Blu-ray på väg att bli mainstream

Permalänk
Medlem

En stor nackdel med Blu-ray i mina ögon är att det först med den senaste uppdateringen profile 2.0 som formatet kom nära den online funktionalitet som HD-DVD hade från början. Givetvis betyder det att många som köpte tidiga Blu-ray spelare inte har möjlighet att få tillgång till dessa funtioner då det saknas firmware uppdateringar.

Nedan ett utdrag från en mycket läsbar artikel på theinquirer.

"The format has three problems, DRM infections, BD-J and greed. The greed part is obvious, Sony won the format war and are trying to charge people between 50 and 100% more for a product with marginally better quality. Sure, it looks better, and the 0.07% of people with 7.1 channel audio setups will be overjoyed, but for the rest, it is a small step at best over an upconverting DVD.

Are you going to buy the DVD version for $16.99 on new release sale or $29.99 for the BD? It doesn't take a genius to realize that the next iteration of Hollywood Formula #7 with Big Stars #3 and #8 isn't worth it. The movie studios have yet to convince me that The Water Horse is worth spending my money on at all, much less at twice the price for DRM'd HD versions.

That brings us to the next down side, there is no up, DRM. Every Blu-ray disc is DRM infected even if the producer doesn't want it to be, in order to get a company to manufacture it, it must be infected. Sony gets an infection kickback fee as well, so don't think it is purely for protection unless you mean it in the -racket sense."

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/05/03/blu-ra...

Visa signatur

/havoc