Permalänk
Medlem

Viking Customs: Atlantis, The Lost Empire

Hey People, It's Torment from Scorpion Mods. :clap:

Started Oktober, And will be finished by May 2014.

Sponsors!

First of all, I would like to say a few things about last project.

Arc Insane Toxic.

Few changes on this project.

*Less random and useless comments from me!
*Better pictures from the start! have the SLR from start :naughty:
*I have a time plan! yay!

This time with my first Scratch Build, and I promise there will be a lot of entertainment :naughty::naughty:

Atlantis, The Lost Empire.

The idea just came to me while i was watching the disney movie "Atlantis, The Lost Empire,
with my little sister. And somehow all the shapes, and signs in that movie really caught my eye.

Also love that movie, really a great movie for kids.

I want to create some unique shapes, and signs along with symbols, some have told me that
the sign that i've been working on lately is called illuminati, tried to google it and okay, maybe
a little. :naughty:

----- Info for the curious ones. ----

The complete shape of this build is not decided yet, but some basic shapes have been decided.

I have not yet taken pictures of the drawings because they not completly done yet.

Hardware is not decided yet, but size is decided. [ ITX ] and the shape of the case is going to be a little cube like.

---- Starting with some pictures! :naughty::naughty: ----

I was luck enough to win some sleeving from E22, Thanks a lot Nate!, Teleios and I most say it
looks amazing, Even more stunning when you see it in real life.

This also gives a good idea oh which colors that will be the theme in this build.

Also I've just had a week off from school, other than participaing in NPF#14 and home LAN
parties I had this done, started out by wanting to do it in aluminium but that was not possible
because of the required gear for what i wanted done.

Next update will be getting more work done on the case skeleton.

Permalänk
Medlem

Update 1.1

Time for an update, worked some more on the frame, got the actual frame done, still need to make the midplate for it.

So i've assembled some of the case, and applied the first round of paint. :naughty: :naughty:

Permalänk
Medlem

English or Swedish?

Hard to see how big the frame is? What's the measurements?

Visa signatur

Regn är snö på sommarn.

Permalänk
Medlem

Really neat concept. I'm expecting shades of blue galore!

Visa signatur

Chassi Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. MB Gigabyte GA-z97M-D3H. CPU Intel Core i5-4670K@4.3GHz. Kylning Phanteks PH-TC14PE BLUE. SSD OCZ-Agility 3 120GB. GPU Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz @1440MHz. RAM 16GB Kingston HyperX blu 1600mhz. PSU Antec High Current Pro 1200W.
Laptop ASUS K55VM, Intel Core i5-3210M, Nvidia GT630M 2GB. 6GB RAM. Samsung 840 250GB SSD.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av sgtspiff:

English or Swedish?

Hard to see how big the frame is? What's the measurements?

I'am danish, but using english becuase I'm not very good at swedish.

Skrivet av nccish:

Really neat concept. I'm expecting shades of blue galore!

The meassurements is not exacly ITX but it's going to be anyway, it's H: 453mm W: 280mm D: 355mm

and yes it's going to have some awesome blue acrylic work

Permalänk
Medlem

Guess what just arrived last night :D?

All the cool stuff from my sponsor Enermax.

I've been testing the sound on the psu and 1 of the fans, and I most say im impressed, the psu and the fan is completely silent.

But here is the goodies!

I am currently working on getting a chance to use the laser cutter so I can some some panel proto types to show, as well for cutting the different shapes and such.

What do you guys think about a scratchbuilded cube?

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift

Nom NOm Looks good :)! WIll follow!

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av trisse23:

Nom NOm Looks good :)! WIll follow!

Thanks mate,

Enjoy! will take some photo's of the fans in the dark later today i think.

Skrivet av Galarix:

Following!
Looks great already!

Thanks mate! hope you guys can see that my photographer skills is improving

Skrivet av RealizeGG:

looks very nice will lollow this :)!

As well thanks to you. really glad people like it.

Permalänk
Medlem

Following!
Looks great already!

Visa signatur

Citera för svar!!

Permalänk

looks very nice will lollow this :)!

