Disney köper Lucasfilm – ny Star Wars: Episode 7 släpps 2015

Permalänk
Medlem

...och skriver samtidigt i sitt pressmeddelande att de satsar på att Episod 7 ska ha premiär 2015.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/20...

Visa signatur

Fuck fruit! Sitting around being all smug on trees and in pies.
En vänlig liten puff blev en hatisk knuff.
Keso är köttfärs gjord på mumintroll.

Permalänk
Medlem

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121030006384/en/Disne...

Kan detta vara sant? Hur mycket djupare kan Star wars franchisen sjunka?

--------

ADDING MULTIMEDIA Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Global leader in high-quality family entertainment agrees to acquire world-renowned Lucasfilm Ltd, including legendary STAR WARS franchise.

Acquisition continues Disney’s strategic focus on creating and monetizing the world’s best branded content, innovative technology and global growth to drive long-term shareholder value.

Lucasfilm to join company’s global portfolio of world class brands including Disney, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel and ABC.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

BURBANK, Calif. & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

“Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas”

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

“Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. “This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney’s unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value.”

“For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next,” said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. “It’s now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I’ve always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I’m confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney’s reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products.”

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and “evergreen” Star Wars franchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney’s global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

The acquisition combines two highly compatible family entertainment brands, and strengthens the long-standing beneficial relationship between them that already includes successful integration of Star Wars content into Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo.

Driven by a tremendously talented creative team, Lucasfilm’s legendary Star Wars franchise has flourished for more than 35 years, and offers a virtually limitless universe of characters and stories to drive continued feature film releases and franchise growth over the long term. Star Wars resonates with consumers around the world and creates extensive opportunities for Disney to deliver the content across its diverse portfolio of businesses including movies, television, consumer products, games and theme parks. Star Wars feature films have earned a total of $4.4 billion in global box to date, and continued global demand has made Star Wars one of the world’s top product brands, and Lucasfilm a leading product licensor in the United States in 2011. The franchise provides a sustainable source of high quality, branded content with global appeal and is well suited for new business models including digital platforms, putting the acquisition in strong alignment with Disney’s strategic priorities for continued long-term growth.

The Lucasfilm acquisition follows Disney’s very successful acquisitions of Pixar and Marvel, which demonstrated the company’s unique ability to fully develop and expand the financial potential of high quality creative content with compelling characters and storytelling through the application of innovative technology and multiplatform distribution on a truly global basis to create maximum value. Adding Lucasfilm to Disney’s portfolio of world class brands significantly enhances the company’s ability to serve consumers with a broad variety of the world’s highest-quality content and to create additional long-term value for our shareholders.

The Boards of Directors of Disney and Lucasfilm have approved the transaction, which is subject to clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, certain non-United States merger control regulations, and other customary closing conditions. The agreement has been approved by the sole shareholder of Lucasfilm.

Note: Additional information and comments from Robert A. Iger, chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company, and Jay Rasulo, senior executive vice president and CFO, The Walt Disney Company, regarding Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm, are attached.

Tog mig friheten att uppdatera inlägget med mer info /moderator

Visa signatur

För övrigt anser jag att Capitán General borde visa bilder på sina pellets...
Skippy R.I.P. 17/7 2006

Permalänk
Medlem

Hur kan dom?!

Visa signatur

#framtiden

Permalänk
Medlem

Inb4 Star Wars 7,8,9

Visa signatur

Dator: Processor: Intel i7 2600k CPU Kylare:Antec kühler h2o 620 Grafikkort: Asus GTX 970 Strix, Mobo: Asus P8P67-LE SSD Intel 520 120GB HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB, RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHz, Chassi: Fractal Design Core 3000, PSU: Corsair PowerSupply 700W Gaming series 80 Plus
Skärm: Dell U2312HM Mobil Nexus 5x

Permalänk

Det luktar surmjölk, if you know what I mean

Visa signatur

Apple Mac Mini

Permalänk
Geeks
SweClockers

*Trådar sammanfogade*

Visa signatur

» Kontakta oss » SweClockers på Facebook » SweClockers på Youtube » Blips of SweClockers (Spotify)
» Pappa till Moderskeppet » SweClockers chefredaktör 2007–2015

Permalänk
Medlem

som inbiten sw-geek får man väl hoppas på att dom kanske kan göra något av canon världen som finns i all de böckerna som gjorts.

allt kanske inte är dåligt. *hoppas*

Permalänk
Medlem

Brace yourself, nerd rage is coming.
Som in i helvete, det ska ni veta!

Visa signatur

Tänker inte skryta om alla mina prylar, så det får bli att framföra faktan att jag lagar godare köttbullar än dig.

Permalänk
Medlem

Alltså vad i helvete.....

Visa signatur

What evah! i'll do what i want! | Det stavas väl inte väll...såvida du inte ska skriva välling.
"Det var väl bra"

Permalänk
Medlem

I have a bad feeling about this.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Nivlo:

Inb4 Star Wars 7,8,9

Dom har redan gått ut med att dom kommer göra en till triologi. Och inte bara det, fler filmer därefter...

