Teknikdelar & false advertisement

Permalänk

Teknikdelar & false advertisement

Hey sorry if i write in English. But...

This company are a fucking pricks and they put up advertises which does not compare what you get.

I bought a iPhone 6s screen from them

On their site they are showing a picture of a HCQS brand which looks like a OEM type of a LCD, cables and front. The cables on the picture show apple logo which resembles OEM quality. Also they use as a product number: I6SOEMVIT and have offer on the display for 699kr but the original price is 1195.

I was going to buy from ifixit for 1100 kr but then i saw this and looked at the photo and it felt genuine. So i bought the display

The service is fast and i get the display day after. But i open the box and look at the display i see right away on the LCD panel this is not OEM just a fucking copy or aftermarket screen, because of there is no true blackness, and also there is no marking on the cables and the glass on the front camera does not show color hue, instead it is plastic crap. Best part the cable ripped apart when i was going to try plug it on the phone and wanted to look at the quality (I have done this so many times)

For me this is false advertisement what they are offering and do not show same LCD display which should mirror the price and quality.

I made a comment on their facebook site and Trustpilot and they deleted my comment and disabled me to write on their site

So as a consumer, where can i complain about this and even press charges for false advertisement?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av bjornfannar:

For me this is false advertisement what they are offering and do not show same LCD display which should mirror the price and quality.

What do you consider mirrors the price, or rather, what were you expecting when it was almost half the price of an original OEM spare? You can't really do anything about it, I assume they never claim that it is OEM/original and the photo is probably just stock or something from Google.

When you order items over the internet the seller is required by law to offer a two week return period where you are able to send it back no questions asked but it's a bit complicated now that you've ripped the cables...You still have the right to return it but on the other hand the seller has the right to make a deduction from the price related to 'wear and tear' and I'm guessing they'll be charging a 100% fee if the item is broken.

The best thing to do would have been to return it as soon as you noticed that it wasn't OEM/original.

Edit: I looked it up and I guess you're referring to the product ID of 'I6SOEMVIT' but the description never mentions anything about OEM and besides, OEM doesn't mean that it's an original item, it just means that it comes without proper 'store packaging'. The image also looks very different from the one on iFixit and I'm not able to see the supposed Apple logo either.

Visa signatur

NZXT H5 | Asus Strix B550-F | 5800X3D | NZXT Kraken Elite 240 | 32GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL18 | Corsair RM850x Shift | Kingston Fury 2TB NVMe | 4070 Super FE | Dell G2724D 165Hz

Permalänk
Medlem

Neither the images nor the product description at the site gives me the impression this is advertised as an original part. Calling it false advertisement is fairly ludicrous, you made an assumption which turned out to be incorrect, and as you noticed this was the case right away when you opened the box you should've simply sent it back for a refund.

Assuming you're refering to the second picture shown at the product page, there's a very small white blob in the bottom left corner of the ribbon cable connector thingie which might be a half-eaten apple logo, but considering you have to magnify the image to even notice this... not the ideal basis for a complaint.

Now, if the quality is so shoddy that the cable actually broke during the course of normal installation I'd use that as the basis for an RMA rather than accusing them of criminal acts, as you have no case for the latter and it'll likely cause you more harm than it will them.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 3700X | Asus X570-F | 32GB Kingston Fury Renegade | RX 7800 XT | Fractal Design R6C | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair RM650x | 6TB SSD av varierad kvalisort | Asus VG279QM | Ducky One 2 | CM MM720

Permalänk

They should at least be honest and show a right photo of the product instead using a random photo on the internet. There is no marking like it is shown on the photo. It is pretty easy to identify OEM from aftermarket just by look of the product in this Buisiness. Below is pretty good identification of a product which HCQS, IFIXIT would refer as a OEM product. Then the aftermarket which is build in some garage and almost similar that product I got from them. My mistake trusting them.

Nota bene: Product you buy should always be the same which is shown on their webpage. It is like some store in Sweden would put photo of real Galaxy S8 and then send you a fake one.

https://www.renovocellularparts.com/wp-content/uploads/oem-af...

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk

But I ordered from ifixit and I will put the other crap on the grill.

Permalänk

Can confirm they are scummy. I bought a replacement backpiece for my s7 edge and they had 2 alternatives: an oem back and a cheaper plastic one. I decided to buy the oem one. It looks identical to the original backpiece but you can feel it is cheaper and im not even sure if it is glass. I compared to both the old backpiece and another s7 edge and its obvious it isnt an oem part.

Permalänk

just a thought but if they can copy a LCD screen, then i think they can copy a white marking on a flexcabel..?
and most of the original screen are refurbished original LCD.. and yes the glas can be diffrent glas after they removed the broken glas, if you want 100% top-notch quality well go to a appstore ?

