VIA lanserar enkortsdatorn Android PC Rock med Paper

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av Yoshman:

Ingen aning hur många kärnor denna har, men även om vi antar att denna är enkelkärnig så kommer den springa cirklar kring RPi då Cortex A9 har betydligt mycket bättre IPC än den ARM11 som sitter i RPi. Använder man DMIPS, som inte säger hela sanningen men ändå ger en fingervisning, så utför Cortex A9 ganska precis dubbelt så mycket per cykel jämfört med ARM11.

Denna kan faktiskt bli en bra hemmaserver om det går att installera en "vanlig" Linux-distro på den, RPi fungerar också en är i klenaste laget.

Du menar att RPi funkar också men är i klenaste laget?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Medlem

Sammanfattning av intressanta enkortsdatorer

Här är vad jag postade om små enkortsdatorer på ett engelskt forum. Det är för mycket för att jag ska orka översätta, så ni får tåla engelskan.

Specifications and pictures

Raspberry Pi

Price: 35$
Singlecore ARM11 at 700MHz (1GHz turbo), Videocore4 GPU, 512MB RAM, SD card reader, 2USB slots, HDMI, Ethernet, composite video and 3.5mm audio.

Cubieboard

Price: 49$
Dualcore cortex A8 at 1GHz, Mali400 GPU, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, MicroSD reader, SATA, 2USB slots, HDMI, Ethernet and 3.5mm audio. This thing has the capability to run a 2.5" HDD/SSD. That's a very, very nice feature.

Gamestick

Price: 79$ (bluetooth controller included)
Dualcore cortex A9 at up to 1.5GHz (no clock speed is listed), dual Mali400 GPUs, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, HDMI, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth. The biggest thing though is that IT DOES NOT REQUIRE A POWER CABLE, you literally just plug it into your TV and it starts running, just like a USB stick.

GK802

Price: 99$
Quadcore cortex A9 at 1.2GHz, Vivante GC2000 GPU, 1GB RAM, 2Micro SD slots (one internal with 8GB micro SD card included), 1USB slot, HDMI, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth.

OUYA

Price: 99$ (bluetooth controller included)
Quadcore cortex A9 at 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM, 1USB slot, HDMI, Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0.

-----

Feature summary and evaluation

These things all connect through HDMI. The only one with another video output is the Raspberry Pi.

Cortex A8 is roughly 100% faster than ARM11 at the same clock (2GHz ARM11 is equal to 1GHz cortex A8 in speed).
Cortex A9 is roughly 20% faster than cortex A8 at the same clock.

That means that the relative CPU performance is (higher is better):
Raspberry Pi(in turbo): 1
Cubieboard: 4
Gamestick: ~7
(it depends on the clock speed they set)
GK802: 11.5
Tegra 3: 13
OUYA: 15

Cubie is essentially 4 times faster than RasPi. GK802 and OUYA are pretty monstrous in comparison.
The above assumes perfect scaling to 4 cores, which is rarely the case. Many programs can only use 2, so the difference between RasPi/Cubie/Gamestick and GK802/OUYA isn't always as big as it looks.

The relative GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) performance is (higher is better):
Raspberry Pi: 1
Cubieboard: ~1
Gamestick: ~2
Tegra 3: ~3
GK802: ~3.5
OUYA: ~4

The numbers are only educated guesses, do not take them to heart, only use them to compare the devices at hand.

Tegra 3 was added for reference. OUYA uses Tegra 3, but can run it in higher clocks(faster) because it has a fan. Tablets with Tegra 3 don't have the luxury of a cooling fan.

Price:
Raspberry Pi: 35$ (+whatever you pay for the SD card+9-15$ if you want a case)
Cubieboard: 49$ (+9-15$ if you want a case)
Gamestick: 79$
GK802: 99$
OUYA: 99$

Storage:
Raspberry Pi: 0 + SD card reader
Cubieboard: 4GB + Micro SD + SATA
Gamestick: 8GB (+Micro SD if they reach 520k $ on Kickstarter)
GK802: 8GB (Micro SD) + Another Micro SD slot
OUYA: 8GB

USB slots:
Raspberry Pi: 2
Cubieboard: 2
Gamestick: 0
GK802: 1
OUYA: 1

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth:
Raspberry Pi: -
Cubieboard: -
Gamestick: Both
GK802: Both
OUYA: Both

The Raspberry Pi and Cubieboard are both perfect for small setups you make at home. They're both extremely small, and with the wide variety of modules you can connect them to (the pins) you make all kinds of makeshift home devices. A security camera that transmits the video online, a server(albeit a very weak one), a fileserver, a remote control system for your home, the possibilities are endless.
While the built in 4GB storage and the ability to run a 2.5" HDD/SSD are huge advantages for the Cubieboard, Raspberry Pi has many more cases available and a much bigger community providing lots of guides for creating your own abominations of technology, so they kind of balance each other out. It's a very tough choice.

As an HTPC (for watching movies, browsing the web and casual gaming) the Gamestick, GK802 and OUYA are clearly the best choices. They all have some decent power. Especially the Gamestick impresses me with the ability to run it without a cable for supplying power (it takes the power from the HDMI slot). And even though OUYA does win hands down in raw power, it's also A LOT BIGGER than the other 2 and uses a fan(so it's not completely quiet).

Me? I'm I'm still very unsure, but at the moment I've decided that I do not want the OUYA. I want something smaller.
The Raspberry Pi and Cubieboard are both pretty small, but the Gamstick and GK802 are just insanely small. While the two "sticks" are clearly superior in size, the two "boards" make up for it with connectivity/moddability.
I'm gonna be a little biased towards RasPi, because I can get it from a Swedish retailer, while I would have to import the others.

Dold text
Permalänk

VIA APC Rock:
Cortex-A9 One Core 800Mhz
512MB RAM
Mali-400(quadcore?)
170 x 85 mm
$79

ODROID U2:
Cortex-A9 Quad Core 1.7Ghz
2048MB RAM
Mali-400 Quad Core 440MHz
48 x 52 mm
$89

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Noppsiman:

ODROID U2:
Cortex-A9 Quad Core 1.7Ghz
2048MB RAM
Mali-400 Quad Core 440MHz
48 x 52 mm
$89

WOOOW

Den är ju snäppet vassare än Tegra 3 (Kollade benchmarks, klocks säger ej allt om prestanda) och dessutom löjligt liten O.O

Varför är den inte mer känd? >.>
Detta är första gången jag hör talas om den. (har dock hört talas om Odroid-X innan)