Permalänk
Medlem

Love your build and congratulations to the place on build of the week on LinusTechTips

Permalänk
Permalänk
Medlem

Fantastic build! Atttention to detail is amazing, I am in awe. Have been following this case for quite a while now, and you are the reason i bought my TJ08-E.

A couple of questions, how come the rear fan is set to suck air into the case? I assume the front radiator fan is also sucking air into the case since it has the front dust filter there. Wouldn't it be a little better to have that rear fan blow out all the hot radiator air or do you rely on static overpressure?

Another question, the phobya radiator in the front, is it the 180 mm or the 200 mm? If it is the 200 mm, did you have to mod the case to be able to fit it?

Permalänk
Medlem

A very good looking build! I really dig the Thron vibes from it!

Visa signatur

| MSI P55-GD65 | | Intel i5 750 @ 3Ghz | | 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz CL9 | | XFX Radeon 7970 Black Edition @ 1Ghz |
| Corsair 620W | | Antec P182 GunMetal |

Permalänk

How thick is this aluminum? what tools did you brush it with?
And what kind of laser cutter did you use to engrave it?

Visa signatur

citera för svar
Glassbilen spelar bara när det är helt slut på glass

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av PsyCor:

Fantastic build! Atttention to detail is amazing, I am in awe. Have been following this case for quite a while now, and you are the reason i bought my TJ08-E.

A couple of questions, how come the rear fan is set to suck air into the case? I assume the front radiator fan is also sucking air into the case since it has the front dust filter there. Wouldn't it be a little better to have that rear fan blow out all the hot radiator air or do you rely on static overpressure?

Another question, the phobya radiator in the front, is it the 180 mm or the 200 mm? If it is the 200 mm, did you have to mod the case to be able to fit it?

Hey mate! happy to hear that you bought the TJ08-E because of my modding

The rear fan is set to intake to provide colder fresh air for the GTX780 GPU. Testing revealed better temps by 5c. The rad is a Phobya 200mm rad, and no modding was required to fit it inside the case. You do need to buy shorter screws with the same thread (M3) to attach it to the fan, then you can install the fan onto the case with the supplied case screws.

I hope this info helps

Skrivet av Cadiper:

A very good looking build! I really dig the Thron vibes from it!

Cheers Cad!

Skrivet av jompenleet:

How thick is this aluminum? what tools did you brush it with?
And what kind of laser cutter did you use to engrave it?

The aluminium is 2mm thick. I used 240grit sandpaper to brush the alu, and everything was cut by hand No laser/water cutting here!

Thanks for showing interest in the build guys!
MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Löjligt snyggt!

Visa signatur

Mina projekt: Simple | Drömlabb

Permalänk

That thing you made of the TJ08-E is fantastic and I would love to see a unit this pretty mass produced. Also it would be amazing to see what you could do with the outside of the case.
It's like a spaceship inside...

Visa signatur

| Chassi: Nått vitt mög med glas och snurrande grejer -|- CPU: Snabb -|- Moderkort: Vit, många lampor -|- GPU: Långsam -|- Ram: Många -|- Skärm: LG 34" - Gsync" |

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice build!

Tip:

I bumped into acrylic tubing by luck today (maybe!) over at Frozencpu, after that I had discovered yer post. Apparently Primochill sells them under their brand now. You just need a heat gun, lil' help from a silicon insert (so the tube won't collapse or get flat spots when you bend it), maybe some kind of fixture and fantasty - voilà magic.

Probably easier said than done.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g30/c633/list/p1/Liquid_Cooli...
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20691/ex-tub-1905/PrimoChil...

Not that I would replace all the regular tubing for it. But I could or would use it between the pump and the radiator at the top of my case, to get a much nicer and cleaner look on that very long stretch.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Rasmusdator123:

Löjligt snyggt!

Cheers!

Skrivet av MagicWizard:

That thing you made of the TJ08-E is fantastic and I would love to see a unit this pretty mass produced. Also it would be amazing to see what you could do with the outside of the case.
It's like a spaceship inside...

I would love to mod the outside as well, but I don't think I have so much time because of my 2month old daughter deserving my attention. But that said, I do have some plans to "upgrade" the outside of the case when I have some more free time

Skrivet av GooGeL:

Nice build!

Tip:

I bumped into acrylic tubing by luck today (maybe!) over at Frozencpu, after that I had discovered yer post. Apparently Primochill sells them under their brand now. You just need a heat gun, lil' help from a silicon insert (so the tube won't collapse or get flat spots when you bend it), maybe some kind of fixture and fantasty - voilà magic.

Probably easier said than done.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g30/c633/list/p1/Liquid_Cooli...
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20691/ex-tub-1905/PrimoChil...

Not that I would replace all the regular tubing for it. But I could or would use it between the pump and the radiator at the top of my case, to get a much nicer and cleaner look on that very long stretch.

Primochill had announced their rigid tubing products when I started my WC upgrade. But their products are basically the same as what I have used.

Thanks for the support, and checking out my build log guys
MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Wow!

Visa signatur

Moderkort: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming CPU: i7 4770k Grafikkort: ASUS GTX 780 DCU II - (knäpptyst, supersvalt) RAM: 16GB VENGEANCE PRO 1600Mhz SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB Nätaggregat: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum

Permalänk
Sötast

Beautiful!

Permalänk
Medlem

Do you think it would be possible to run doubble graphicscards on thiis watercooling?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

There are people who have run an SLI config in the TJ08-E, but they needed an additional 120mm rad to cover the heat released. Even then, the owner couldn't have an extreme overclock on the cards without creating to much heat.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

ERMAGERD.. Mums :3 Awesome, just.. Awesome. Thanks for sharing this amazing artwork. I'm already in love with the tj08-e, but now I think I have found my soulmate. Thanks again, MetallicAcid. You sir, just made my day!

