Graphics Card related questions

Permalänk

Graphics Card related questions

Welcome to the MSI Graphics Card thread!

Here you can ask questions or discuss any other matters relating to Graphics Cards.

Information and details of our Graphics Cards can be found at our MSI Official Website

Also, more information can be found at our Facebook page

As in the other "Butiker och tillverkare" threads and forums, the idea with our presence here is NOT to replace our traditional customer service or RMA department. For warranty and RMA issues please visit http://register.msi.com/

Permalänk
Medlem

Hello MSi and may I greet you welcome to the best computer forum on the planet.

Why did you guys never do the lightning version of the 780Ti? I think I read somewhere that only 14 cards were made?

Apart from that, MSi is starting to really show their true color with cards that perform extraordinary!

Thanks in advance.

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Why do you need a vbios update? Do you experience any issues?
I can check for you if there are any vbios updates available?
Can you tell me your serial number.
(In order to find the correc vbios I need the first part of the serial number. e.g. 602-V298-023......)

In idle my core clock is still high. Around 700 when it should be around 300-400. Also my idle temp is pretty high, around 42-43 degrees when it should be around 30.

Othervise my system is cool.

Thats why I wondered if you guys have a new bios update.

Visa signatur

Chassi: Fractal Design Define R4 Nätagg: Cooler Master v700
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5600X Moderkort: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
Kylare: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 1080
Ram: HyperX 16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL17
SSD: Kingston M2 512GB Skärm: Gigabyte M27Q

Permalänk
Skrivet av Santrik:

Why did you guys never do the lightning version of the 780Ti? I think I read somewhere that only 14 cards were made?

Apart from that, MSi is starting to really show their true color with cards that perform extraordinary!

Thanks in advance.

Im also curious, why are there no GTX 780TI Lightning edition?

Visa signatur

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, ASUS X570-P, RTX4070, 32GB DDR4, 2 TB 970 EVO M.2, 500 GB 850 EVO SSD, 1TB SSHD, 4TB + 6TB HDD, AX860.

HTPC: i7-4770K, Maximus VII Impact, GTX770, 16GB DDR3, 256GB 850 Pro SSD, 250 GB 840 Pro SSD, 4 TB WD Red, Cooler Master GX-lite 700w PSU
fraktfritt Inet

Permalänk
Medlem

Welcome to the forums!

Now on to my question: Will you ever givve owners of the 780 Lightning any means to control the lightning scheme? It really clashes with everything in the card. It has black, yellow, blue, green and red. The colors are all over the place. So a LED control would be really appreciated.

Visa signatur

3600X - Asus B450i - G.Skill 32GB Trident Z 3600MHz - MSI 5700XT Mech OC - Fractal Define Nano S - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Corsair SF600 Platinum - Noctua NH-U14S

Permalänk
Skrivet av Pusher:

In idle my core clock is still high. Around 700 when it should be around 300-400. Also my idle temp is pretty high, around 42-43 degrees when it should be around 30.

Othervise my system is cool.

Thats why I wondered if you guys have a new bios update.

I agree the idle core clock should be lower. I haven't heard about this issue yet. It could very well be a vbios issue.
In order to check for the latest vbios for your particular graphics card model I need the first part of the serial number. e.g. 602-V298-023......

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

I agree the idle core clock should be lower. I haven't heard about this issue yet. It could very well be a vbios issue.
In order to check for the latest vbios for your particular graphics card model I need the first part of the serial number. e.g. 602-V298-023......

Serial Number: 602-V298-08SB1311030413

BIOS Version: 80.80.21.00.68 (P2083-0021)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Santrik:

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately we cannot comment on why this decision was made by our graphics cards team.

I only got the following statement:

Citat:

MSI has decided not to commercialize the GXT 780Ti LIGHTNING and thus there will be no samples other than those provided to select extreme overclockers and there will be no opportunity to purchase the card.