Visa signatur

#framtiden

Permalänk

Inte för att Basha på Disney, hoppas bara för allt i världen att det blir bra, att de inte fuckar upp..

Visa signatur

Palit RTX 3060 Ti | Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650M DS3H | 32GB Vengeance 5600 MHz CL36

Permalänk
Medlem

"NEEEEEEEEEEEJ" - Magnus Betnér

Permalänk
Medlem

Disney...? tecknat då eller...?

Visa signatur

[I]YouTube.Com/WalkthroughHeroes[/I]

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag kommer att bojkotta den nya star wars filmen, fan disney som gör action? PASS!!!!

Gjorde dom inte den där skitfilmen som utspelar sig på mars också? ursch fy fan

Visa signatur

Xbox live: Fisk nacke
System: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4gb - Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz - 8gb RAM - 1.8 TB HDD - 75gb SSD - Razer arctosa - Qpad mus - Asus 24" LED VG248QE - Samsung Syncmaster S22B370

Permalänk
Medlem

WTF! Jag är oerhört tveksam till detta, de lär pumpa ut en trilogi med ett års mellanrum. Visst, nya starwars filmer vore underbart, men jag är inte säker på att de kommer vara trogna till Starwars. Men vi får se, min första reaktion var panik och rädsla för att något speciellt ska bli förstört. Men kanske kan det bli bra, kanske, kanske... Hoppas.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av zeddiz:

Jag kommer att bojkotta den nya star wars filmen, fan disney som gör action? PASS!!!!

Gjorde dom inte den där skitfilmen som utspelar sig på mars också? ursch fy fan

De har även "gjort" Hela Pirates trilogin.. eller är det 4 nu?

Visa signatur

What evah! i'll do what i want! | Det stavas väl inte väll...såvida du inte ska skriva välling.
"Det var väl bra"

Permalänk
Medlem

No wayyyyy
Sitter med blandade åsikter om detta. Mestadelss negativa dock

Visa signatur

Intel 3570K + CM 212 EVO - Corsair 16GB - Asus GTX 660Ti OC - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H - Sandisk 240GB -
WD Green 7,5TB - E9 580W - Antec P182 - Acer XF240H

Permalänk
Avstängd

Wait, what?

Vem fick den snilleblixten!?

Visa signatur

R7 3700X | X570 Aorus Master | 32GB | EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 | Noctua NH-D15S | FD Meshify C Copper
R7 1700 | X370 Gaming-ITX | 16GB | RX Vega 64 LE | Noctua U12S | Node 304
2 x HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen 8 | 1265L V2 | 16GB | 20TB

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag är extremt kluven. Har känt länge att Lucas bara borde låta bli, bort med fingrarna. Han kan uppenbarligen inte sitt eget franchise. Låt Star Wars vila i frid och folk som jag kan ignorera episod 1-3 (dom släpptes aldrig, eller?).

Det här kan vara dörren till ett ännu större mer omfattande urvattnande och pengamjölkande av rymdäventyr och barnaminnen. Men det kan också vara någon form av räddning, kanske? Om det nödvändigtvis måste göras mer, vilket det väl måste (suck), så är jag faktiskt glad att Lucas själv inte är direkt inblandad. Den kreativa processen som låg bakom episod 4-6 innehåller så många fler inflytelserika namn än mannen själv. Tvärtom var det nästan med 1-3, och ja, jag har väl sagt mitt om dessa filmer.

Sen så räddades ju faktiskt Marvel också av Disney, och Pixar gör mig sällan besviken. Så jag vet faktiskt inte. Chockerad är jag dock, det här är wow-faktor på hög nivå.

Permalänk

Lär ju vara samma snubbar på lucasfilm som är inblandade dock.

Beror ju förvisso på hur hårda Disney är också.

Visa signatur

7800X3D / 7900XTX

R.I.P PALE

Permalänk

Det kommer inte vara en Action film, dom kommer ju göras så de är 7års gräns på bio för att maximera intäkterna! Min grabb (4år) skulle definitivt tjata till sig en bio på en svenskdubbad episod 7 med 7års gräns!

Visa signatur

ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 | 2500K @ 3.3GHz | ASUS Radeon 7950 DCII Top | Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600MHz |Intel 330 180GB| Crucial m4 64GB | WD Blue 750GB | Thermaltake Thoughpower 750 W

Permalänk
Medlem

Kom direkt att tänka på den här xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Permalänk
Medlem

Inb4 Luke Skywalker och Buzz Lightyear gör upp i en duell om vem som får gå ut med Mimmi Mus.

Permalänk
Medlem

Sad day, this is.

Älskar Star Wars, blir ledsen att dem förmodligen kommer pumpa ut massa skit som smutsar ner ryktet och bilden utav Star Wars.

Permalänk

ångrar du tatueringen än jonas?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Medlem

Skulle annars passat utmärkt som aprilskämt!

Permalänk
Medlem
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av WiJo:

Ko direkt att tänka på den här xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Känns som att den här kanske kommer vara aktuell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=fLrpBLDWyCI

Disney äger Marvel, nu köper de Lucas Arts och rättigheterna till Starwars... Hmm...

Permalänk

Passar in jävligt bra här: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Visa signatur

Intel.