Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Echelon

Echelon is a project built on commission to promote the Evolv ATX Tempered Glass. This project was a labour of love and hate, with this project taking more than 6 months to complete. This is primarily because I could not decide what to do with this chassis since it is already so beautiful and well thought out. It took roughly 3 months of planning and playing with configurations when I finally decided for what layout and style I wished to have.

I ended up flipping the entire motherboard 90degrees so that the connectors are up top. This opens up the back panel to have a large window so that the insides can be properly shown off, and that more light comes into the chassis giving the feeling of space. To achieve this orientation, I had to cut out most of the original internal steel structure, and fabricate my own supportive structure from a single piece of aluminium bent three times. This single aluminium piece gives an extremely clean look, and also great structural strength to help support this new layout.

The water cooling loop is unique and very clean. This is with help from the EKWB Predator AIO which has been modified to support CPU and GPU, as well as hard tubing.

Custom aluminium panels are installed all around the chassis, and serves both purposes of looking great and support strength to key structural points.

This album will be updated with the system turned on once the PSU comes back from RMA.

Specifications:
Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
Intel Core i7 6700k
ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Formula
ASUS GTX980 Ti Strix 6GB
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2
Seasonic Platinum 1200w
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3000mhz
EK Waterblocks custom water loop
CableMod custom PSU cables

Performed Mods:
Fabricated entire new internal structure
Flipped motherboard and GPU 90°
Created window from the back panel
Made new aluminium panels for added chassis stability

Sponsores:
Phanteks
Inet
Samsung

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare

Perfection! Love the colours, area behind the motherboard is super clean too. Well done.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Laine:

Perfection! Love the colours, area behind the motherboard is super clean too. Well done.

Oh wow, thank you for the awesome comment Master!!

Permalänk
Medlem

As always absolutely flawless! 5/5!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av jensen.:

As always absolutely flawless! 5/5!

Thank you Jensen! <3

Permalänk

Very Cool! How do you access the motherboard connectors in their new position?

Permalänk
Medlem

Well done Justin, this build just screams perfection.
Love it

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Sandstome:

Was just wondering the very same thing. Anyhow an amazing job, well done Justin!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Sandstome:

Skrivet av August L:

Well done Justin, this build just screams perfection.
Love it

Skrivet av itzy53:

Was just wondering the very same thing. Anyhow an amazing job, well done Justin!

Thank you so much everyone!! Accessing the top IO is very simple. The top panel is help in place with 4 screws and 4 press-click plastic tabs. If the screws are not used, the top panel just pops off very easily.

Not visible in these photos though is the small hole that I made in the plastic at the back on the top panel for cable routing. This small cut I made after these photos were taken.

Permalänk
Medlem

How did you mount the GPU in the top like that?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Surpuppa:

How did you mount the GPU in the top like that?

I have a custom bracket which screws into the PCIE brackets area. This GPU screws into this custom bracket. For stability so that the GPU doesn't flap around, I made a small aluminium bracket which is stuck on with double sided tape to the back of the GPU and the chassis.

Permalänk
Medlem
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av bmawn:

Amazing build as expected Justin!

Haha, thank you so much sir!!

Permalänk
Medlem

@MetallicAcid: Really nice build!! What color is that sleeve? Or what does cabelmode call it?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Zwipe2:

@MetallicAcid: Really nice build!! What color is that sleeve? Or what does cabelmode call it?

Thanks mate!!

The sleeving is from CableMod, and the colour (or tone) is gray

Permalänk
Medlem
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Tuben:

Thanks!