Aquatic Ambiance - Custom loop in CaseLabs Mercury S3

Permalänk
Discokungen

Wow. Tiden går så långsamt!!

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk
Permalänk
Medlem

Finally an update on my PC

The build isn't stalled despite me being very slow on updating you guys on the progress. I've done some small changes and some larger ones. I recently got a new power supply - Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W (80+ Gold) and I have some very nice custom CableMod cables in the configurator ready to be ordered. I think I'm going for all silver, with silver cable combs just to tie the build together nicely.

As mentioned I upgraded to a single slot 1080Ti.

I recently got my self an Aquaero Unit as well, The 6 LT with heatsink which fits perfectly in the bottom chamber. I've set it to control all 4 fans, a Darkside LED and hopefully in the future my DDC pump. At the moment the pump is controlled by the motherboard (which works well, but I want to set an alarm on it if it fails)

I'm trying my best atm to get rid of as many cables as I can just to clean the looks up in the case. It's very tight with the watercooling and not much spare room for random cables. This weekend I'm going to focus on doing custom fan extension cables and I recently uninstalled my USB 3.0 and front audio plugs in the front panel as the Aquaero takes up the only internal USB 3.0 header available. (Plus I'm using a large USB hub on my desk) I did a quick dirty (but effective) mod to solve the gaping holes in the front. I'm thinking about getting the original Caselabs frontpanel without the USB 3.0 and audio plugs later on.

Just the other day when I was booting up my system for the first time with the aquaero and tested out the PWM range on the fans I noticed some very annoying noises coming from one of the 140mm CoolerMaster Masterfan Pro fans. The second one was making a lot of noise when responding to PWM signal and the front ones started making funny noises as well. I got fed up pretty quickly and decided to follow my old route and bought 4 Noctua fans. I bought 2x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Chromax and 2x 120mm Noctua NF-F12 Chromax

I'm so happy I made this decision as the new Noctua fans works flawlessly with the Aquaero unit and it's PWM signal range. The PC is dead silent now. I've set the fans to spin @ 450 RPM when idle and ramp up via a curve to 100% RPM at 30 degrees water temperature.

A lot of other small changes I haven't documented in pictures took place as well. I had to switch the pump to a Laing DDC-pump 12V DDC-1T Plus PWM as my "Special Edition" pump didn't recognized PWM signals.

That ends it for this time. I'm very close to finishing this build. It's taken a while but at the same time I'm not on any dead line or in any kind of hurry. I love building on this machine and I feel it's gonna be an ever ending process in the long run. I can't wait to get my CableMod cables in this as the current long bulky cables don't fit that well lol. I'll try to post updates a bit more frequently!

Dold text
Visa signatur
Permalänk
Entusiast

Har du tempsensor i systemet? Om inte så skaffa en sån... styra fläktarna i aquaero via vattentempen är kung

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Zpnk:

Har du tempsensor i systemet? Om inte så skaffa en sån... styra fläktarna i aquaero via vattentempen är kung

Totally forgot to mention this!!

I've added a G1/4 temp sensor to the loop which I control my fans through. At my current setup I'm at ~30 degrees water temperature at full load, ~23 at idle

Visa signatur