Corsair link fan controller problem.

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair link fan controller problem.

I have just installed the Corsair Link Cooling kit, as my ASUS motherboards fan controller seams to have taken damage with the last water leakage in my system. But the problem is that I can't seam to control my fans very well.

I have 5 120SP performance fans that can't even be brought under 2000RPM, so I can only control my fans about +/- 300RPM...
This was also a problem when I tried using the manual controller on my 600T case, using a voltmeter I measured above 10,5v at all times.

Is there something wrong with my product/expectations, or should I just return the product to the store?

Permalänk
Corsair

First thing that I would like to find out is, what version of Corsair Link are you using? The latest version is 2.5.5145. Do you have all the fans connected to the cooling node? or you have some connected to the pump?

If you are able to control the fans when plugged in to the pump, then chances are, it's the cooling node not executing the profile change.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

First thing that I would like to find out is, what version of Corsair Link are you using? The latest version is 2.5.5145. Do you have all the fans connected to the cooling node? or you have some connected to the pump?

If you are able to control the fans when plugged in to the pump, then chances are, it's the cooling node not executing the profile change.

I have custom water cooling so no pump to plug my fans into. The version I have was downloaded from the website yesterday and is 2.4.5110, I will try the new version.

Edit:
Now some can be brought down to 1600RPM which is still to much, but now when I change the RPM on some fans other change.

The only thing I change is set the "Cooling Fan 3" mode to "Fixed (RPM)", and "Cooling Fan 1"(which is a 120AF Quiet Edition) stops even though it is still set to "Maximum Speed".

Permalänk
Medlem

I also measured with a voltmeter and it can't go lower than 8,9v on channel 2 and 9v on channel 3, and when channel 3 and 2 is at 9v channel 1 turns off.

Permalänk
Corsair

Are those SP120s PWM or 3pin? I thought you have SPs and not AF. If you are using the 3pin version, are you using the voltage step-down adapter?

Check your Cooling node firmware as well, make sure its version 1.2.11. This FW has the PWM support. You can check the Cooling node FW version under "Options" tab.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Are those SP120s PWM or 3pin? I thought you have SPs and not AF. If you are using the 3pin version, are you using the voltage step-down adapter?

Check your Cooling node firmware as well, make sure its version 1.2.11. This FW has the PWM support. You can check the Cooling node FW version under "Options" tab.

I have 5 SP 3pin and 1 AF 3pin. 3 SPs in front, 2 SPs top and an AF as back exhaust. I also have an EK-DCP 4.0 pump attached to the Cooling node if that maters.

In the newer software I can't seam to find how to update the firmware, but the current version is 1.1.12

I tried installing the older version and it won't let me update the firmware.

I give up, I'll deliver it back to the retailer since I can't get it to work.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

I'll borrow this thread a bit.
I've also problem with the link.
All my hardware comes up with temps, but none of my fans does, nor the lightmodul.
Have installed the latest software version you linked, cant find firmware, but the firmware zip is in the installation folder.
I use akasa and noctua pwm fans.

Visa signatur

[MOBO] Rampage IV BE [CPU] 4930k @4,2 GHz [GPU] Evga GTX 1080 Classified [RAM] 32Gb Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz cl9 [PSU] AX 1200i [Chassi] 900D [OS Drive] Ocz Revodrive 3 [Storage] 1,5Tb SSD + 3Tb WD Black [Screen] Acer XB270HU [Cooling] 1540 rad 2xD5, EK block: CPU, GPU, Mobo [MAC] MBP 15" Retina [PS4] + 750Gb SSD [NAS] QNAP TVS-471 i7 16Gb 18Tb

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Cigge88:

I'll borrow this thread a bit.
I've also problem with the link.
All my hardware comes up with temps, but none of my fans does, nor the lightmodul.
Have installed the latest software version you linked, cant find firmware, but the firmware zip is in the installation folder.
I use akasa and noctua pwm fans.

What kind of set up do you have Cigg? Do you have I series cooler? Link cooling node and lighting node?

Where do you have fans connected?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

What kind of set up do you have Cigg? Do you have I series cooler? Link cooling node and lighting node?

All the hardware pops up in the program.
I'm running win 8.1.
I'm running a custom loop.
The link commander is connected to usb on the motherboard. From the commander unit I've got link cable to both light and cooling node.
The lights lit up blue, but they are not shown in the software.
The fans are connected to the cooling node with PWM-splitters.
The lightning and cooling node are connected with the molex power cable.

Don't know what else there is to say. O yeah, the pumps are also pwm-cables and connected to the cooling node. The pumps are running at all time, but still does not show in program.
I read on the forums about the registry hack. I tried that also without success. And also the folder in the hack did not exist, but a very close letter and digit combination I manage to find. None the less I then read that this was fixed in the latest software version, and since I played around a bit in regedit I did a fresh install of windows. And followed the tips about reboot the computer after the installation before running the program, still no success.

Edit:
I also have two of the temp sensors plugged in, and they does not show either.
And one more thing. When i boot up the computer all fans go at full speed for a few seconds, then father uefi they stall. Got 5 fans on a 5-way pwm splitter with molex power, those fans go in 100-200 rpm. The rest of the fans don't move at all father booting.

