Permalänk
Medlem

Bladerunner 2049 Casemod

Hej Modder!

Var vänlig ursäkta min stackars svenska som vi är från Storbritannien och vi har inte ett mycket avancerat utbildningssystem;)

Det här är den andra mod min son och jag jobbar tillsammans, den första moden vi gjorde tillsammans var en Camaro teman byggnad och var 100% mina söner koncept. Vid här Den här gången är min tur att välja tema så vad bättre än min favoritfilm Bladerunner. Jag har tittat på alla nyheter och hype kring uppföljaren till filmen och är nu väldigt exalterad att se hur plottningsmöjligheterna panar ut.

Jag har varit i och utanför sjukhuset som fått behandling för de senaste månaderna, som har återupplivat min kärlek till modding som mindre mobil. Medan jag på sjukhuset i en vecka uttråkad lärde jag mig själv hur man gör origami enhörningen från Bladerunner. Det var då jag började tänka på ett koncept för en byggnad. Normalt kanske du tror att ett Bladerunner-tema skulle vara jet svart med röda accenter med kanske en grungy mörk distopion känsla för att matcha atmosfären i den första filmen. Jag antar att jag bara gillade enhörningens metallik och bestämde mig för att gå med en renare metallisk känsla mer inline med den nya filmen och med origami.

Det finns inga sponsorer för byggnaden, tyvärr har vi lyckats scrounge om för delar i garaget och köpa vad jag kunde för att få ingredienserna för blandning. Använda Thermaltake Core V21 som fallet och jag tror att nästan alla de viktigaste tillverkarna av vattenkylda delar för kylning är en riktig colabaffär!

Jag älskar verkligen Thermaltake Core v21 eftersom det är ett så dynamiskt fodral med sina bytbara modulära sidor och framsidan och lämnar många variationalternativ för entusiasten och designad för ett matxsystem.

Den andra föraren för denna byggnad visar din respekt för dina äldste, min son tog mycket inspiration från Jp Modifieds arbete med sin design, så vi pratade om vem jag letade efter i moddingvärlden? Jag tycker fortfarande att idag är min favorit casemod fortfarande Orac 3. Det är fallet som fick mig till modding och blåste mitt sinne om vad som var möjligt. Därefter var det alla blinkande fläktar (tillbaka i mode) och vad du kunde göra med en beige väska.

Så målet Bladerunner med tips av Orac som lite av en kärleksbrev till Gnome

Liten video av kabelhöljen för falldesignen. Det mesta av fallet kommer att göras i Chrome för att matcha origami enhörningen från filmen. Jag ville att kablarna skulle vara en funktion istället för att gömma sig, så att svängningen skulle göra dem väldigt synliga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnt8VDNV5b0

Fler bilder att följa hoppet du tycker om vår byggnad!

Permalänk
Medlem

Update Blade Runner

Ny Blade Runner Trailer är ute idag. Inspirerad lite modding. Spredde radiatorerna med en Matt Primer dagen innan så två lager Chrome idag. Bara fansen för att remsa och chome nästa.

Permalänk
Medlem

Painting the AF120's

Dylan stripped down the Corsair AF120's and prepped them for painting. I made him watch Bill Owens tutorial vid on the 120's on youtube first, what a great vid simple and accurate so good a 10 year old could do it Dylan then gave the fans 3 coats of primer.

Time for a bit of streetfighter 2 while we wait for the primer to harden before two coats of chrome and 2 coats of clear coat.

Permalänk
Medlem

Important lessons learned today (always a school day modding) Dont use clear coat on top of a chrome effect. As you can see the rad does not have a clear coat sprayed on and looks much more chrome the fans on the other hand had 3 coats of primer two of chrome. We then added one clear coat on top and as you can see it has dulled it to a flat silver at best. The clear coat does create a nice gloss but not the desired effect for this mod.

Back to sanding and starting again..

