Hur hackade Mark Zuckerberg elevhemmens hemsidor?

Permalänk
Medlem

Hur hackade Mark Zuckerberg elevhemmens hemsidor?

Hejsan,

Efter att ha sett The social network, så blev jag väldigt intresserad mark gjorde mm. I scenen då han skapar facesmash så gör han ju intrång på alla elevhemmen på Harvard, men hur gjorde han det? Man får se lite Perl script och PHP script men dom visar aldrig hur han hackade.

Någon som vet?

bessla

Permalänk
Medlem

Har ingen aning egentligen, men vill minnas att de nämnde något om dåligt satta rättigheter i filmen. Helt oavsett så rörde det sig förmodligen om öppet tillgängliga filer antingen på nätet eller på filsystemet som studenterna delade på. Dvs nätverksutdelade hårddiskar mountade till ett gemensamt filsystem där alla har sina hem-kataloger etc etc eller något åt det hållet.

Hur som helst har jag väldigt svårt att tro att det var någon egentligen "hacking" inblandad. (fast det beror väl på vad man menar med hacking också) Men som sagt, jag har ingen aning.

Visa signatur

"Some poor, phoneless fool is probably sitting next to a waterfall somewhere, totally unaware of how angry and scared he's supposed to be." - Duncan Trussell

Permalänk
Medlem

"Hacking" (eller cracking) utnyttjar i regel alltid någon typ av säkerhetshål. Där har du också svaret på hur det gick till.
Sedan är The Social Network inte mer än en film.. så antagligen inte speciellt mycket verklighetsföränkring till vad som egentligen skedde.

Visa signatur

Citera om du skriver till mig. Annars läser jag troligtvis INTE.

Permalänk
Medlem

Tack för svaren!

Permalänk

Detta sägs vara orginalkonversationen, finns att hitta lite överallt på nätet.

Citat:

12:58pm. Let the hacking begin. First on the list is Kirkland. They keep everything open and allow indexes in their Apache configuration, so a little wget magic is all that’s necessary to download the entire Kirkland facebook. Child’s play.

1:03am. Next on the list is Eliot. They’re also open, but with no indexes in Apache. I can run an empty search and it returns all of the images in the database inprocess.php a single page. Then I can save the page and Mozilla will save all the images for me. Excellent. Moving right along…

1:06am. Lowell has some security. They require a username/password combo to access the facebook. I’m going to go ahead and say that they don’thave access to the main fas user database, so they have no way of knowing what people’s passwords are, and the house isn’t exactly going to ask students for their fas passwords, so it’s got to be something else. Maybe there’s a single username/password combo that all of Lowell knows. That seems a little hard to manage since it would be impossible for the webmaster to tell Lowell residents how to figure out the username and password without giving them away completely. And you do want people to know what kind of authentication is necessary, so it’s probably not that either. So what does each student have that can be used for authentication that the house webmaster has access to? Student ids anyone? Suspicions affirmed – time to get myself a matching name and student id combo for Lowell and I’m in. But there are more problems. The pictures are separated into a bunch of different pages, and I’m way too lazy to go through all of them and save each one. Writing a perl script to take care of that seems like the right answer. Indeed.

1:31am. Adams has no security, but limits the number of results to 20 a page. All I need to do is break out the same script I just used on Lowell and we’re set.

1:42am. Quincy has no online facebook. What a sham. Nothing I can do about that.

1:43am. Dunster is intense. Not only is there no public directory, but there’s no directory at all. You have to do searches, and if your search returns more than 20 matches, nothing gets returned. And once you do get results, they don’t link directly to the images; they link to a php that redirects or something. Weird. This may be difficult. I’ll come back later.

1:52am. Leverett is a little better. They still make you search, but you can do an empty search and get links to pages with every student’s picture. It’s slightly obnoxious that they only let you view one picture at a time, and there’s no way I’m going to go to 500 pages to download pics one at a time, so it’s definitely necessary to break out emacs and modify that perl script. This time it’s going to look at the directory and figure out what pages it needs to go to by finding links with regexes. Then it’ll just go to all of the pages it found links to and jack the images from them. It’s taking a few tries to compile the script…another Beck’s is in order.

2:08am. Mather is basically the same as Leverett, except they break their directory down into classes. There aren’t any freshmen in their facebook…how weak. So I..

Så det han gjorde var helt enkelt några enkla skript som laddade ner olika samlingar med bilder. Ingenting speciellt att tala om.

Edit: Hittade en källa som berättar ursprunget av chatten (som tydligen var blogginlägg): http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/hot_document/...

Visa signatur

Avatarkreds till: http://imgur.com/HOxIL
Alakai säger: Ryssen skrattar. Norrland hembränner på uppdrag av regeringen. Sälar dör i blyförgiftning, fulla och glada. Förvirringen är total. Kungen är nöjd.

Permalänk
Medlem

Men vilket program ser man när man få se trafiken på facesmash?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av bessla:

Men vilket program ser man när man få se trafiken på facesmash?

Bara att kolla anslutningar till deras domän, eftersom de var admins över sidan så var det ju inga problem.

Visa signatur

Citera om du vill ha svar, hjälpte jag dig, gilla svaret!
Felkod40