Jag fick packet och faktura (23 tusen kronor) för varor som jag inte beställde.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag fick packet och faktura (23 tusen kronor) för varor som jag inte beställde.

Excuse me for writing in English. I'm from Holland and I'm here in Sweden because of my work. I'm still working on my Swedish tho.

Anyway, I received a package and a faktura through klarna for stuff I didn't order.

The package had name, address and number. I even got a message on my phone to pick up the package from the post office.

Most of my purchases are through klarna so I checked my account just to see a faktura of 23 thousands kronor. The stuff I received were computer components.

I contacted klarna and they paused the faktura and said that they will "investigate"! It has been 1 week and i got no response from them. I send another email and still waiting.

What will happened? I'm starting to get worry!

Permalänk
Medlem

@Delux7: you can order stuff on credit with your "person number". Normally it's locked so they only deliver stuff to you registerd home adress.

1. This is a scam - Report to the police
2. talk to the sender and get a return ticket
3. when they get there stuff back you will be able to get Klarna to remove your invoice

EDIT: happed to a relative a few weeks ago. Was stuff from Komplett then.

Visa signatur

| CPU: Intel i7 7700k | RAM: Crucial DDR4 OC @2400mhz 16GB (2x8GB) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC GAMING| Mobo: MSI H110I Pro | SSD: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" SSD | SSD2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD | Nätagg: be quiet! SFX L Power 600W | Kylare: NZXT Kraken X62 | Chassi: Fractal Design Nano S | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Delux7:

Excuse me for writing in English. I'm from Holland and I'm here in Sweden because of my work. I'm still working on my Swedish tho.

Anyway, I received a package and a faktura through klarna for stuff I didn't order.

The package had name, address and number. I even got a message on my phone to pick up the package from the post office.

Most of my purchases are through klarna so I checked my account just to see a faktura of 23 thousands kronor. The stuff I received were computer components.

I contacted klarna and they paused the faktura and said that they will "investigate"! It has been 1 week and i got no response from them. I send another email and still waiting.

What will happened? I'm starting to get worry!

Worst case somebody is trying to order stuff in your name but missed changing the address to his own.

Is the package from a store you bought something from earlier?

Visa signatur

MoB: ROG B450-F Gaming | CPU: R7 3800X | GPU: RTX 3070 8GB | RAM: 2x16GB 3200MHz | SSD: V300 120GB | HD: Kingston A2000 M.2 500GB | Skärm: ASUS PG279Q| T.bord: Vulcan 120 | Mus: No-Name | Högt.: Logitech 5:1 | Chassi: FD Define R3 | PSU: RM750X V2 | CPU kylare: Arctic 34 | Multifunktions Dreamhack-hylla "DH-box" | Galleri DH-Box| Projekt T.E.B | Galleri T.E.B

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Implor:

@Delux7: you can order stuff on credit with your "person number". Normally it's locked so they only deliver stuff to you registerd home adress.

3. when they get there stuff back you will be able to get Klarna to remove your invoice

I believe the person who order the stuff knew my social security number. Because you can order anything if someone knew the social security number. I don't know what the police can do in such a situation.

Skrivet av Henrik-W:

Worst case somebody is trying to order stuff in your name but missed changing the address to his own.

Is the package from a store you bought something from earlier?

No

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Implor:

Personnummer = Social security number in english, for clarification.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Delux7:

I believe the person who order the stuff knew my social security number. Because you can order anything if someone knew the social security number. I don't know what the police can do in such a situation.

The police wont do much. But that will show Klarna and the store that you didnt order the stuff and will be easier for you to get the invoice cancelled. And its always good to report scams to the police.

Visa signatur

ASUS X570-F, AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 16Gb RAM, Gigabyte 2070Super auros

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Mullvaden83:

The police wont do much. But that will show Klarna and the store that you didnt order the stuff and will be easier for you to get the invoice cancelled. And its always good to report scams to the police.

Should i return everything also?!

Permalänk
Medlem

For safety reasons I do recommend blocking unauthorized change of address
Read more & do it here:
https://www.skatteverket.se/servicelankar/otherlanguages/inen...

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Delux7:

Of course. Contact the sender asap! Klarna is just the middle hand taking care of payments.
If the sender takes the order in return, they will also cancel the invoice with Klarna.

I would do that asap, since the scammer probably targeted you since you live abroad. I guess it's easier to try to fetch the package from the "post office" speaking english and showing false ID from another country, I doubt the personel at ICA or COOP are educated enough to know how an actual ID from Holland looks like...

