Will the release of Sandy Bridge on 11/1 effect prices in Sweden?

Permalänk

Will the release of Sandy Bridge on 11/1 effect prices in Sweden?

I have heard from many people that i should wait to build my PC until after sandy bridge is released to get better prices. However I have also heard that it can take some time before price changes are made in Sweden compared to the states.

What do you guys think, what kind of effect will there be, and how long will it take to go into effect after the 11th?

I am looking at getting a athlon 2 x4 640 i think and was just curious if it is worth waiting.

Permalänk

There are not such of thing in the future, this kind of IT products keeps the price range for months even years, just search around for another old model and check the price evolution by yourself. A big daddy as Intel has as market strategy not down the price but realise new, faster and more attractive products, that's why for example i5 and i5-k (Sandy Bridge) are aimed to same clients in budget, not much difference here about 100 swedish kronors.
Wait for ever my friend... But until that don't hesitate to purchase a new rig, you'll probably satisfied whatever you put on it.

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Since AMD has nothing to match the new i5:s (Sandy Bridge), and the AMD CPU you're looking at doesn't compete with SB, there's no point in waiting.