Vengeance 2100 buzzing while charging

Permalänk
Medlem

Vengeance 2100 buzzing while charging

Hi Corsair,

In Christmas present I got a pair of Vengeance 2100. These were buzzing when I was charging them. I tested them on other computers to see that it wasn't just an issue with my computer. The buzzing was still there. I went to the store and got a new pair but these acts the same way.

The buzzing occurs only while charging and with the microphone stick down. If I put it up back on mute the buzzing disappears.

This is a huge problem because it's not only heard by me but people im talkign with aswelll.

Edit: A few interesting stuff about the problem. When I touch the end of the micaxis the sound gets MUCH higher. If I take out my laptops charger from the computer and touch the metal on the now not connected to computer charger the sound stops or goes super low (and disappears if I touch the mic where the sound got really high if the charger is connected to the computer). The charger is still plugged in to the electricity but just not the computer. Any ideas?

Permalänk
Corsair

Sorry tohear that Jacob. Does it only happen when charging?

Under Sound option > Recording > Microphone > Listed, try unchecking "Listen to this device" and see if that makes a difference.

Permalänk
Medlem

I've got the same issue with my 2100, got it a week ago and every time it charging while it's unmuted you can hear a buzzing sound.

"Listen to device" was unchecked and when I checked it the buzzing sound got worse, probably because thats the real buzzing sound my pals hear when I'am talking in Skype with them.

Please fix this Corsair, hopefully in a software update.

/Regards, Godzill

Permalänk
Medlem

I have the same problem with mine, the buzzing is even present when using a external charger (Phone charger). The solution is to have the computer connected to a grounded outlet. Or make yourself the same potential as the computer (touching any metal part).

These are wireless headphones and I don't see myself using the mic for more than 10 hours everyday so the problem is not that big for me at least.

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Godzill:

I've got the same issue with my 2100, got it a week ago and every time it charging while it's unmuted you can hear a buzzing sound.

"Listen to device" was unchecked and when I checked it the buzzing sound got worse, probably because thats the real buzzing sound my pals hear when I'am talking in Skype with them.

Please fix this Corsair, hopefully in a software update.

/Regards, Godzill

What if the mic is muted, do you still hear the buzzing noise? If not, then I wouldn't think that it's software issue, more like hardware or external. Try what Lutop suggested, use a properly grounded outlet or maybe use the headset on a different system and see if you get the same buzzing noise.

Permalänk
Medlem

I've tried to charge it with my phone charger and through my laptop but yet the buzzing sound remains when I'am unmuted. I'am thinking about returning the headset. I love the headset but that buzzing sound is really annoying especially cause I'am talking in Skype frequently.

Permalänk
Medlem

I got the same issue with my v. 2000, touching my case makes it silent but starts again as soon as i let go of it

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

R5 3600 | 5700 xt | XPG SPECTRIX 3200MHz 16GB | B450i Aorus Pro WIFI | Corsair SF750v2 | Evolv Shift Air |
Galleri: Aether | Chandra

-=CITERA FÖR SVAR=-

Permalänk
Medlem

My 2000 does the same thing, doesn't matter where or what I charge with, it is buzzing when charging and micboom is down, moving the boom up and in that way muting the mic it stops.
The thing is that the 2000 headset I had before this pair that was replaced due to one of the headphones cracked off did not have this issue.

Visa signatur

Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Z87-PRO | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | 4x8GB Kingston Fury Beast 1600Mhz @ 2000Mhz | Fractal Design Define XL R2 Svart | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Western Digital 4TB | Western Digital Red 3TB | 2st AOC 24G2U skärm | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Windows 10 Pro | Custom EK vattenkylning

Permalänk

I have the same problem with my Veangence 2000, to make it a little less annoying I use an antistatic wristband and ground myself to my computer case, it doesn't remove the buzzing completely but it helps.
This is a big problem to me since I use my headset frequently. I like the headset but I probably won't buy another Corsair headset unless I get a no buzz guarantee.

Visa signatur

Bitfenix Prodigy | 3570K | ASUS 960 Strix | GA-Z77N-WIFI | 8 GB DDR3
Samsung 840 EVO 120 | OCZ Arc 100 120GB | Seagate 1TB
Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized | Logitech G27 | Philips 273V

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Godzill:

I've tried to charge it with my phone charger and through my laptop but yet the buzzing sound remains when I'am unmuted. I'am thinking about returning the headset. I love the headset but that buzzing sound is really annoying especially cause I'am talking in Skype frequently.