I also guess its way easier for the scammer to play the "Ohh I just moved to Sweden and I ordered this package online, I haven't got any slip to pick up the package, can you search the computer and find the package if I show you my ID?".

Permalänk
Medlem

Ask the store if they have another name/address registered on "your" order, it probably belongs to the fraudster.

Visa signatur

MacBook Pro 14" | M1 Pro 10/16-Core | 32GB | 1TB
Legion Pro 16" | Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB | 1TB | GeForce RTX 3060

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Alpha77:

Personnummer = Social security number in english, for clarification.

I use to say Social security number but I was corrected by an American living in Sweden that it's not comparable. Not everyone have a SSN and is only required after the age of 18 (after 18 it's required for tax reasons). As with the Swedish person number is given at birth.

EDIT: "Personal identity number " might be the most correct translation.
http://sv.bab.la/lexikon/svensk-engelsk/personnummer

Visa signatur

| CPU: Intel i7 7700k | RAM: Crucial DDR4 OC @2400mhz 16GB (2x8GB) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC GAMING| Mobo: MSI H110I Pro | SSD: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" SSD | SSD2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD | Nätagg: be quiet! SFX L Power 600W | Kylare: NZXT Kraken X62 | Chassi: Fractal Design Nano S | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Delux7:

Well yes ofc. Or else you are doing the fraud aswell.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

ASUS X570-F, AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 16Gb RAM, Gigabyte 2070Super auros

Permalänk

Contact the sender, tell them you did not order this and want them to pay for the return.
After all is returned you will get the money back from Klarna.

Also you need to report it to the police.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Why did you go to the Post office and "claim" the delivery? Im guessing you needed to show ID and/or sign. Had you left the delivery at the Post it had been sent back to sender.

I would never "accept" a package if i knew i didnt order anything.
If the Post office or delivery service asks for my ID and or to sign something, i have the right to know who the sender is.

Visa signatur

Skärm: Acer XB271 HU, Keyboard: Corsair k95
Moderkort: Asus Prime-A Z690, GPU: RTX 4080
CPU: Intel i7 13700k, Ram: 32Gb DDR5 6000Hz
Chassi: Lian Li Lancool 3, Högtalare: ALTEC LANSING 5.1 THX
Disk 1: WD 850x 1Tb, Disk 2: WD 850x 2Tb,PSU: Seasonic Prime 1000w

Permalänk
Medlem

@Mullvaden83: This question made me think he's the one scamming. How could he possible think that Klarna would remove his invoice and let him keep the stuff?

Klarna won't do anything until the retailer has confirmed that they got their computer back.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Delux7:

You need to contact the shop that sent the products, do not wait for Klarna to reply, they are only the middle man handling the payment. According to Swedish consumer law, you have the right to return products you've bought online for 14 days (http://www.hallakonsument.se/other-languages/english-engelska...) so if you haven't even ordered the products, the shop must agree to take them back. Do not wait with contacting the shop. If you can't get through on the phone, send them an email so that you have proof that you've contacted them within the 14 days. This can prove important if the case drags on.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Garderoben:

Contact the sender, tell them you did not order this and want them to pay for the return.
After all is returned you will get the money back from Klarna.

Also you need to report it to the police.

I did, they said that they will send me a "Returning label" to send everything back.

Skrivet av Nautilus011:

Why did you go to the Post office and "claim" the delivery? Im guessing you needed to show ID and/or sign. Had you left the delivery at the Post it had been sent back to sender.

If the Post office or delivery service asks for my ID and or to sign something, i have the right to know who the sender is.

I thought it was something I ordered online so I just pick it up.

Skrivet av JeanC:

@Mullvaden83: This question made me think he's the one scamming. How could he possible think that Klarna would remove his invoice and let him keep the stuff?

Klarna won't do anything until the retailer has confirmed that they got their computer back.

Skrivet av kirigoe:

You need to contact the shop that sent the products, do not wait for Klarna to reply, they are only the middle man handling the payment. According to Swedish consumer law, you have the right to return products you've bought online for 14 days (http://www.hallakonsument.se/other-languages/english-engelska...) so if you haven't even ordered the products, the shop must agree to take them back. Do not wait with contacting the shop. If you can't get through on the phone, send them an email so that you have proof that you've contacted them within the 14 days. This can prove important if the case drags on.

They did agree, thank you.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Nautilus011:

Well, if you order a lot of stuff, or even get sent stuff from people, then it isn't strange to collect whatever packages turn up at the Post Office.

I often don't know what it is I collect from the Post Office, always a nice surprise

Skrivet av JeanC:

If that was the case, why post here at all?