Debut Cinematic Trailer
CG Demon Battle Trailer
Ragnar Tornquist Interview
GRTV
PAX 09: Director Interview

Kingsmouth Location Teaser (2/2 -10)
Dark Days Teaser (23/3 -10)
Exclusive Dark Days Trailer (25/3 -10)

The game will feature an original setting created by Funcom, with contemporary elements as well as "magic, myths, conspiracies and dark horrors". Contrary to rumors, spawned by this game's second working title, it has neither anything to do with, nor is inspired by the .hack franchise and its setting. Tørnquist debunked several rumors surrounding The Secret World, stating that "there are no aliens or sci-fi elements" in it. He also denied any connection of TSW to The Longest Journey.

At GDC 2009, Tørnquist revealed more about the setting and the story. He stressed that the game is set in the "modern day real world" but also incorporates pieces of ancient mythologies, real and false history, urban legends, and pop culture, and ties them into an original back-story. The latter is said to go back in time for 100 million years and encompass long extinct ancient civilizations. The players will assume the roles of supernatural heroes who participate in a "future war between good and evil", fighting dark monsters that threaten the modern world. Tørnquist identified the genre of the story as dark fantasy, mentioning vampires, demons, and zombies. The players will be free to travel across different locations of the world (both real, like London and New York, and mythical, e.g. Agartha, the legendary city located within Hollow Earth) and even in time, to pursue the overall plot and investigate new mysteries in connection to the dark invasion. The overall plot will have a conclusion but the designers also leave room for future expansions.

After announcing the development of The Secret World, Funcom project director Jorgen Tharaldsen informed the press that the game uses the same engine as Age of Conan. According to Funcom, the game will blend elements of MMO gameplay with alternate reality gaming and social networking.

At GDC 2009, Tørnquist gave an interview to GameSpot regarding TSW, revealing more about its gameplay. There will be neither levels, nor classes in the game; instead, the character building will be skill-based. This way, the developers plan to avoid level grinding, allowing new players to join the game more easily. The player characters will be customizable to a large degree, particularly in their choice of clothing, weapons (which range from shotguns to swords and can be customized and upgraded), and the supernatural powers they acquire. Combat against computer-controlled monsters will be one of the game's central points and will require more of player's attention than contemporary MMORPGs. The players will be able to form teams to fight together but in an earlier blog posting, Tørnquist assured that the game can also be played in single-player mode, should a player be uncomfortable or unable to play with a group. According to him, the game is story-driven and there will be an overarching linear plot, as well as numerous side-quests, ranging from investigation to sabotage and hunting, since diversity of the gameplay will be another central point.

Visa signatur

Intel i7 10700k - Noctua NH-D15 chromax - Asus Maximus XII Hero - G.Skill 32GB 3600MHz Trident Z Neo - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO - Corsair RM750x V2 - Phanteks P600S - Asus ROG Swift PG329Q - Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Medlem

Oh najs tuttar! ^^

Visa signatur

http://ninite.com/ - Perfekt vid ominstallation av windows.

Permalänk
Medlem

Riktigt taggad på detta utifrån det jag sett, ska bli kul att se var det leder.

Visa signatur

Intel i7 10700k - Noctua NH-D15 chromax - Asus Maximus XII Hero - G.Skill 32GB 3600MHz Trident Z Neo - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO - Corsair RM750x V2 - Phanteks P600S - Asus ROG Swift PG329Q - Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Medlem

Intressant koncept, men jag vill nog inte tagga upp mig inför något Funcom gör inom närmaste tiden

Visa signatur

Instead, why don't you go get me a big cup of coffee with so much fake sugar that the coffee itself gets cancer?

Louqe Ghost S1 MkII Limestone | Intel Core i5 11400F | Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 | Asrock B560M-ITX/AC | Crucial Ballistix 16gb 3466Mhz Cl16 | HP 3060 Ti Arctic Mod | WD Blue Nvme 1Tb | Corsair SF600 Platinum

Permalänk
Medlem

Inte ens lite?

Permalänk

Hm, det här kan bli intressant.

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av TreD
Inte ens lite?

Vill inte, men om jag kan motstå att inte tagga upp mig är en annan sak

Spelet verkar förresten ha väldigt många intressanta features. Levellöst, klasslöst och med flera internationella städer som spelvärld. Trevligt!

Visa signatur

Instead, why don't you go get me a big cup of coffee with so much fake sugar that the coffee itself gets cancer?

Louqe Ghost S1 MkII Limestone | Intel Core i5 11400F | Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 | Asrock B560M-ITX/AC | Crucial Ballistix 16gb 3466Mhz Cl16 | HP 3060 Ti Arctic Mod | WD Blue Nvme 1Tb | Corsair SF600 Platinum

Permalänk
Medlem

Du får tänka på att det är ett helt anant team än conan teamet som gör det med. Åtminstonde i början.

----------
Now, the team of TSW, is this a dedicated team, or have people on this team been pulled away from other titles?
----------

No, it's been it's own team. This team formed after Dreamfall was done, and most of the team is made of people from Dreamfall, especially artists and designers. We've also done hiring and gotten new people onto the team, and as Conan has wrapped up we also got a few people from them and Anarchy Online as well.

It's like any other developer, people gravitate from team to team depending on where resources are needed. Right now we are getting close to 100 people on The Secret World, and we are going to keep growing with mostly the new people that we hire.

http://www.massively.com/2009/04/07/gdc09-interview-with-the-...