Visa signatur

[MOBO] Rampage IV BE [CPU] 4930k @4,2 GHz [GPU] Evga GTX 1080 Classified [RAM] 32Gb Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz cl9 [PSU] AX 1200i [Chassi] 900D [OS Drive] Ocz Revodrive 3 [Storage] 1,5Tb SSD + 3Tb WD Black [Screen] Acer XB270HU [Cooling] 1540 rad 2xD5, EK block: CPU, GPU, Mobo [MAC] MBP 15" Retina [PS4] + 750Gb SSD [NAS] QNAP TVS-471 i7 16Gb 18Tb

Permalänk
Medlem

Have done a lot of driver and bios updates and did a new installation of link.
When I started it up the first time it saud my commander unit needs to update firmware from 1.9. But then it says it was not able to update it. So I figured I would update it manually.
Came across this guide Link Guide
But I dont have a "TOOLS" option.
And under Options and Devices, only hardware shows, none of the link components comes up.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

I managed to get some error codes from Device Manager.
Got: USB not recognized error code 45.
And This device cannot start. (Code 10).

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

I just noticed one more thing. Earlier the commander lit green. Now when the computer is off, its flashing red, it has not done that before.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Cigge88:

I'm running win 8.1.

Doesn't your problem lie within this? I know that a lot of people stayed on 8 due to CorsairLINK not working or being buggy as shit on 8.1, even with the latest version and whatnot.

If I were you'd I'd boot up a VM of W8 and see if it works.

Visa signatur

Define R4 / 4770k / Hydro H80i / Gigabyte GTX 760 / MSI Z87-G45 / A-Data 8GB 1600 MHz / EVO Basic 250GB / 3TB Seagate / Corsair 750W RM 80+ Gold Modular / BenQ 21.5" 1920x1080 x3

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Vix:

Doesn't your problem lie within this? I know that a lot of people stayed on 8 due to CorsairLINK not working or being buggy as shit on 8.1, even with the latest version and whatnot.

If I were you'd I'd boot up a VM of W8 and see if it works.

But then I would need to buy a new windows?

Anyway, read around a bit and found that I should use an lder version of link to update the commander.
Now the firmware update is stuck and the commander unit does not lit up at all.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

In the older link program it says firmware version 0.0

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Okay, I've now plugged it in to another computer with win7.
I installed the older verison of link 1.2.7 since my commander is 1.1.9 according to the update threads on your forum.
On this computer it also shows the commander as firmware 0.0 in the device managment in the link software.
And when I try to update the firmware of the commander it freezez at "Status: Bootloader in process... Shutting off the computer...etc.etc..."

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

You can use Corsair Link Beta 2.5 version with a Commander that has FW version 1.1.9. Since you are using Win7, Corsair link 2.5 version will have no condition as to what version you use. You are no longer limited to Link 1.2.7 software version.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

You can use Corsair Link Beta 2.5 version with a Commander that has FW version 1.1.9. Since you are using Win7, Corsair link 2.5 version will have no condition as to what version you use. You are no longer limited to Link 1.2.7 software version.

I've updated my commander to 2.0.6.
But there is no way to update cooling node, it's on 1.1.12.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

But are you able to see your fans now? what about the cooling node? Can you control any of the fans and LEDs?

Try to hot plug the USB header on the Mobo, unplug it then plug it back in on a different USB header.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

But are you able to see your fans now? what about the cooling node? Can you control any of the fans and LEDs?

Try to hot plug the USB header on the Mobo, unplug it then plug it back in on a different USB header.

I've installed and reinstalled 2.4 and 2.5, plugged and unplugged the usb. And then finally it seems to be working. Except that the ssd's don't show up not which they did earlier.

And now I rebooted the computer after saving the profile. And it's not working again.....

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Okay. I can control the light. I can control the PSU (AX1200i), but nothing to the cooling node is working now, and still not after reboot/reinstall.
Something is wrong with the cooling node. I know it has the wrong firmware. But there is no way in hell to update it.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Let me find an older Corsair Link SW version where you can manually flash the Cooling node's FW.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Let me find an older Corsair Link SW version where you can manually flash the Cooling node's FW.

Yes, that would be great. But then it must be able to run that SW with 2.0.6 on commander also.
Hope it works, cause it seems like the cooling node is the problem.
To bad I ordered a aquaero 6, but would still wanna try an other SW version to update the node.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Here is a version that has a manual field updater tool, Corsair Link. This version has the option to flash FW under "Option" tab then "Devices". Then make sure do get the FW file here

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Here is a version that has a manual field updater tool, Corsair Link. This version has the option to flash FW under "Option" tab then "Devices". Then make sure do get the FW file here

Thanks, but the cooling node does not show in bootloader. But it comes up under devices.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Sorry to hear that man, but that cooling is very dodgy... let's go ahead and get it replaced. Get a ticket # via RMA and give it to me. I'll set up an Express RMA for you.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Sorry to hear that man, but that cooling is very dodgy... let's go ahead and get it replaced. Get a ticket # via RMA and give it to me. I'll set up an Express RMA for you.

Aww to bad you think you think its broken. But I have tested all solutions You have given, and I´ve also scavaged the corsair forum for a solution.

Ticket#6443080

Thanks alot for trying to help me out.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks man. Got the ticket # and I'll go ahead and get a new cooling node sent out your way. There is no need to reply in the ticket, I have all the info I need to process this. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Thanks man. Got the ticket # and I'll go ahead and get a new cooling node sent out your way. There is no need to reply in the ticket, I have all the info I need to process this. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thank you so much! Really impressed by your support.
Will the new node have a newer firmware?

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

No problem at all Cigge. I'll flash it myself to make sure that you get the latest FW.