Visa signatur

AMD FX-8320 @ 5017 MHz
http://valid.canardpc.com/ppty3p
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 4013 MHz
http://valid.canardpc.com/jwpmni

Permalänk
Medlem

So, today I was supposed to have some panels done, so I had something gorgeous to show, but something happend, somehow the 50A plasma thingy was gone, so he tried with a 70A, and it turned out so bad it's not worth showing. But I hope he will get or find the 50A thingy again. so the panels is a little setback.

But anyway.

So I've promised one of the subscribers that I would
post some pictures of the stuff i got from Enermax in the dark,
so that's what I've done today.

Hope you all will enjoy.

As well, some might already have seen this shared on either one of the many modding groups on facebook or from my page, this is one of the moment's you get then your taking photo's sometimes you get lucky, and from my point of view I was lucky this time.

Permalänk
Medlem

So this time it's what have arrived from Kingston!
some beautiful RAM, I am still waiting for the smithing department,
their kind of slow at the moment, their getting new recruits,
so my cutting of the panels is delayed a little.

also I will now introduce our new logo at scorpion designs!
hope you all enjoy, and what do you think if our new logo?

But enjoy some photos of the beautifull RAM.

Permalänk
Medlem

Update 1.2

This have been expected, and have taken longer than I expected it would,
at the moment i've finally had a chance to progress a little, here is what i've been doing,
this is just a preview, there will be a bigger update soon.

What do you guys think of it? also ended up choosing wood instead of acrylics for the outer panels, the inner will still be acrylics.

Permalänk
Medlem

Working with wood is perfectly fine. Just remember that it can shrink and grow depending on humidity and heat in the room so give it some room to flex and glue it with soft glue not epoxy that cracks.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Arazand:

Working with wood is perfectly fine. Just remember that it can shrink and grow depending on humidity and heat in the room so give it some room to flex and glue it with soft glue not epoxy that cracks.

Thanks for the advice mate, and glad that you've noticed my project

Update 1.3

So, I've worked on the panels, gotten them all to look like i wanted to, popped out the few
pieces that did not fall off easily, and tried to "Assemble" the case to see how it would look, and
frankly, I think it looks pretty cool.

I hope that everyone is pleased to see what it is that i'm doing and hope that you all find it
worthy of the wait that it sometimes is.

Will be working on a new front panel, the one that I had made did not fit! :/

Permalänk

Must say that the wooden panels is looking pretty cool. Love those a bit different projects!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av lanbonden:

Must say that the wooden panels is looking pretty cool. Love those a bit different projects!

Thanks,

You guys are the best forum at the moment, I don't get very much attension at the moment, I'm rather new and unexperienced so people skip or ignore me but hope those of you who sees what I do like it..

To all those who have commented, i'm really honored!

Permalänk
Medlem

This is purely me making a selfish post becuase i feel like it.

Today something terrible happpend, my dog "sisse" is being put asleep at this very moment, it's been my dog for about 10 years, and have been that kind of dog that follows you around, sleeps beside you and in general seems so human, she understood many things that other dogs did not, even her puppy that we have now don't understand but shes always understood, I as a person just don't really know what to do at the moment, things already seem empty.

I hope you all is okay with this selfish post and don't delete it, it means a lot to me.

My heart feels completely pulverized.

Permalänk
Medlem

Minor change on plans and minor update for you folks.

So what have happend since last time?

Few changes

• Everything will be done in plexi

• Changes to the whole design

• Another sponsor joined

So I ended up deciding to go for 100% plexi panels, there is a few reasons for that.

1. plexi in general looks better if you ask me.

2. The effect that I wanted was and is not doable with wood.

So how's the new sponsor?

I present to you guys Icemodz! one of my first sponsors ever.
http://www.icemodz.com/For sponsoring Modding Material in top quality:rock:

So what is it going to look like now? well i'm not completely done with the design of it but here is some sketches.

Permalänk
Medlem

Heey everyone out there!!

Sorry about the silence!