Permalänk
Medlem

Någon som har någon aning om vad nedräkningen är? Just nu står den på 1342 08 29. Den sista siffran är uppenbarligen sekunder, och den andra minuter. Men vad är den första? Det kan ju omöjligt vara dagar, eftersom nedräkningen då skulle sluta i slutet av 2012. Lite tidigt att bygga upp hype inför releasen nu redan...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice teaser.... detta är defenitift något som jag kommer hålla ögonen på. ^^

Visa signatur

"overclocked budget-monster":amd athlonX2 5200+@ 3.2 ghz -:- k9a2vm -:- 2600pro 512mb (core:850 mem:580) -:- 2gb crosair...

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Funcom har ju tyvärr inte stoltserat med några stora titlar än; däribland det fortfarande buggiga Age of Conan...men alla är berättigade att göra misstag, så vi får väl hålla tummarna på detta.

Ser helt klart intressant ut iallafall!

Permalänk
Medlem

Från jag jag läst är detta högst intressant, hoppas dom kan få ut det innan året är slut!

Visa signatur

Gamestation |AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz| |Corsair TWINX 2048Mb PC3200 400Mhz| |2 x GeForce 7800GTX 256Mb SLI| |Western Digital 320Gb 7200rpm 8Mb S-ATA2| |MSI K8N SLI Platinum nForce4| |Antec TX1050B Black Miditower 500W|
Dell Vostro 1500 |T7250 2.0Ghz| |160Gb 7200rpm| |3Gb RAM| |8600M GT| |9Cell batteri|

Permalänk
Medlem

Personligen hoppas jag att detta utvecklingsstudio är klar med denna så fort som möjligt så de kan börja göra spelet de har LÅVAT! Tredje spelet i The Long Journey serien... men bleh lär nog dröja mååånga år innan man får se det tack vare detta MMO't :/.

Visa signatur

Speldator: Ryzen 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3070
Server: i7-8700k, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080
Steam deck + de fiesta konsoller.

Permalänk
Medlem

Kul o se kanske hur det blir ,men blir inget köp för min del. Speciellt inte med Failcom bakom rodret.

Visa signatur

PC1: Ryzen 7 2700X / Noctua NH-D15 / GTX 1080 / 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 / Win 10 / Asus Rog Strix X470-F / 500GB SSD / Define C
PC2: i7 7700k / Cryorig C7 / GTX 1060 6GB / 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 / Win 10 / Asus Strix Z270F / 500GB SSD / In-Win 904
PC3: i5 3570k / Be Quiet pure rock / GTX 960 / 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 / Win 10 / ASRock P67 Extreme4 / 80GB SSD / AeroCool Shard TG

Permalänk
Medlem

Ser intressant ut, men vill inte bli besviken igen som efter Conan så kommer glömma bort detta tills några månader efter det är släppt och kolla då.

Visa signatur

//Gelantious
I heard life sucks, that''s why I''m glad I don''t have one.

Permalänk
Medlem

We've been chomping at the bit for more on Funcom's modern-day MMO The Secret World ever since the milkshake-ruining trailer appeared in April, and the developer plans to deliver at this year's PAX.

Instead of bringing the player to the fantasy, The Secret World brings the fantasy to the player, taking place in a modern setting, where the occult hides just outside of view. While we've not heard much since the debut trailer captured our imaginations, Funcom has gotten in touch to let us know they have big plans for the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle next week. Funcom's Erling Ellingsen assures us that exclusive reveals will be taking place, so we'll be there to help shed a little light on Funcom's next big thing.

Hopefully we'll also find out what happened to milkshake girl, as I've been rather concerned.

http://kotaku.com/5345988/funcoms-the-secret-world-becomes-le...

PAX 2009 is scheduled to occur on September 4-6, once again at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Ny CG-trailer, man blir hypad!

CG Demon Battle Trailer

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Detta är det riktiga projektet funcom jobbat med i 10 år det andra dom sysslar med är till att finansiera detta......... Jag har vetat om detta i 6 år nu och de senaste tre fyra åren har det varit gåtor och koderoch subtila kryptiska budskap över hela nätet.... Jag har varit med hela vägen När detta släpps är det mmo för vuxna aldrig mer blir det samma, för detta behöver man inteligens och mognad så snorvalpar ....hejdå.... projektet har bytt namn tre gånger och de har försökt kamuflera det för man vill inte att det hypas så det skapar tidspress... men plot och quester och karakterism är klar nu så det har börjats arbete på grafiken. Så til nästa jul kanske om vi har tur.

Permalänk
Medlem

Ska bli kul att spela ett mmo på konsol. Dock tror jag jag skaffar det till pc faktiskt.

Visa signatur

|AMD Ryzen 9 5900X| |ASUS ROG Strix B550-F| |Crucial Ballistix 32GB CL16@3600MHz| |PNY RTX 4090 XLR8 Gaming| |Samsung 990 Pro 2TB| |Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB| |Samsung 860 Evo 1TB| |Corsair RM1000| |Fractal Design Define R5| |LG OLED 48" C2 Evo|

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Wall of text för den som orkar/vill läsa.

http://kotaku.com/5356125/the-secret-world-revealed-factions-...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

woot! det ser ut som ett riktigt välbyggt projekt. hoppas att funcom ror i landet det. dock tvivlar jag starkt iom age of conan OCH anarchy online (som iofs fortfarande är i bruk 8 år senare, men ack vilken realse)

Visa signatur

Ominous Doctrines Of The Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Dark Days Teaser

Hela trailern kommer upp senare i veckan.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

*tråd flyttad*

Permalänk
Medlem

Lite nya screens

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Inaktiv

har hållt lite koll på det, ser bra ut men skulle villja se med game play, fan börjar bli för många MMO nu som man måste köra

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av dmr
Hela trailern kommer upp senare i veckan.

Som utlovat, clicky.

Visa signatur