Visa signatur

hej Achmed Länken till bästa tråden #15549644

Permalänk
Medlem

Well I mean, there won't be any real OEM/'real' parts to buy. Because they are not sold seperatly. Not even to authorized repair shops can buy them.
Everything you can get your hand on will be a third party manufacturer, or simply a copy.
Quality will be different, of course. But you will never be able to get a real iphone screen from anyone else than apple them self. And they do not sell to end-users. Neither do their manufacturers. Even less when apple specifically stated that they are not allowed too.
These things are produced exclusively for apple.

So everything you can buy, will just be a copy. One way or another.

And this is why it is difficult for repair shops (or people at home) to find good quality parts. Some stores that repair phones/apple laptops struggle a lot with finding suppliers to actually supply them, consistently, with quality parts. Because these arn't apples tested and verified monitors or LCD's.

If you want to learn more about parts and why and how it is like that, I suggest Louis Rossmann on youtube. Who runs his own apple laptop repair shop and very very very very very frequently complain about the inability to actually buy the proper parts one need to repair said devices.

Either way, if you are based in Swede and bought it online from a Swedish store, you have the right to return it within 14 days no questions asked.

Visa signatur

Maximus X Hero - 8700k @5.1GHz - H115i - 32GB LPX@3466MHz - MSI 980Ti Gaming - EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 - Asus vg248qe - FD R5

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av ph0gelbice:

Can confirm they are scummy. I bought a replacement backpiece for my s7 edge and they had 2 alternatives: an oem back and a cheaper plastic one. I decided to buy the oem one. It looks identical to the original backpiece but you can feel it is cheaper and im not even sure if it is glass. I compared to both the old backpiece and another s7 edge and its obvious it isnt an oem part.

As I mentioned in my previous post OEM (often) only refers to the packaging of the product and has nothing to do with whether it's an 'original' item or not. The true definition of OEM is that it is made by the same manufacturer that produces the original, branded, product but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's identical to what you get if you purchase a finished product (such as a Galaxy S7) over the counter.

I can't comment on the authenticity of their products but you seem to be a bit confused regarding the meaning of OEM which is fully understandable since the meaning seems to differ depending on who you ask. The items may very well be OEM products despite not being identical to the parts used in said finished products. As a side note, an aftermarket product can in fact be identical to the 'original' although it may not be sold as such due to legal reasons, despite most people thinking that aftermarket is another word for cheap knock off (which it by the way often is).

Visa signatur

NZXT H5 | Asus Strix B550-F | 5800X3D | NZXT Kraken Elite 240 | 32GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz CL18 | Corsair RM850x Shift | Kingston Fury 2TB NVMe | 4070 Super FE | Dell G2724D 165Hz

Permalänk
Skrivet av ågren:

As I mentioned in my previous post OEM (often) only refers to the packaging of the product and has nothing to do with whether it's an 'original' item or not. The true definition of OEM is that it is made by the same manufacturer that produces the original, branded, product but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's identical to what you get if you purchase a finished product (such as a Galaxy S7) over the counter.

I can't comment on the authenticity of their products but you seem to be a bit confused regarding the meaning of OEM which is fully understandable since the meaning seems to differ depending on who you ask. The items may very well be OEM products despite not being identical to the parts used in said finished products. As a side note, an aftermarket product can in fact be identical to the 'original' although it may not be sold as such due to legal reasons, despite most people thinking that aftermarket is another word for cheap knock off (which it by the way often is).

It was labeled as samsung original, strongly implying it wasnt aftermarket compared to their alternatives.

Edit: the product page also states that it is an original samsung spare part
https://www.teknikdelar.se/mobilreservdelar/samsung/galaxy-s7...

While the alternative doesnt mention it: https://www.teknikdelar.se/galaxy-s7-baksida-batterilucka-sva...

So essentially they tricked me into paying double the price for a fake backpiece

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av ph0gelbice:

It was labeled as samsung original, strongly implying it wasnt aftermarket compared to their alternatives.

Edit: the product page also states that it is an original samsung spare part
https://www.teknikdelar.se/mobilreservdelar/samsung/galaxy-s7...

While the alternative doesnt mention it: https://www.teknikdelar.se/galaxy-s7-baksida-batterilucka-sva...

So essentially they tricked me into paying double the price for a fake backpiece

Well in that case you really got ripped off and should demand a refund. You should also report it as a case of copyright infringement, both directly to Samsung and to the police/customs office ('Tullverket') seeing as it's illegal to import and sell counterfeit goods.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av nilssonbenjamin:

@ph0gelbice:

i have ordered and talked to both them and samsung about this, confirms they sell both original and copy ones, i ordered the original and it felt perfect! but i got a proffesional workshop to do the actuall replacement! maybe you assembled it wrong with all the tapes you need, or maybe they did an honest misstake and sent you the wrong part... i dont know talk to their customerservice i have only had great experiance from them!

It's nice to see that you're so concerned that you made your first post in four years only to defend Teknikdelar and it's highly unlikely that you're involved in the company. Not.

Why do people even bother doing stuff like this when it's so transparent and obvious?

Visa signatur