MJ Multimedia DisplayPort kabel bait-and-switch med generisk? (engelska)

Permalänk
Medlem

MJ Multimedia DisplayPort kabel bait-and-switch med generisk? (engelska)

Hey,
So I wanted to share an experience I had with MJ Multimedia. I want to make sure I am not in the wrong here.

Several days ago, I ordered a Belkin DisplayPort cable. When I received it, it was without packaging, just two twisty ties in a bubble envelope. The cable had no branding and was even missing the DisplayPort logo. When I confronted Markus (Owner) about this he said he doesn't sell fake products and that I purchased a fyndvara product from him. Neither of this is true. The listing was from Prisjakt at 51% off (kampanj) I know the difference when an item is being sold as used. (Even if it was used, it is not what I ordered)

Attached is a picture of the cable he sent. I overlayed the actual cable based on the EAN of the actual listing.
Here is the original listing from MJ Multimedia: http://www.mjmultimedia.se/belkin-67 (full price)
This is the discount of the same item: http://www.mjmultimedia.se/belkin-370 (51% off) It's listed as a bargain, but any sale is a bargain right?

The EAN he has listed for both is:
EAN: 722868664001
Art Nr: F2CD000B06-E
That art nr is this product exactly: http://belkinbusiness.com/products/f2cd000b06-e-18m-display-port-malemale

I placed an RMA for a full refund. He said that I can of course get my money back if I mail the cable back. The thing is, he wants me to pay for return shipping on a misrepresented product (Not regret purchase). When I asked him to send me a PDF returfrakt etikket. He went email silent and has not responded to my emails since (3 days now).

The cost to ship the cable back is 28kr (1:a klass 250g) and the frakt I paid to have it was 60kr (steep for a cable, but at 50% off felt it worth it). It is likely he only wants to refund the cost of the actual product. That will leave me out 88kr in frakt charges for a 159kr cable. That cable he sent is only worth maybe 39kr +frifrakt from ebay alibaba Shenzhen!

Original email from Markus:

Citat:

"We never sell other than original equipment and this is absolutely no ”copy” or anything. The reasen why it was on sale is that it is a customer return (within a couple of days after purchase) and plastic bag was opened, original price for the cable is 335 kr instead of 159 kr that you paid for it (http://www.mjmultimedia.se/belkin-67). Before we resell returned products we ajust the price and label them and of course check that they are in ”new condition” before we put them in ”Fyndhörnan”

Did I misread the listing to think I was buying a customer return item? and if so, are my eyes deceiving me that the product he sent is in fact the very product that is listed in the picture?

The cable is branded "Copartner" This company I believe is China's largest cable producer, they primarily produce the cable portion for OEM products (T. ex. Dell, Deltaco, etc) I don't know if this company also terminated the connectors, but I can't find any other markings to prove that is a Genuine Belkin.

According to DisplayPort:

Citat:

All products in the database bearing the DisplayPort logo have been tested against strict guidelines to ensure they will work as advertised. Only products that undergo testing are permitted to carry the DP logo.

No DisplayPort logo on cable sent to me by MJ Multimedia. This means cable has not been tested or certified.

Since he won't respond to emails, give me a returfrakt etikket (3 demands), or give confirmation that he will in fact refund me in full (including original shipping charge) I don't know what to do besides leave a review here and give ratings. Beyond this, 200kr is not worth having anxiety over. I'm motivated enough to prevent others from being baited and switched.

I understand Swedish so feel free to write in this kingdom's mother tongue. It was easier for me to rant in English for such an emotional post.

Permalänk
Medlem

Om du utnyttjar ångerrätten så skall du enligt lag få tillbaks summan du betalat, dvs inklusive frakten från säljaren till dig. Du behöver alltså endast betala returfrakten.

Stämmer varan inte överens med vad som avtalats, eller med vad man kan förvänta sig av en vara av aktuell typ, så är den behäftad med ett konsumenträttsligt fel. Säljaren skall då åtgärda felet, dvs reparera eller omleverera, om du så kräver. Om köpet istället hävs har du rätt till skadestånd motsvarande eventuell merkostnad för att köpa den vara du beställt, alternativt en likvärdig, (s k täckningsköp) hos en annan säljare.

Visa signatur

Laptop: Dell Latitude E7270 | 12,5" FHD IPS | i5-6300U | 16GB RAM | 500GB SSD
Laptop: MacBook Air 13"
NUC: Intel i5-4250U | 8GB RAM | 250GB SSD

Permalänk

Det ser onekligen ut som om han skickat dig en billig piratkopia. Det ser jag som bedrägeri.

Visa signatur

GAMINGRIGG: I7 6700K@4,4Ghz. 32GB DDR4. EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 ACX.
SERVER: Core I5 3500K 6x 2Tb WD Caviar Green.
NAS: DS1813+ 5x 4TB Wd Red.
HTPC/VR: i5-7500. 8GB DDR4. EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX.

Permalänk
Medlem

Kontakta Belkin för att se om det är en originalkabel, om det inte är det kommer de säkert att ta ett snack med återförsäljaren.

EDIT: Sidan verkar även vara nere

Permalänk
Medlem

@TWK: Good idea. I have contacted Belkin counterfeit department to see what they say. MJ Multimedia still has not responded to any emails or willing to cover return shipping. The site is back up again. It had DNS issues for a while yesterday.

@PeCe: Thanks. I understand. The product he sent me is not the same item that was advertised. Therefore I am not responsible for return shipping. He seems to be violating that rule.

Permalänk
Medlem

Cable is Genuine. Not the same part number.

I received a response from Belkin. This cable is in fact genuine.

However it did not match the part number E-F2CD000B06. This is part of their bulk business series, not consumer direct version. That is why there is no branding or DisplayPort logo. It's not certified since business computers don't need the type of bandwidth a normal consumer might use; such as normal office use. (not ultrawide pro gaming)

In conclusion:
It is genuine, it is not the same part number as in the listing, I still received a used item when not advertised as such, customer service still sucks, I returned the cable ultimately.

Permalänk

Kollade igenom lite gamla trådar och hittade den här.

Tydligen har värdet på piratkabeln gått upp eftersom den nu kostar 339kr. ;-}

http://www.mjmultimedia.se/belkin-67