Permalänk
Medlem

My GTX 770 wont overclock

i have problem when i tryd to overclock my MSi GEFORCE GTX 770 2gb OC editon. I used MSI afterburner as overclockprogram but when i start it my screen becomes blue so i have to restart my computer, and then i logd in, and at the moment the computer was now working fine but after the clearly windows sound comes up and about 40 sec later the screen become blue again, i try more trimes but the same thing appears everytime. My teori was that the program has a process when the computer starts and that was right. i restart it again and i was trying to be fast in the start so i can uninstall it before the screens will be inpossible to look at, and i did it. Now the computer works fine, and i have remove all files about the program and i try again, reinstallit and open it but same thing happen evergy time. what do i have to do cause i really want to overclock it

Permalänk
Skrivet av TRONDIX:

i have problem when i tryd to overclock my MSi GEFORCE GTX 770 2gb OC editon. I used MSI afterburner as overclockprogram but when i start it my screen becomes blue so i have to restart my computer, and then i logd in, and at the moment the computer was now working fine but after the clearly windows sound comes up and about 40 sec later the screen become blue again, i try more trimes but the same thing appears everytime. My teori was that the program has a process when the computer starts and that was right. i restart it again and i was trying to be fast in the start so i can uninstall it before the screens will be inpossible to look at, and i did it. Now the computer works fine, and i have remove all files about the program and i try again, reinstallit and open it but same thing happen evergy time. what do i have to do cause i really want to overclock it

Did you set afterburner to load the overclock at Windows startup?
If you did please disable this first. (Overclocking cannot be guarranteed)

If you didn't set any overclock at Windows startup it might be software/driver or even hardware.

First make sure you have the latests Nvidia drivers:
http://www.geforce.com/
and the latest Afterburner:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-down...
And then try again.

You can always check in Windows Event Viewer if it shows the cause of the problems in the Windows Logs.
Simply press WindowsKey+R and type: eventvwr
and press ENTER

You can browse through the logs and might be able to find the root cause.

Software troubleshooting can be tricky (many systems have dozens of programs/services installed which can conflict).
It can be useful to disable any startup programs, then you can find what is conflicting with Afterburner.
In Win8: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, go to Taskmanager's Startup TAB.
In Win7:press WinKey+R and type msconfig, goto the statup TAB.
Disable everything and test again.
If you cannot find the cause with eventvwro by disabling statup programs and updating the drivers does not help, you might want to do clean windows installation.
Install only the latest drivers and latest afterburner just to find out if it is a software issue or hardware issue (don't install any programs yet).

If a clean windows also crashes it is probably a hardware issue, if not it's a software/installation issue.

I hope this helps you find the cause.

Permalänk
Medlem

hi i have a problem with my grafic card. i got misscolored stripes/squares then my screen get black. I got misscolored stripes/squares then My screen fors black
. What should i do i have a gtx 670

http://imgur.com/a/UCubO
http://imgur.com/XToub0o

Permalänk
Skrivet av ponta9:

hi i have a problem with my grafic card. i got misscolored stripes/squares then my screen get black. I got misscolored stripes/squares then My screen fors black
. What should i do i have a gtx 670

http://imgur.com/a/UCubO
http://imgur.com/XToub0o

The pictures don't show the problem but if I understand you correctly you are first experiencing artifacts (miscolored stripes and block which shouldn't be there) and then the display goes black.

Does this happen with certain program or games or with all games?
If it runs fine in Windows 2D mode but gives issue in 3D games I think there are three options:
1.) The graphics card is overheating (can easily be measured with a program called GPU-Z).
2.) The power supply unit (PSU) is not powerful enough to supply the graphics card with enough power (you can test this by swapping the PSu with a stronger one)
3.) The graphics card is broken (you can test this by running the graphics card in another system with a powerful PSU).

I hope this helps you find the root cause.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

Unfortunately we cannot comment on why this decision was made by our graphics cards team.

I only got the following statement:

it's very sad that the choice was made. 780TI Lightning could be really insane.

Visa signatur

Deepcool Matrexx 30 & MSI Z87-G43 Gaming!
Intel Inside Core I7 4790K med AMD Radeon R9 290!
Rubbet strömförsörjs av Corsair RM750X!
Hjälp Teamtrees plantera träd på vår jord. https://teamtrees.org/

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

The pictures don't show the problem but if I understand you correctly you are first experiencing artifacts (miscolored stripes and block which shouldn't be there) and then the display goes black.

If it runs fine in Windows 2D mode but gives issue in 3D games I think there are three options:
1.) The graphics card is overheating (can easily be measured with a program called GPU-Z).
2.) The power supply unit (PSU) is not powerful enough to supply the graphics card with enough power (you can test this by swapping the PSu with a stronger one)
3.) The graphics card is broken (you can test this by running the graphics card in another system with a powerful PSU).

Still no answer on my issue? (bios update)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Pusher:

Serial Number: 602-V298-08SB1311030413

BIOS Version: 80.80.21.00.68 (P2083-0021)

Sorry for the late reply (I didn't see you already replied).

