Core Clock not down clocking on idle when using 144hz refresh rate

Permalänk
Medlem

Core Clock not down clocking on idle when using 144hz refresh rate

Hi,
There is a problem that the graphics card core clock will not down clock on idle.
This problem only happens if you use 144hz refresh rate, if you change it to 120hz, the core clock will correctly down clock to 135Mhz on idle.
I noticed this problem when I recently got an Nvidia card (MSI 980 ti Gaming) and a new 144hz monitor.
I thought it was something wrong the the graphics card. I re-installed all drivers and programs and somehow I got it to work propperly, but now the problem is back and re-installing dosen't help either.
When I search for the same issue on internet, it seems that its a common problem which Nvidia has aknowledged also but my question is if there will be any drivers update soon to fix this problem?
As I can see it has been going on for a long time.
The only solution which works for me is to set the refresh rate at 120hz and then in Nvidia control panel, select the "Choose highest refresh rate possible" (don't remeber exactly what it was).
So it clocks down to 135Mhz on 2D/idle (when 120HZ) and automatically changes to 144HZ when gaming etc, but this is not the perfect solution.

Do you have any updates regarding this issue?
Thank you.

Visa signatur

Case: Corsair 650D | PSU: Asus Thor 1200W | RAM: Corsair 2*16GB Dominator Platinum RGB 5600MHz | Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite LCD | CPU: i7-12700K | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WIFI | GPU: MSI 4080 SUPRIM X | Monitor: Acer XB270HU