Permalänk
Medlem

My son and I have been working on our mod on this week, after a LOT of trials getting the chrome look as close as possible I think we are getting there. Alphacool rad with 2 X AF120's.
Really hard work getting chrome to look okay out of a can, a warning to anyone trying it do not use a clear coat on top or it will dull the finish badly.

Permalänk
Medlem

Well been a week or so since we posted any updates, things have been changing behind the scenes with two offers of sponsorship for the build so the hope of finishing this with the boy in the holiday is on hold while we wait for some new parts to come.

The motherboard armour is something that wont change however so we have set to work planning and crafting. The cables will all screw into the housings after they are drilled into the acrylic plate. on the under side of the armour i'm using a rubber sealant just to make sure non of the fittings can come into contact with the board.

Permalänk
Medlem

I noticed that you picked AF120's for the radiator. A better choice would have been the SP120's, those are optimized for static pressure, like on a radiator.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXAFYNE7Cl0

Visa signatur

Asus B650E-F | Ryzen 7950X3D | G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000C30 | Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black | MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GAMING X TRIO | LG C2 42" OLED | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | Fractal Design Meshify 2 TG | Seasonic Prime GX 1300W

Permalänk
Medlem

@Iceman17:

Yes, if you notice the fans are not screwed into the radiator, this is because they are for the case not the rad, Corsair have sponsored the build but we have been waiting some time for the fans and other parts to come from them but did not want to delay the build. the AF's on the rad are just for show until the SP's arrive. Unfortunately Sponsored stuff sometimes takes a while to come!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av dmodz:

@Iceman17:

Yes, if you notice the fans are not screwed into the radiator, this is because they are for the case not the rad, Corsair have sponsored the build but we have been waiting some time for the fans and other parts to come from them but did not want to delay the build. the AF's on the rad are just for show until the SP's arrive. Unfortunately Sponsored stuff sometimes takes a while to come!

Ah i see, you never mentioned that so

Visa signatur

Asus B650E-F | Ryzen 7950X3D | G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000C30 | Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black | MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GAMING X TRIO | LG C2 42" OLED | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | Fractal Design Meshify 2 TG | Seasonic Prime GX 1300W

Permalänk
Medlem

Yes we started making the build, then Corsair approached us, but didnt want to announce it until the parts came from them. But these things take longer than I thought

Permalänk
Avstängd

Kul tråd, kommer att följas.

Visa signatur

Daisy, Daisy...
Three is a magic number
Yes it is, it's a magic number

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Will also follow Love the fact that you are working on this with your son. Kudos buddy

Permalänk
Medlem

Well its been a while since we had any updates, Corsair got in touch after seeing the build log and took pity on us:) We have been waiting on these parts arriving before we could make any real progress on the build. The case we are now using is the Air240 which will be fun to use as its a case we have not had in our hands before.

The only fun part will be proving enough airflow into the case as normally the air240 utilises the side panels for fans and we intend to make both sides into windows as well as the roof. The rear of the air240 has minimal space being such a small case for fans but hopefully we can source a solution.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

This looks very awesome. Loved your previous build and as someone else mentioned. Love the fact that you work on this together. Must be a bless to share the amazing modder experience with family.

A follow ofc and cant wait to see the next update!

Visa signatur

Älskar modding, PC gaming och det händer ibland att jag skär mig i fingrarna.
Webbplats: https://zeuligan.com
----------------------------------------------------
https://youtube.com/zeuligan | https://twitter.com/zeuligan | https://facebook.com/zeuligan | https://twitch.tv/zeuligan | https://instagram.com/zeuligan

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Macaper:

This looks very awesome. Loved your previous build and as someone else mentioned. Love the fact that you work on this together. Must be a bless to share the amazing modder experience with family.

A follow ofc and cant wait to see the next update!

