RMA procedure and costs attached to it

Permalänk
Medlem

RMA procedure and costs attached to it

Hi Corsair!
My two months old HS1 got broken last week. In the delivery box was a note that stated that one should NOT return the headset to the sales office, but contact Corsair instead. I contacted Corsair and got the reply to create a RMA and return the headset. The contact with Corsair has been very rapid and correct so far.

However, I would strongly like to recommend Corsair to change the procedure as to that the costumer should return the headset to the sales office instead. Today I had to pay about 300 SEK (€30) for the freight to your office. That is a third of the total cost of the headset, just two months after purchase. I just hope that this won’t happen again during the remaining 22 months of warranty.

Please create some kind of other compensation if you don’t want to change the procedure.
Regards,
Mattias

Permalänk
Medlem

You should just have followed our customer laws and contacted the company where you bought it and let they handle the replacement costs.

Skrivet av tmot:

Hi Corsair!
My two months old HS1 got broken last week. In the delivery box was a note that stated that one should NOT return the headset to the sales office, but contact Corsair instead. I contacted Corsair and got the reply to create a RMA and return the headset. The contact with Corsair has been very rapid and correct so far.

However, I would strongly like to recommend Corsair to change the procedure as to that the costumer should return the headset to the sales office instead. Today I had to pay about 300 SEK (€30) for the freight to your office. That is a third of the total cost of the headset, just two months after purchase. I just hope that this won’t happen again during the remaining 22 months of warranty.

Please create some kind of other compensation if you don’t want to change the procedure.
Regards,
Mattias

Permalänk
Medlem

I agree, but I didn't since there was a note clearly stating that one should not contact the local sales office but Corsair directly.

Permalänk
Corsair

We're going to adjust the wording on those notes. The reason for the note was to ask that you contact Corsair first in case there is a simple way to resolve the issue, without needing to return the product. If the product has a fault, we would suggest returning to the reseller first for RMA, so you don't have to front the postage costs to The Netherlands. So sorry for the confusion.

Hopefully, the leaflets should be adjusted in the future.

Visa signatur