So from last time to now have been pretty silent, I've rendered stuff, made new design and also destroyed my DSLR camera, but I've gotten a new camera and I've taken some photos for you guys, even though it's photos of the part's that there is going to be inside the build I still sincerly hope that you all will enjoy them, I've tried to step up my photographic skills so please leave a comment if you have any advices or anything alike.

So props to Kingston and HyperX for sponsoring me with even more, I had gotten RAM from them and now we agreed on SSD's as well so please enjoy!

Commence Hardware Pron!

I hope that you all enjoyed and please don't hestitate to ask me anything!

I will be proud to present the next update when I have it all ready, cause it's going to be one of the most interesting updates of the skeleton you guys have ever seen, on this thread or on any other.

Permalänk
Medlem

And I'm back on track people!!

Finally we've had some issues but we are back on track and we are going all out.

Here is some teasers for the panels.

Please to present ATLE

I'm sorry for the inactivity that you guys have experienced with me, hope that in the end you will all find it worth it.

I'll keep you guys updated from now on.

Permalänk
Medlem

So a package arrived today. :rock:

It's my pleasure to present the design of ATLE.

At first I just had the urge to make the package explode and just rip the parts out,
but my adulthood ended up telling me to take it slow and document it!

:naughty:

So finally I got it out of the "box" and here is what I found!

At first the front.

Then the side panel (there is 2 of these)

Then we have the top panel and the backpanel.

All the panels except 1 side panel.

And in the end I tested some of the panels just by putting them against the skeleton, since I don't have the mounting mecanism yet.

So the end of the pictures.

So what do you guys think of it so far? I've been delayed and stuff but without taking that in consideration I think it's starting to take shape, well I have the outer shell complete now except for the windows that needs to be cut.

Hope you guys still think it's worth looking at, my photographer skills still aint that good.

:read::read:

Permalänk

It looks really nice, I will definitely follow this project!

Visa signatur

System: Fractal Design R4 | i7 3770 | GTX 660 DC2 | Intel 330 120 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Asus P8Z77 Pro Thunderbolt | Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W | Ducky Mini mx blue | Logitech G300 | Qpad QH90 | Nokia Lumia 925 |

Permalänk
Medlem

I love it. Nuff said.

Visa signatur

CPU: i7-7700K 4,0ghz GPU: Asus strix 1080 gaming 8gb
Mobo: Asus Z270H socket1151
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz HDD: st2 1TB 7200 rpm,
SSD: 1st 525GB Crucial mx300, 1 st 240GB Corsair Force LE PSU: EVGA supernova G2 850w
Skärm: Asus Swift ROG och AOC 32"

Permalänk

It looks great!

Visa signatur

/ Tidigare: Dr.Pez /
Stationär:- Lian Li o11 - Asus B450F Gaming II - Ryzen 9 3900X - Kingston HyperX 3200mhz 4x8GB - Corsair RM750x - RX 6900 XT - Custom Loop -
Bärbar: Dell Latitude 5290
Monitor: Acer X34 + Asus PB278Q Lurar: Sennheiser HD599

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av gamingpandahq:

It looks really nice, I will definitely follow this project!

Skrivet av Dragone:

I love it. Nuff said.

Skrivet av H4nsson:

It looks great!

Thanks a lot guys, it's a good confidence boost to hear such nice words.

Glad that you like it!

Permalänk
Medlem

Todays Update Topic

Assembled!

So the mounting mecanism arrived today, and I finished it as well, making the case complete except for the missing windows, so here it is.

Enjoy

What do you guys think of it so far?

Until next time!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av torment:

Todays Update Topic

Assembled!

So the mounting mecanism arrived today, and I finished it as well, making the case complete except for the missing windows, so here it is.

Enjoy

http://i.imgur.com/s0bSbIJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AuKYM0W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SSJPns3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/USQnKht.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JdkblXs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZdkQzuw.jpg

What do you guys think of it so far?

Until next time!

I do like it alot! The bright blue and white goes hand in hand and all the work on the case itself looks good

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Geiger:

I do like it alot! The bright blue and white goes hand in hand and all the work on the case itself looks good

Thanks man!

Permalänk
Medlem

Yet another minor update.

here is a preview of how the sleeving is going to be arranged!