Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey everyone,

So I went ahead and made a short video of the Re(de)fine while WIP. Please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOJenw-6B0&feature=youtu.be

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hey everyone,

So I went ahead and made a short video of the Re(de)fine while WIP. Please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOJenw-6B0&feature=youtu.be

Kind regards,
Justin

Justin i love your builds Can i expect to see you at dreamhack summer ? Talk with tvelander and he will decide where all swec people will sit.

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thank you sir! Deus Ex wakes alot of fond childhood memories.. You must link me your project!

It is a little late for prep work, but IF it really bugs me I can always just replace the leather on that panel

Kind regards,
Justin

Hehe, when I got all the stuff I need to start I will link you the log.
But right now its in the planing stage and saving up money stage.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av trisse23:

Justin i love your builds Can i expect to see you at dreamhack summer ? Talk with tvelander and he will decide where all swec people will sit.

I know you do Unfortunately I don't have time to LAN with my family and job. I wouldn't be so popular with the wife if I was go away to spend money and play games and socialize while she cooks and cleans, looking after our daughter If I can have one of my builds on display at any of the product/company booths then I can come down for a night or two and socialize, talk about the project and network etc.

So I might be coming

Skrivet av Arazand:

Hehe, when I got all the stuff I need to start I will link you the log.
But right now its in the planing stage and saving up money stage.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.5
Custom paintjob for PSU
Continuation of custom leather panels

Hello and welcome again everybody!

I have a small update as I have had a few questions regarding which PSU I have used in this project. Well I am here to tell!

The PSU is a Corsair RM850w, painted with paint which is used for painting cars with the bran Multona, bought from Mekonomen online for instore. I used superwhite with colourc ode #0009, and finished off with 2 layers clear coat. This paint is durable, and looks great all glossy.

The inside of the case, and all outside panels are repainted with the same coloured paint, as I am a perfectionist.

I would like to apologize for the lack of images of the PSU itself... I had very limited time to get the project finished before DH, so documenting the painting process was a low priority But I will spam with more images of the case with PSU installed, and a few other custom panels which I made for this beast PC.

Oh, did I mention that a GTX970 Strix from ASUS is going into this bad boy? No?! OK, well I will have some images of this, and some more sponsor announcements over the coming days!

Time for the photodump!

So as usual everyone, please let me know on anything that I can improve on and I will take that on constructive criticism - making an even better build log for you all to enjoy

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Permalänk
Medlem

Lovin' it, looks stunning!
Can't wait to see the hardware go in, and how you have coloured it!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.6
UPC sponsorship update

Hello guys and girls of modding!

This update is to announce UPC (Ultimate Personal Computer) as a sponsor of custom made and sleeved cable kit for my Corsair RM850 PSU.

These cables were hand made by Adam Birli - who is the owner at UPC - using a combination of MDPC sleeving and his own sleeving named Aegis! These cables will go perfect with this build. I just love the look and feel of them and best of all, I don't need to sleeve!

Thanks UPC for the sponsorship.

So guys, thank you for reading, and I will have another update for you in just a few days!

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow, this looks really great!

Visa signatur

🏬: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master 🔲: AMD Ryzen R5 5600X ❄️: Cooler Master Hyper212 BE 🏴: ASUS RX 6700 XT DUAL
🗄️: Fractal Define 7 Compact 🔌: EVGA B5 850W 🎞️: 32GB HyperX Beast 3600Mhz 💾: Crucial 512 GB
🖥️: ROG STRIX XG27WQ 🖱️: Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite ⌨️: K70 RGB TKL CHAMPION SERIES 🎧: Corsair H55 📶: Archer C80

Permalänk
Avstängd

How come you choosed the RM over the AX or HX series?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Gyhlen:

Wow, this looks really great!

Thank you my friend

Skrivet av makn:

How come you choosed the RM over the AX or HX series?

Well from the information that I had read, the RM series PSUs are the middle class PSU, which is better than HX series but lower than the AX series. I had no use for the more expensive model with it's Platinum power rating, so the RM series seemed like the logical choice.

/Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.7
Inet and ASUS sponsor announcement

G'day and welcome!

In this latest update, I would like to happily announce Inet and ASUS as sponsors for the Re(de)fine project. It was certainly a surprise to me that Inet and ASUS had collaborated together to sponsor an ASUS Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition mATX motherboard! On top of this, ASUS had sent me a whole bag of awesome ROG "Swag" which I will be giving away to a lucky reader My thinking is that I would love to give back something to the modding community for all of the support that I have been given. The swag is including the following:
ROG shirt
ROG mousepad
ASUS 8GB USB flashdrive
ASUS bag

This motherboard will work perfectly is this project, which I have plans to paint the Armor with white Plastidip so that it blends well with the inside of the Air 240 chassis.

