Flera skärmar, Massivt skrivbords & spel lagg: DWM.exe + Nvidia/amd problem ?

Permalänk
Medlem

Flera skärmar, Massivt skrivbords & spel lagg: DWM.exe + Nvidia/amd problem ?

Hejsan Sweclockers!

Jag har hela dagen igår och idag försökt hitta en lösning runt om på google angående ett problem jag har (samt tydligen en hel del andra) med flera skärmar, I mitt fall Windows 8 samt jag har 2 st skärmar.

För att spara tid kommer jag inte översätta det jag skrev på Nvidias community forum (ursäkta min lathet :S), utan både länka den tråden och klistra in det jag skrev där. Hoppas det inte gör något! Ju fler jag når destu lättare och mer troligt hittar jag svaret <.-.<

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/776465/geforce-700-600-series/multi-monitor-setup-massive-desktop-game-lag-dwm-exe-nvidia-driver-issue-/

Kopierad text från tråden;

Hello there!

As the title of this topic suggests. I'm having issues with my dual monitor setup, It lags, oh it lags like crazy. But only in certain cases.

----------------------------
First of all this is the basics of my system
WINDOWS 8.1 !
AMD FX8350
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB R.1
Asus Sabertooth FX990 R.2

Monitor 1 - Sony KLD-32EX700 tv @ 1080p
Monitor 2 - old Dell Ultrasharp 1900FP@ 1280x1024
Deeper details here - Dxdiag;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j2BuWj1gWrBAeFeI8p9nksqUWorabqXe9RJZ_-N9YmQ/edit?usp=sharing

(And do note - also replaced second monitor at one time and also tried different cables. same resolution, Compaq P4830 monitor, same thing there)

---------------
First of all I'd like to say when i play games i use my second monitor for twitch/youtube videos, skype/ts or other programs like it (and also system monitoring, like gpu load and heat etc).

And now to spare you a long wall of text describing the issue, ill share you a phone recorded 60fps video of the problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fn1CssHb_oYV85LVBTblRoc1U/edit?usp=sharing
Summary: And as you can see here. When i have a video running (Same if i have a game running, or really anything else that moves around on my second monitor), I get massive fps drops, flickering or however you wish to describe it.

And as you also can see in the taskmanager (sorry for the swedish...) It seems to have something to do withe the DWM.exe (Aka Windows - Desktop window manager - that with google searches in short seems to handle the general windows UI animations and stuff like that)

BUT what i fail to find anywhere, is any fixes or otherwise help for WINDOWS 8/8.1 Computers. There are plenty of Vista and Win 7 fixes that tells you to disable the DWM stuff in the adim tool "services" - only issue is, that is not in there on windows 8 or 8.1.

So im pretty much stuck. I've tried some of the things that you could in win 7.
- disable (in system visual settings) all visual effects - Dose not work.
- I Literally just reinstalled all Nvidia drivers yesterday
- Reinstalled java and Flash player
- Run Malware and virus scans (no luck, no virus or malware ~AVG + Malwarebytes Anti MW)
- Nvidia control panel: Disabled and enabled all visual settings there - no luck.
- Tried looking for a way to shut down DWM.exe (ie task manager) - no luck as it simply restarts
- + more i can't think of atm

And I'm now running out of ideas.
I realize that i can't really ask for "windows 8" support here per say. But considering its also graphics related i thought i might as well try my luck in here too.

Have any of you in here any other ideas of what i can do to fix this ???
Has this happend to you as well?

All I want is also to raise the awareness of this issue - both here and for microsoft - SOEMONE has to fix this issue on the driver/software side - either Nvidia or Microsoft.
The more that knows of it - the more likely a fix will come. And considering its an issue that has plagued windows systems (with and without temp. fixes) since Windows Vista It has to be fixed ASAP.

So please, if you don't know how to fix it - I plead to you to spread it around - ask around - This seem to happen to a lot of people with both dual and trio monitor setups - That seriously affects both the computer performance and game fps/performance, which for us gamers is very negative don't you agree?

And remember WINDOWS 8.1 is my system, so dont suggest Win 7 temp fixes please.

Där har vi det, nu hoppas jag bara att ni kan hjälpa mig hitta en fix till detta, all hjälp uppskattas! o7

Visa signatur

Patience is a virtue.

it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Tarax00:

Hejsan Sweclockers!

Jag har hela dagen igår och idag försökt hitta en lösning runt om på google angående ett problem jag har (samt tydligen en hel del andra) med flera skärmar, I mitt fall Windows 8 samt jag har 2 st skärmar.