Thank you, we try to be less serious and have as much fun as possible! Might not be the best works of art but much more fun doing it with the kids:)

Permalänk
Medlem

Dylan set to work masking off the window sections of the case and cutting the side panels of the corsair air240. He then started rubbing down and sanding the chassis ready for its primer coat.

Permalänk
Medlem

Friday night mod for the boy after his first week back at school. Did the LCD backplate for the GPU on the current mod, should look quite slick when running.

Did a chrome finish on the existing Saphire Backplate then set in the LCD its a 800x480 so displays a nice image for its small 5" size.

This should display the "in film adverts in Blade Runner well for the mod, as well as CAM etc when the pc is actually in use.

Permalänk
Medlem

A busy weekend didnt leave much time for modding with kids football but we did find time to finish prepping the chassis and give its primer coat. Dylans spray technique is coming on well, no more runs! Letting the primer harden over night before starting the chrome coats tomorrow.

Permalänk
Medlem

Another little painting update, most of the body is now complete so its nearly time to put it all together hopefully me and the boy should be able to escape and get it done. The paint job is not the chromiest of Chrome but not bad out of a rattle can. We have decided to swap out the PETG hard tube and go back retro with some soft, it seams to match in better with the arcing curves of the cable sleeve.

Time will tell, off to watch the movie in an hour so hopefully come back happy and inspired!

Permalänk
Hjälpsam

Really neat! Will it be weathered/stained to bring out the details as well as the gritty universe of Bladerunner?

Visa signatur

Allt jag säger/skriver här är mina egna åsikter och är inte relaterade till någon organisation eller arbetsgivare.

Jag är en Professionell Nörd - Mina unboxing och produkttester (Youtube)
Om du mot förmodan vill lyssna på mig - Galleri min 800D med 570 Phantom SLI

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Fluf:

Really neat! Will it be weathered/stained to bring out the details as well as the gritty universe of Bladerunner?

Thank you, yes we intended to add a weathered look to the whole case and inside too with lots of rust effects. Went to see the film did not disappoint! Too old for my boy but will print him some stills

Permalänk
Medlem

Dylan started work working on the Blade Runner case fans. The Corsair air240 has space for two small 80mm fans. We noticed a lot of people working with the case don't bother using them. Found a couple of silent fans (as you can be at 80mm) and thought we would use them as a feature.

Just a case of taking the fans apart painting up and masking off. Of course the Tyrell Corp logo had to feature somewhere

Treated ourselves to some model rust effect paints to age them giving that industrial feel. We have been watching a few model tank video's to look at how they do the rust effects this paint set seem to be recommended so really looking forward to doing something new at the same time as Dylan.

Permalänk
Medlem

Decided to crack on finishing it then do the weathering at the end. Last tests sorting out all the cables and hose today, then install the motherboard armour and screen.

Permalänk
Medlem

Felt all wrong demolishing the corsair badge on a sponsored build! All masked up for some paint, then some more weathering.

Permalänk
Discokungen

That looks so much better than the Corsair logo though. Can't wait for more updates!

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk
Medlem

Had some time between pumpkins and kids football this weekend to get some modding done. I set off doing the last of the cables 24 pin.. saving the most tedious for last!

Dylan got to work rusting up the case, he did two shades of rusting to give it a weathered look. Now its dry I think it perhaps needs some chipping and some more shadow with some washed out black. He loved the rusting up watching him I think you could spend literally hours lost doing that.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Läckert! Blir spännande att se allt när det är klart!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Armour added still a lot more rusting and degrading to do but heading there at last, son is free tomorrow for the afternoon after football so hoping to get the soft tubes added and a test fill.

Permalänk
Medlem

Adding some Corsair toys to the build today at last, not use the lighting node pro before so keen to see what the link software is like.

Permalänk
Medlem

Testing the LCD backplate for the GPU waterblock one last time before she goes in.

Cool little toy, added some risers to keep the screen away from the backplate, there is a fan which will be blowing air in across that gap so should not have any issues with heat affecting the screen.