Here are some images of the goodies:

And here are the images of the motherboard:

Thanks for looking guys and girls, I will have a modding update for you VERY soon!

Kind regards,

Permalänk

Good job!
Seems really nice.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Melinho2895:

Good job!
Seems really nice.

Thank you! I own the Z87 version and I love it. Definitely can recommend!

/Justin

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thank you! I own the Z87 version and I love it. Definitely can recommend!

/Justin

It looks badass with the armor!

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice project!!

Visa signatur

not so fast

Permalänk
Medlem

Looking really nice!
Thinking of doing my own Carbide 240 build and you just motivated me further
Following the thread!

/Drelis

Visa signatur

Lian Li O11D Evo | Full custom loop | 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate | Ryzen 5800x3d | MSI B550 Mortar | G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz CL16 32g | LG 32GP850-B | Topping DX3Pro+ | Sivga SV021| Logitech G Pro X Superlight| Akkogear 3084B Jelly Black

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Melinho2895:

It looks badass with the armor!

Looks even better in white

Skrivet av Skjulet:

Nice project!!

Cheers mate!!

Skrivet av DrDrelis:

Looking really nice!
Thinking of doing my own Carbide 240 build and you just motivated me further
Following the thread!

/Drelis

Awesome, I hope you take some ideas from my build and can make them better!

/Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.8
Front/top panel wrap

Hello friends and welcome to my latest update!

Today I would like to share with you a concept I came up with to cover the grill/mesh which is one of the defining features of the Carbide Air 240.

I decided that I wanted to use a single piece of aluminium, cut it, bend it and cover it in leather speaker material. This is what it turned out like

Short and sweet little update, I hope you enjoyed it!

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

This is looking real nice.
wish i had the skills and time to mod.

I have one nzxt h440 collecting dust, and a silverstone ft05 that i want to mod.
But kids and work gets in the way ^^

Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Sponsored by

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/Sponso...

Update No.8
Front/top panel wrap

Hello friends and welcome to my latest update!

Today I would like to share with you a concept I came up with to cover the grill/mesh which is one of the defining features of the Carbide Air 240.

I decided that I wanted to use a single piece of aluminium, cut it, bend it and cover it in leather speaker material. This is what it turned out like

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/Redefi...

Short and sweet little update, I hope you enjoyed it!

Kind regards,

Visa signatur

not so fast

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Skjulet:

This is looking real nice.
wish i had the skills and time to mod.

I have one nzxt h440 collecting dust, and a silverstone ft05 that i want to mod.
But kids and work gets in the way ^^

I would love to mod both cases. I hope you get the time to start your projects man!!

Otherwise I might have to borrow those cases and do something for you

/Justin

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks awesome this far, keep up the good work man! Wish I had the tools to mod, they're the only thing shopping me from modding

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av DaNuff:

Looks awesome this far, keep up the good work man! Wish I had the tools to mod, they're the only thing shopping me from modding

Thanks man! I still don't have all of the tools that I want (CNC/laser cutter, metal sheet bender etc) but I first started out using just hand tools. A jigsaw, good set of files of all sizes and shapes, ruler and imagination are all you really need.

I still do my modding in the kitchen when my daughter isn't at home

/Justin

Permalänk
Medlem

More amazing stuff from you Justin. You really know how to impress people! Please tell me the secret! Haha jk. Great project, cool idéa with the leather. Get the feeling you though outside the box on this one. / ygd3n

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.9
Painting and modding

Well hello there again, and welcome to a massive update!!

It feels like I am starting to round up things with this project, but I still have a few updates and surprises in store for you all. But firstly, this update..

Well then, to begin with, I did something special with the SSD as a thank you for the sponsorship.

Then I painted and sleeved a couple of fans..

And then the ASUS Z97 Gryphon armor got a lick of the ol' white!

Installed the power button:

And lastly modded the Corsair H100i to fit the theme..

I hope you like the update guys, and soon I will have another update for you all to chew on

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Great work, mate!

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice! I have never seen leather in a PC before

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av DDemis:

Great work, mate!

Cheers man!

Skrivet av twk:

Nice! I have never seen leather in a PC before

Thanks! I think that it is a trend which is catching on

/Justin

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks really good this far and I'm sure it will get even better!

How did yo make the logos in the paint? did you cut out something and put there before you painted or did you paint tehn let it dry and then masked and made the paint thicker to form the logos?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Avstängd

v nice work. I have G5 case if U interesting to help.

Visa signatur

Intel Core i9 9900K .Asus Prime Z390-P.
Intel Core i9 7900X 3,3GHz .Asus Prime X299-A (Hackintosh)

Permalänk
Medlem

hey man! Just wanted to chime in and tell you about your superb quality and detail you put into every part you mod Very nice !

BR chris