Min kontakt med EA games supporten.

Permalänk
Medlem

Min kontakt med EA games supporten.

You are now ready to chat with Alok.
you: Yo
Alok: Hi
you: Quick question, to what I hope you have a quick answer to, how long will the activating servers for battlefield 3 be down?
you: *answer

Alok: What is the issue you are facing?
you: The same as the general population of battlefield. I start the game, it says it cannot activate my product key, I click activate product key, and I am met with a gray screen and a rotating thingy for 20 minutes
you: then after that it says error has occurred
you: Its almost all over your forums on EA. But no official statement has yet been given. do you know about the problem at all?

Alok: Okay
Alok: May I have your processor configuration?
you: Intel Core I7
you: My friend could activate and he has a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Alok: What is your processor in GHz?
you: 3,06 GHZ
you: I don't really know what this has remotely to do with me being able to activate a game in origin. You know. product activation? Playing the game probably works, if I just get to activate it first.

Alok: Okay its fine
Alok: I would like you to try some trouble shooting steps.
Alok: Would you like that?
you: Sure.

Alok is getting ready to send copy paste
Alok: Click on the Task Manager button to launch the Windows Task Manager.
Alok: Follow these steps to close unnecessary programs:
Alok: Click the Applications tab to view the list of active programs.
Alok: Click on any program listed in this window and click the End Task button.
Alok: Repeat the previous instructions until all programs have been closed.
Alok: Follow these steps to close unnecessary processes:
Alok: Click the Processes tab to view the list of active processes.
Alok: Click the User Name column header to organize the processes by login.
Alok: Click on any program listed next to your Windows login, other than EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE, then select the End Process button
Alok: Warning: Do not close any processes running under SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE
Alok: Repeat the previous instructions until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for the following two:
Alok: TASKMGR.EXE
Alok: EXPLORER.EXE
Alok finnished copy paste, score 120.
Alok: Please let me know when done.
you: Alok are you are sure you are not breaking my balls? Excuse my language.

Alok: Sorry I did not get you?
you: I'm asking, what does my running programs have anything to do with me being unable to reach your product activating servers?
you: And... how can my processes shut down half of your player base from being able to apply their product keys?

Alok: But sometimes it might be due to back ground tasks also.
you: Roger.
you: Ill play along for now. Shutting down unnecessary stuff.

Alok: Look in My Documents for the BF3 directory. If it exists, delete it.
Alok: Look in the folder where BF3 was installed. If the BF3 directory is still visible, delete it.
Alok: Restart the game and try running it again.
Alok: You could then try this also.
you: In my documents I only have Battlefield 3 Open Beta
you: Since I have not yet been able to activate BF3

Alok: But there should still be BF3 directory.
you: Ofc there is an installed folder for BF3 in my games folder, that origin created when I installed the game.
you: But since I have not been able to run BF3 yet I't has not created userprofile data in my documents yet
you: Removing BF3 installation folder will render me without BF3 installed, making me have to re-download and re-install

Alok: Yes
you: The problem does not lie with the game itself
you: The problem exists when the Origin software tries to contact your servers for game activation.

Alok: But for server issues we have this steps.
you: Well all programs and processes are shut down
you: I'm retrying the activation steps
you: Now I have the same screen up
you: It says in detail

Alok: Did you try the server steps?
you: Server steps? Did I miss something? You posted only shutting down processes and programs and removing BF3 documents folder of wich there are none. I am not removing my installed games folder since I'm not going to spend time re-downloading the entire BF3 of 12 GB.
you: "We could not activate Battlefield 3 TM on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin Account"
you: thats what i says

Alok: May I have your email id?
you: It also say "You are signed in as: " and its only blank
you: uberkarhu@xxxxx.xxx
you: It gives me 3 choices
you: Sign in as a different user, Byt the game, Enter product key
you: Enter product key leaves me hanging for the 20 minutess untill it gives some general error
you: I'm trying "Sign in as a different user", but signing back in with the same account again

Alok: Your account is fine.
Alok: Could you try now?
you: trying
you: It gives me again "could not activate ...."
you: Trying Enter Product Key again

Alok: Okay now I came to know according to the latest news it is a temporary issue.
you: How temporary?

Alok: Just a few hours or so.
you: Roger, then... I'm gonna repost the first thing I typed, which could have saved us alot of time: "Quick question, to what I hope you have a quick answer to, how long will the activating servers for battlefield 3 be down?

Alok: Okay it will be for about 2-3 hours.
you: Thank you Alok for that short and effective answer.

Alok: Bye and take care.

Så nu vet vi, 2-3 timmar innan vi kan spela. Om han nu inte bara blev less och hittade på ett svar ;P

Visa signatur

Jag har dyslexi.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av zparta:

you: Quick question, to what I hope you have a quick answer to, how long will the activating servers for battlefield 3 be down?

you: The same as the general population of battlefield. I start the game, it says it cannot activate my product key, I click activate product key, and I am met with a gray screen and a rotating thingy for 20 minutes
you: Its almost all over your forums on EA. But no official statement has yet been given. do you know about the problem at all?

you: I don't really know what this has remotely to do with me being able to activate a game in origin. You know. product activation? Playing the game probably works, if I just get to activate it first.