If the buzzing is pretty consistent no matter what cable you use or what system you plug it into, then it would be best to get the headset replaced.

Skrivet av lowngcawt:

I got the same issue with my v. 2000, touching my case makes it silent but starts again as soon as i let go of it

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Sounds like a grounding issue. Get it replaced via Corsair RMA so you can get the V2100 headset.

Skrivet av Mac83:

My 2000 does the same thing, doesn't matter where or what I charge with, it is buzzing when charging and micboom is down, moving the boom up and in that way muting the mic it stops.
The thing is that the 2000 headset I had before this pair that was replaced due to one of the headphones cracked off did not have this issue.

I would get this replaced as well. Submit an RMA at Corsair.force.com

Skrivet av M4RT1NSW3:

I have the same problem with my Veangence 2000, to make it a little less annoying I use an antistatic wristband and ground myself to my computer case, it doesn't remove the buzzing completely but it helps.
This is a big problem to me since I use my headset frequently. I like the headset but I probably won't buy another Corsair headset unless I get a no buzz guarantee.

Get it replaced via Corsair RMA, that way you can get the V2100 as a replacement.

Permalänk
Corsair

We are currently investigating this at the moment. Apparently we are seeing similar buzzing noise from the V2000 and V2100. Although, not wide spread, we are still seeing similar reports from time to time. I have a feeling that this is more like hardware issue rather than a software. But on the same note, I would't disregard software at this point until we have more indicative results. In the meantime, I have a beta software that might be worth a try and see if its going to alleviate the buzzing noise. Please see link

Please provide feedback if you can. Thanks

Permalänk
Medlem

So a buzzing Vengeance 2000 due to grounding issues is accepted for RMA?
I stopped using my headset due to this so it sure would be awesome

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Dator: *Censurerad av Jantelagen*

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av dwd:

So a buzzing Vengeance 2000 due to grounding issues is accepted for RMA?
I stopped using my headset due to this so it sure would be awesome

Yes, we will be more than happy to get it replaced for you. Simply submit an RMA at Corsair.force.com

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

We are currently investigating this at the moment. Apparently we are seeing similar buzzing noise from the V2000 and V2100. Although, not wide spread, we are still seeing similar reports from time to time. I have a feeling that this is more like hardware issue rather than a software. But on the same note, I would't disregard software at this point until we have more indicative results. In the meantime, I have a beta software that might be worth a try and see if its going to alleviate the buzzing noise. Please see link

Please provide feedback if you can. Thanks

I tried these drivers but it didn't change anything, still the same buzzing when I charge with the micboom down.

Visa signatur

Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Z87-PRO | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | 4x8GB Kingston Fury Beast 1600Mhz @ 2000Mhz | Fractal Design Define XL R2 Svart | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Western Digital 4TB | Western Digital Red 3TB | 2st AOC 24G2U skärm | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Windows 10 Pro | Custom EK vattenkylning

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Mac83:

I tried these drivers but it didn't change anything, still the same buzzing when I charge with the micboom down.

If this is the case, I would recommend to submit an RMA request and let me know the ticket # once you have done so I can arrange an Failure analysis for the unit.

And this goes to V2000 and V2100 owners, If you are experience buzzing or hissing noise with your headset., please submit an RMA request at Corsair.force.com and let me know the ticket #. We are trying to get all the units that have this issue back here in HQ for evaluation. Thanks

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

If this is the case, I would recommend to submit an RMA request and let me know the ticket # once you have done so I can arrange an Failure analysis for the unit.

And this goes to V2000 and V2100 owners, If you are experience buzzing or hissing noise with your headset., please submit an RMA request at Corsair.force.com and let me know the ticket #. We are trying to get all the units that have this issue back here in HQ for evaluation. Thanks

I will do that.
The wierd thing is that it has done this since i got them, but lately the last 4 months or so even when i'm not charging and using my mic and get close to something as my monitor, keyboard, electrical wires och even my lipo batteries for my radiocontrolled car when there is current running through them the mic starts buzzing the same way.
I thought it was due to bad grounding at first but batteries shouldn't do that and I have tested the headphones at different houses to be sure but it does the same.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks for that info Mac83. That is very useful info that I can pass on to our engineering team for them to use during failure analysis.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Hey, could you possibly take a look at ticket 6371323 for me?