The latest vbios I can find for your N780 TF 3GD5/OC graphics card (602-V298-08S) is version 153 (your current version is v152).
You can download the latet version here (it includes the Nvidia flash utility for DOS).

In order to flash the vbios you need to boot to DOS.
1.) The easiest way is to create a DOS bootable USB stick with the tool Rufus (Please select MS-DOS instead of FREEDos)
2.) Extract all files from the above mentioned zip file to the root of the newly created DOS bootable USB stick
3.) Boot from the DOS bootable USB stick and at the command prompt "c:\>" type "nvflash v298n153.rom -4 -5 -6" (without the quotation marks)

Once the Nvidia flash tool has finished, you can reboot and the update is done.

I don't know if this will fix your issue but it's worth a try.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

The latest vbios I can find for your N780 TF 3GD5/OC graphics card (602-V298-08S) is version 153 (your current version is v152).
You can download the latet version here (it includes the Nvidia flash utility for DOS).

1.) The easiest way is to create a DOS bootable USB stick with the tool Rufus (Please select MS-DOS instead of FREEDos)
2.) Extract all files from the above mentioned zip file to the root of the newly created DOS bootable USB stick
3.) Boot from the DOS bootable USB stick and at the command prompt "c:\>" type "nvflash v298n153.rom -4 -5 -6" (without the quotation marks)

Great update!

Core clock went down to 324 and idle temp to 34

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MSI-official:

Welcome to the MSI Graphics Card thread!

Here you can ask questions or discuss any other matters relating to Graphics Cards.

Information and details of our Graphics Cards can be found at our MSI Official Website

Also, more information can be found at our Facebook page

As in the other "Butiker och tillverkare" threads and forums, the idea with our presence here is NOT to replace our traditional customer service or RMA department. For warranty and RMA issues please visit http://register.msi.com/

Skrivet av Ruudt:

Hi! I have a 560ti twin frozr II but 3 blades on one fan are broken. Can you guys send me one new fan or do I have to buy a new cooler???? (Not in warrany and I accidently broke the blades)

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

?????

Permalänk
Skrivet av Repair:

Hi! I have a 560ti twin frozr II but 3 blades on one fan are broken. Can you guys send me one new fan or do I have to buy a new cooler???? (Not in warrany and I accidently broke the blades)

We are checking what we can do for you.
Normally we don't have separate coolers in stock in Europe for replacement, so we are checking what is possible.
If we can get you a replacement cooler I will drop you a Private Message (PM).

Normally if a fan brakes down in warranty the whole graphics card needs to be send in for RMA service and will be repaired in the factory in China, that's why cannot ship any coolers right off the shelf.

In an out-of-warranty situation an after-market vga cooler is always a possibility but it will cost some money.
There are also some creative DIY ideas but usually these are not the prettiest solutions.

P.S.,
Please give us time to find answers to your questions.

P.P.S.,
Please don't quote answers that weren't addressed to you.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

We are checking what we can do for you.
Normally we don't have separate coolers in stock in Europe for replacement, so we are checking what is possible.
If we can get you a replacement cooler I will drop you a Private Message (PM).

Normally if a fan brakes down in warranty the whole graphics card needs to be send in for RMA service and will be repaired in the factory in China, that's why cannot ship any coolers right off the shelf.

In an out-of-warranty situation an after-market vga cooler is always a possibility but it will cost some money.
There are also some creative DIY ideas but usually these are not the prettiest solutions.

P.S.,
Please give us time to find answers to your questions.

P.P.S.,
Please don't quote answers that weren't addressed to you.

Ok sorry. It would be supernice if you could fix it for me! Even if you can't find a similliar fan then you can send me another one with a diffrent port (Or a singel fan) and I can solder it on the cable. Thanks!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

Its not the power and it works sometimes and i played for 2h without anything happend. And i noticed on gpu z that card was maxing all Clock frequncy when i have the problem
Can i get a new card from you

Permalänk
Skrivet av ponta9:

Its not the power and it works sometimes and i played for 2h without anything happend. And i noticed on gpu z that card was maxing all Clock frequncy when i have the problem
Can i get a new card from you

For components (motherboard and graphics cards) we don't offer direct repair/RMA service.
For warranty service you need to contact the shop you bought the graphics card from.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

For components (motherboard and graphics cards) we don't offer direct repair/RMA service.
For warranty service you need to contact the shop you bought the graphics card from.