För att spara tid kommer jag inte översätta det jag skrev på Nvidias community forum (ursäkta min lathet :S), utan både länka den tråden och klistra in det jag skrev där. Hoppas det inte gör något! Ju fler jag når destu lättare och mer troligt hittar jag svaret <.-.<

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/776465/geforce-700-600-series/multi-monitor-setup-massive-desktop-game-lag-dwm-exe-nvidia-driver-issue-/

Kopierad text från tråden;

Hello there!

As the title of this topic suggests. I'm having issues with my dual monitor setup, It lags, oh it lags like crazy. But only in certain cases.

----------------------------
First of all this is the basics of my system
WINDOWS 8.1 !
AMD FX8350
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB R.1
Asus Sabertooth FX990 R.2

Monitor 1 - Sony KLD-32EX700 tv @ 1080p
Monitor 2 - old Dell Ultrasharp 1900FP@ 1280x1024
Deeper details here - Dxdiag;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j2BuWj1gWrBAeFeI8p9nksqUWorabqXe9RJZ_-N9YmQ/edit?usp=sharing

(And do note - also replaced second monitor at one time and also tried different cables. same resolution, Compaq P4830 monitor, same thing there)

---------------
First of all I'd like to say when i play games i use my second monitor for twitch/youtube videos, skype/ts or other programs like it (and also system monitoring, like gpu load and heat etc).

And now to spare you a long wall of text describing the issue, ill share you a phone recorded 60fps video of the problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fn1CssHb_oYV85LVBTblRoc1U/edit?usp=sharing
Summary: And as you can see here. When i have a video running (Same if i have a game running, or really anything else that moves around on my second monitor), I get massive fps drops, flickering or however you wish to describe it.

And as you also can see in the taskmanager (sorry for the swedish...) It seems to have something to do withe the DWM.exe (Aka Windows - Desktop window manager - that with google searches in short seems to handle the general windows UI animations and stuff like that)

BUT what i fail to find anywhere, is any fixes or otherwise help for WINDOWS 8/8.1 Computers. There are plenty of Vista and Win 7 fixes that tells you to disable the DWM stuff in the adim tool "services" - only issue is, that is not in there on windows 8 or 8.1.

So im pretty much stuck. I've tried some of the things that you could in win 7.
- disable (in system visual settings) all visual effects - Dose not work.
- I Literally just reinstalled all Nvidia drivers yesterday
- Reinstalled java and Flash player
- Run Malware and virus scans (no luck, no virus or malware ~AVG + Malwarebytes Anti MW)
- Nvidia control panel: Disabled and enabled all visual settings there - no luck.
- Tried looking for a way to shut down DWM.exe (ie task manager) - no luck as it simply restarts
- + more i can't think of atm

And I'm now running out of ideas.
I realize that i can't really ask for "windows 8" support here per say. But considering its also graphics related i thought i might as well try my luck in here too.

Have any of you in here any other ideas of what i can do to fix this ???
Has this happend to you as well?

All I want is also to raise the awareness of this issue - both here and for microsoft - SOEMONE has to fix this issue on the driver/software side - either Nvidia or Microsoft.
The more that knows of it - the more likely a fix will come. And considering its an issue that has plagued windows systems (with and without temp. fixes) since Windows Vista It has to be fixed ASAP.

So please, if you don't know how to fix it - I plead to you to spread it around - ask around - This seem to happen to a lot of people with both dual and trio monitor setups - That seriously affects both the computer performance and game fps/performance, which for us gamers is very negative don't you agree?

And remember WINDOWS 8.1 is my system, so dont suggest Win 7 temp fixes please.

Där har vi det, nu hoppas jag bara att ni kan hjälpa mig hitta en fix till detta, all hjälp uppskattas! o7

Har du Logitech Setpoint installerat? En snabb googling ger att det varit boven för en del med samma problem.

Visa signatur

///M4

Permalänk
Medlem

Kort svar så fungerar det inte att avinstallera det.

(Dock har jag inte haft setpoint få 1-2 år nu - de ersätte det programmet med "Lotitech gaming software", avinstallera de det utan några förändringar)

Visa signatur

Patience is a virtue.

Permalänk
Medlem

Efter mycket om och men så tycks det att jag hittat en tillfällig lösning på detta problemet.

Med de nyeste Nvidia drivrutinerna ser det ut som att det orsakat en konflikt mellan shadowplay och windows DWM.exe - Det är alltså shadowplay (som jag normalt sätta alltid har på utan några större bekymmer som jag upplevt nu) som i mitt fall orsakar detta bekymmer. När jag av-installerade det så fungerar allt som vanligt.

(uppdaterade även min Nvidia forum tråd med mer info hur jag kom fram till detta för den nyfikne)

Tack för din input Hoski ! Uppskattas

Visa signatur

Patience is a virtue.