The shipping costs seem to land at around 450 SEK, which means about half the price of a new headset. It can't possibly be worth the hassle to spend that much money only to get an (eventually) fixed unit back?

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Sounds like a grounding issue. Get it replaced via Corsair RMA so you can get the V2100 headset.

Get it replaced via Corsair RMA, that way you can get the V2100 as a replacement.

I got a 2000 back from my RMA, not 2100, and with the same damn issue..

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av dwd:

I got a 2000 back from my RMA, not 2100, and with the same damn issue..

Do you mind trying this version.

You have Windows 8 right? that's what it says in your ticket, just wanted to make sure.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Do you mind trying this version.

You have Windows 8 right? that's what it says in your ticket, just wanted to make sure.

Yeah 8.1 and the "good" software, and it's still buzzing when I'm charging while having the mic enabled.
But what happened to the 2100? I considered it being worth spending all this time/hassle of opening an RMA to in receive a newer model as replacement, not getting a just as bad unit. Was there some kind of miscommunication regarding the 2100 replacement unit?

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av dwd:

Yeah 8.1 and the "good" software, and it's still buzzing when I'm charging while having the mic enabled.
But what happened to the 2100? I considered it being worth spending all this time/hassle of opening an RMA to in receive a newer model as replacement, not getting a just as bad unit. Was there some kind of miscommunication regarding the 2100 replacement unit?

Not sure what went wrong with the replacement. Let me work this out with our customer service and have another arrangement.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Not sure what went wrong with the replacement. Let me work this out with our customer service and have another arrangement.

Did you have another arrangement yet?

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Permalänk
Corsair

Yes, I was able to arrange another shipment. Looks like it got delivered today. let me know if you got it. THanks

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Yes, I was able to arrange another shipment. Looks like it got delivered today. let me know if you got it. THanks

Would it be possible to arrange another RMA for my headset which also has the buzzing sound?

Permalänk
Inaktiv

I got the exact same problem, and I know for a fact that my outlet is properly grounded. Everything that is said in this thread applies to my headset, including the buzz going WAY higher when for example touching the mic with my finger. Is this a problem with the headphones, software or something else? because I can't really stand it.

/spelsjuk

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Virelai:

Would it be possible to arrange another RMA for my headset which also has the buzzing sound?

You already have a ticket # right? If you do, give it to me and I'll advise our customer service to set up another replacement.

Skrivet av anon196866:

I got the exact same problem, and I know for a fact that my outlet is properly grounded. Everything that is said in this thread applies to my headset, including the buzz going WAY higher when for example touching the mic with my finger. Is this a problem with the headphones, software or something else? because I can't really stand it.

/spelsjuk

Please submit an RMA request at Corsair.force.com and I'll make sure that we expedite a replacement for you right away. Thanks

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av Greybeard:

You already have a ticket # right? If you do, give it to me and I'll advise our customer service to set up another replacement.

Please submit an RMA request at Corsair.force.com and I'll make sure that we expedite a replacement for you right away. Thanks

I have submited an RMA request now, hope a replacement unit will be ok,

Permalänk

Hi,

I'v got the same problem here with the buzzing sound while charging. goes away if i touch my metal case. it is not very annoying for me because its not that laud but for my friends i am speaking to it is very laud.

i have not tested plugging my computer to a grounded outlet but will test it tonight. but if that do not work what is the next move? Looks like the RMA ones have the same problem so i will not bother to do one before i can get guaranteed it is fixed on the RMA ones.

Permalänk
Skrivet av flameheead:

Hi,

I'v got the same problem here with the buzzing sound while charging. goes away if i touch my metal case. it is not very annoying for me because its not that laud but for my friends i am speaking to it is very laud.

i have not tested plugging my computer to a grounded outlet but will test it tonight. but if that do not work what is the next move? Looks like the RMA ones have the same problem so i will not bother to do one before i can get guaranteed it is fixed on the RMA ones.

Hi again,

just want to report that my buzzing sound was in fact lack of ground in my outlet. tested with a outlet i knew for certain was grounded and the buzzing noise disappeared. you guys who have tried and it didn't work for, are you 100% certain that your outlet is grounded? or is working properly?

now i just have to draw new cables and make my outlets in the living room grounded -.-

another question, is it supposed to be this way? that all headsets connected to computers that are not grounded make this buzzing sound. or is it a faulty product from the start?

Thanks for the help end input about this problem!