F160 randomly not detected by BIOS

Permalänk
Medlem

F160 randomly not detected by BIOS

Hi
Tried to use my 4 year old Corsair force F160 in a Asus N61JV (laptop) but randomly disappear from bios during cold boot or hibernation, and makes it impossible to boot from.

Tested with Firmware 2.0 and 2.4, and the bios is also up to date (tested with 2 different versions). works time to time but only from a bios reset each time I boot up but still disappear (less frequently) from bios.

UFEI enabled, ACHI enabled tried even different combinations of settings.
USB devices are disconnected and only one Storage drive (F160) connected to the PC

First year I had it was not a problem,
2nd year not able to use it with hibernation on a MBP 15 Mid 2011 but almost never hibernated so it was not a problem.
3rd year: went to the wardrobe.
4th year: use it to speed up by girlfriends computer.

Any suggestions from people what to do? thanks in advance

Permalänk
Corsair

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the SSD is consistently dropping no matter FW you use. I would suggest that you perform secure and erase on the drive and see if we can bring it back to its pristine state. Just make sure that you also have the latest update for your SATA drivers.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85344

If you do not have to back up the drive, I would then skip step to C.1 and on forward. Keep us posted.

Permalänk
Medlem

Thank you, I will try it

I found a temporary to get it up in the bios. By pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del at boot (during bios screen or at the message no boot media found) will bring the SSD back in bios and able to boot from it. A cold boot will make it disappear, but a warm boot will keep the SSD discoverable. o.O