Cheers! // Yell.

Visa signatur

"If you don't controll your mind, someone else will."
- John Allston

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Skrotnisse92:

Do you think it would be possible to run doubble graphicscards on thiis watercooling?

I just sold my crossfire rig in tj-08e. 2x 6970 and a 2500k.

I had a 200m radiator in the front and a 120 in the back with push'n'pull.

The 6970s had about stock clock and the 2500k was running at 4.5 ghz.

The temps was about 45-50 while gaming. Tried prime95 and the processor went up to about 65 but the other parts was the same.

Visa signatur

| 4000D Airflow | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Ryzen 5600X | 32gb DDR4 | 1x 1TB Kingston NVMe | GeForce GTX 1080TI | Corsair RM1000x | 34" Xiaomi Mi Monitor | CM Storm Quickfire TK Brown | Logitech G602 | HyperX Cloud II |

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av YellowSnOw:

ERMAGERD.. Mums :3 Awesome, just.. Awesome. Thanks for sharing this amazing artwork. I'm already in love with the tj08-e, but now I think I have found my soulmate. Thanks again, MetallicAcid. You sir, just made my day!

Cheers! // Yell.

Thank you Snow. I am proud to have made your day mate!

Skrivet av dulingen:

I just sold my crossfire rig in tj-08e. 2x 6970 and a 2500k.

I had a 200m radiator in the front and a 120 in the back with push'n'pull.

The 6970s had about stock clock and the 2500k was running at 4.5 ghz.

The temps was about 45-50 while gaming. Tried prime95 and the processor went up to about 65 but the other parts was the same.

Good temps considering the rad space I am still considering putting the GPU under water if I can find the money.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Very nice build. Can I just ask what kind of led strips are those you are using?

Visa signatur

Core i7 4790K @ Stock, 1.26V, Asus Z97 Deluxe (4x4GB) 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3, 2 x Evga GeForce 980GTX Superclocked 4GB ram SLI, Corsair AX1200 PSU, 1 x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, En hög med hårddiskar, och Windows 8.1.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Arioch2004:

Very nice build. Can I just ask what kind of led strips are those you are using?

Thanks mate! The LED's are just bought from Kjell.com. Here is a link to the product:
http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/el/belysning/lampor-ljuskallor...

They suited my needs perfectly, and I still have a meter left over if I decide to have more lighting. I would also recommend buying some Akasa 4pin extensions to connect out the LED strips if you are planning to do panels like I have. You just cut the cable in half, and solder the wires onto the solder points located on the LED strips. This will make your life much easier if you have to take out or upgrade components/chassi, as you can quickly connect and disconnect each panel from each other. I have one of these for my GPU backplate, and it made my life much easier when installing the GPU into the TJ08-E, and when I eventually have to pull out the GPU when it is time to upgrade.

I hope this information helps!!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Thank you. I will order some of those strips.

Visa signatur

Core i7 4790K @ Stock, 1.26V, Asus Z97 Deluxe (4x4GB) 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3, 2 x Evga GeForce 980GTX Superclocked 4GB ram SLI, Corsair AX1200 PSU, 1 x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, En hög med hårddiskar, och Windows 8.1.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Arioch2004:

Skrivet av Arioch2004:

Thank you. I will order some of those strips.

No problem Arioch!

So, I have a question for everybody!

I have created an account techpowerup.com, and have created a gallery for this build log. I wanted to see what everybody thinks this computer deserves out of a score of 10... So if you have an account, please throw me a vote

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/3685.html

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Completely insane build! 11/10

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Xilliton:

Completely insane build! 11/10

Thank you Xilliton! Your comment means a lot to me!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Otroligt snyggt, samt att du behåller utsidan på TJ08-E för det är redan så stilrent det kan bli

+5!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Thank you man!! I am very pleased that you like it!!

I really adore the looks of the TJ08-E, and did not want to do the case injustice by defouling it!

Thanks for the vote, have a good night!
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey guys!!

I just wanted to say that I have created a Facebook fan page called MetallicAcid Customs, as well as joined instagram with the #metallicacidcustoms hashtag. I will be posting progress on current my projects, other projects which inspire me, in depth WIP shots, and links to "How-To" guides so you can achieve similar or better results that I achieve working onmy kitchen table

Hopefully see you there!

Best regards,
Justin Ohlsen / MetallicAcid

Facebook: www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustoms
Instagram: #metallicacidcustoms

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey everybody!

I have shamelessly entered my TJ08 ROG V rig into another competition at Minimalistic PC's, and hope for your support After you have checked out all the great PC's there, and still think that my work is worthy of your vote, then you will know what to do

Either way, thank you for your support, and see you at the next project!

http://www.minimalisticpc.com/contests/entries/tj08b-e-rog-v/

Best regards,
Justin / MetallicAcid
www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustoms
#metallicacidcustoms

Permalänk

I saw this on Linus Tech Tips live stream, The WAN show and just got a heartattack

Visa signatur

mobbo: gigabyte 990fx ud3 cpu: amd atlon ll x4 965BE @ 3,4 Gh gpu: msi 560ti psu : cooler master 650W
hdd1: 80GB 2,5 tum hdd2: 500GB wd black chassie: FD r3 os: windows 7

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av lill-pumba:

I saw this on Linus Tech Tips live stream, The WAN show and just got a heartattack

Hey man! Thanks a lot! I was surprised to see it on the WAN show too!! Are they still doing BOTM there?

Best regards,
Justin / MetallicAcid
www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs
#metallicacidcustoms

Permalänk

Looks great!

Visa signatur

ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE mATX | i7 2600k | Sapphire Radeon R9 290X TRI-X| H100i | Smasung SSD EVO 250gb |