Alok: Click on any program listed next to your Windows login, other than EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE, then select the End Process button
Alok: Warning: Do not close any processes running under SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE
Alok: Repeat the previous instructions until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for the following two:

you: I'm asking, what does my running programs have anything to do with me being unable to reach your product activating servers?
you: And... how can my processes shut down half of your player base from being able to apply their product keys?

Alok: Look in the folder where BF3 was installed. If the BF3 directory is still visible, delete it.

you: Ofc there is an installed folder for BF3 in my games folder, that origin created when I installed the game.
you: But since I have not been able to run BF3 yet I't has not created userprofile data in my documents yet
you: Removing BF3 installation folder will render me without BF3 installed, making me have to re-download and re-install

you: The problem exists when the Origin software tries to contact your servers for game activation.

you: Server steps? Did I miss something? You posted only shutting down processes and programs and removing BF3 documents folder of wich there are none. I am not removing my installed games folder since I'm not going to spend time re-downloading the entire BF3 of 12 GB.
you: "We could not activate Battlefield 3 TM on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin Account"

you: Enter product key leaves me hanging for the 20 minutess untill it gives some general error
you: I'm trying "Sign in as a different user", but signing back in with the same account again

Alok: Okay now I came to know according to the latest news it is a temporary issue.

you: Roger, then... I'm gonna repost the first thing I typed, which could have saved us alot of time: "Quick question, to what I hope you have a quick answer to, how long will the activating servers for battlefield 3 be down?

Så nu vet vi, 2-3 timmar innan vi kan spela. Om han nu inte bara blev less och hittade på ett svar ;P

Amatörer...

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av zparta:

eeh blev less?
Om "han" inte är en bot så verkar han ju åtminstone inte ha högre IQ än en bot i pre-alpha stadie (eller möjligen en fiskmås)
själv har jag stoppas i skivan, fått en Origin login och sedan fastnat på verifierar...............
nåväl, det kanske fungerar nästa vecka

Permalänk

Samma här.. försöket även att aktivera mitt Dragon Ages 2 som jag "fick" på köpet. även det ett EA spel. funkar inte heller. kan inte ens skapa ett konto för att sen aktivera det.

Permalänk
Medlem

Hahaha, "Hellooee! This is indian support. How may i heeelp?"

För övrigt sjukt störigt att det inte går att aktivera.... grr

Permalänk
Medlem

Har också problem med aktiveringen, mas...

Visa signatur

Stationär: Q9550 @ 3777.5MHz, ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB, Asus P5Q SE, 4Gb DDR2 PC6400 Corsair XMS2, Corsair 550W, Thermaltake TRUE + 3 Noctua NF-P12, Antec 300 med fläktar, 1x 640Gb WD black och nån random DVD-läsare me lightscribe

Permalänk
Medlem

Tur att man han aktivera innan det här.

Visa signatur

Main dator| Define R3|i7 930|Asus P6X58D-E|1TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA III|Corsair TX 950W|Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE|Samsung SH-S223C|GTX 480|Corsair 6 gb ram 1600 Mhz|Windows 7 64 bit| Dell Ultrasharp U2311h|Logitech G700|Logitech G110
Ljud|Denon Avr-1311|Elac FS 57.2|Elac CC 51.2|Dynavoice dynamite S-61|Proson rumble R-8|AKG K 242 HD|AKG K550

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av TobbeG92:

Amatörer...

Skämtar du med mig eller!?!?
citerade du precis ALLT vad TS skrev för att sedan skriva det där ynka, dryga svaret!?

OnT:
Har själv varit i Kontakt med EA chatt support flertal gånger (Hade problem med BC2)... Fy helvete vad vissa där inte har en aning om vad de gör..

Visa signatur

ROG Strix Z370-E | Intel 8700K | RTX 3080 TUF OC | G.Skill 16GB 3200Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB | Corsair 550D | Corsair RM750X

Permalänk
Skrivet av TobbeG92:

Amatörer...

Amatör? Han pratade helt klart med en bot och dessa har blivit så bra idag så att de helt kan ersätta all annan typ av support.

Skämt åsido så var detta skrattretande, de verkar ha tagit in vad som helst för supporten, men samtidigt är det nog hög tryck nu och det blir bättre senare.

Visa signatur

[Core i7-3930K med 32GB ram, 2*256GB SSD] & [Core i7 3770K med 16 GB RAM, 256GB SSD] som tillsammans har ett [HD 5850 1GB] och 3st 24".

Permalänk
Skrivet av zparta:

kunde inte låta bli

Visa signatur

min skärm är större än din

Permalänk
Medlem

Haha, den bilden fick mig på lite bättre humör