But its 3 years warrenty in Sweden (law) google translate this http://www.konsumentverket.se/Lagar--regler/Din-ratt-som-kons...

Permalänk
Skrivet av ponta9:

But its 3 years warrenty in Sweden (law) google translate this http://www.konsumentverket.se/Lagar--regler/Din-ratt-som-kons...

I am not an expert in consumer law and definitely not in Sweden but if I understood the Google translation of your article you should complain to the "Seller".

That is the same as what I was saying.
Please contact the shop who sold you the graphics card, they are responsible for warranty service.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av ponta9:

No there's not. Reklamation is not the same as warranty. There is no law (in Sweden) that forces manufacturers and/or resellers to offer any kind of warranty.

Links in Swedish
http://www.konsumentverket.se/Lagar--regler/Din-ratt-som-kons...
http://www.konsumentverket.se/mobil/Din-ratt-som-konsument/Ga...

Rough translation of the relevant parts.

"Det är alltid frivilligt för säljaren att lämna garanti."
It is always voluntary for the seller to offer warranty.

"Det finns ingen lag som ger dig rätt till garanti, utan det är upp till säljarna om de vill erbjuda det eller inte."
There is no law which guarantees your right to a warranty, it is up to the sellers if they want to offer it or not.

Visa signatur

Dator 1 | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4,6Ghz | Corsair H100i | Asus Z87-A | Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 | KFA2 GTX 980TI HOF | Corsair TX650W | Intel 335 240GB | LG 24" + Philips 27" + Philips 27" | Fractal Design R3 |
Dator 2 | Intel Xeon W3520 | TRUE Spirit 120M | Asus Rampage II Extreme | Patriot Viper II Sector7 3x2GB 1600Mhz CL8 | PNY 8800 Ultra | Intel 330 120GB |

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

I am not an expert in consumer law and definitely not in Sweden but if I understood the Google translation of your article you should complain to the "Seller".

That is the same as what I was saying.
Please contact the shop who sold you the graphics card, they are responsible for warranty service.

Ok sry

Permalänk
Medlem

My friend accidentally broke one of the fan-fins on his MSI gtx 770 gaming graphics card.
And he is now wondering weather he can get a hold of a new fanblade or fan and replace it himself?

Visa signatur

Corsair 750D | i5 4670k | ASUS Z87-a | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Asus GTX770-DC2OC | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | WD 500GB X2

Permalänk
Skrivet av Repair:

Ok sorry. It would be supernice if you could fix it for me! Even if you can't find a similliar fan then you can send me another one with a diffrent port (Or a singel fan) and I can solder it on the cable. Thanks!

Skrivet av reflect:

My friend accidentally broke one of the fan-fins on his MSI gtx 770 gaming graphics card.
And he is now wondering weather he can get a hold of a new fanblade or fan and replace it himself?

We have checked with our factory and RMA department in China and I am sorry to inform you but atm it's not possible to supply fans for out of warranty service.

There are some suppliers that offer replacement fans but those are not affiliated with MSI, so we cannot guarantee their quality.
You could search here and here to see if they offer a model that is suitable for you graphics card.
I hope this helps.

P.S.,
For warranty cases, you will need to return the whole graphics card to the shop (returning just the fan isn't enough).

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

We have checked with our factory and RMA department in China and I am sorry to inform you but atm it's not possible to supply fans for out of warranty service.

There are some suppliers that offer replacement fans but those are not affiliated with MSI, so we cannot guarantee their quality.
You could search here and here to see if they offer a model that is suitable for you graphics card.
I hope this helps.

P.S.,
For warranty cases, you will need to return the whole graphics card to the shop (returning just the fan isn't enough).

Alright. Thank you for your time and help.

Visa signatur

Corsair 750D | i5 4670k | ASUS Z87-a | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Asus GTX770-DC2OC | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | WD 500GB X2

Permalänk
Medlem

Is it possible for me to be able to get my hands on a Twin Frozr cooler somehow? I'm running reference cooling on my R9 290 and I really want a aftermarket one. Is it possible to just buy the cooler from you guys without an actual card?

Visa signatur

Dator: CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k @4.3GHz | Kylare: Noctua NH-L12 | Moderkort: Gigabyte Z370n WiFi | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz | Chassi: Louqe Ghost S1 | Lagring: SAMSUNG 960 Evo m.2 512GB | PSU: Corsair sf600