(ENGLISH Language) Rules of buying.

Permalänk
Medlem

(ENGLISH Language) Rules of buying.

Hey,
My name is Mark, I live in Norrbotten. I speak in english since I don't know swedish YET.
I have some questions. For example if I wanna buy any PC from Stockholm from blocket.se for example - can I pay the money to the courier when he is already at my house with stuff? Because sending money on seller's account (before he will send stuff) without knowledge is it complete or even broken is pretty risky in my opinion. Also what If the seller sent to me perfectly working stuff but it was damaged during the shipping? The company of the courier will pay for that? Every package is insured?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Mark

Permalänk
Skrivet av Retazz:

Hey,
My name is Mark, I live in Norrbotten. I speak in english since I don't know swedish YET.
I have some questions. For example if I wanna buy any PC from Stockholm from blocket.se for example - can I pay the money to the courier when he is already at my house with stuff? Because sending money on seller's account (before he will send stuff) without knowledge is it complete or even broken is pretty risky in my opinion. Also what If the seller sent to me perfectly working stuff but it was damaged during the shipping? The company of the courier will pay for that? Every package is insured?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Mark

There is this thing called "blocketpaketet" https://www.blocket.se/blocketpaketet/blocketpaketet.htm where you pay for the product when you recive it and you then got 24h to controll the product so its ok, and if not return it to the pickup point and get your money back. This way is safer for the buyer but I would never use it as a seller as I risk to lose my product without even geting payed for it. (example is someone taking the lets say graphic card and puting a stone of ~same wieght in the package returning it).

Blocket is over all a place full of people trying to cheat you on cash so I wouldnt buy anything that you cant pickup face to face tbh. Another problem with blocket is that its normaly very expensive.
If you want to buy used stuff I would go with either the market place here at sweclockers (http://www.sweclockers.com/annonser) that I got very good experiance with or Tradera (http://www.tradera.com/) the swedish version of ebay.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av lanbonden:

There is this thing called "blocketpaketet" https://www.blocket.se/blocketpaketet/blocketpaketet.htm where you pay for the product when you recive it and you then got 24h to controll the product so its ok, and if not return it to the pickup point and get your money back. This way is safer for the buyer but I would never use it as a seller as I risk to lose my product without even geting payed for it. (example is someone taking the lets say graphic card and puting a stone of ~same wieght in the package returning it).

Skriver inte allt detta på engelska, men om du läser "frågor och svar" så ser du att säljaren verkar vara skyddad mot de som du beskriver:

Hur gör säljaren för att godkänna returen?
Efter att säljaren hämtat ut returpaketet har säljaren 24 timmar på sig att kontrollera att innehållet i paketet är det samma som skickades till köparen. Om inte säljaren anger att returen inte godkänns återbetalas köpesumman för varan till köparen per automatik efter 24 timmar.
Överensstämmer inte varan med den som tidigare skickats ska säljaren inom 24 timmar efter uthämtning hos paketombud ange att returen inte är godkänd. Köpesumman innehålls då till dess parterna kommit överens om vem som äger rätt att få köpesumman utbetalad till sig. Meddelande om innehållande av köpesumman skickas till båda parter med instruktioner om hur förfarandet ska gå till.

Dold text
Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Retazz:

Hey,
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Mark

That's the risk you take with buying second hand stuff. I would NEVER send a package away without money first seeing as I'm selling, I make the rules.
Obviously, if people aren't okey with it they are free to look elsewhere.

If you use the market here you will need to pay before unless the seller offers pickup.
With Tradera you definitely need to pay before.

Also Blocket.se are a scammers paradise :).

Permalänk
Medlem

Yes, but this is the same way between blocket/SC/tradera - courier questions which I still don't know.
Anyway, I registered on SC to excatly write annons but it says that my account need to be at least 3 months old to write any annons and unfortunately there is no PC to sell in norbotten on SC, I wrote to 2/3 guys from other lands in english (few days ago)and didnt get answer. Maybe they don't know english? I suppose I should try google translator or swedish dictionary and write to them in swedish - but still - even if they answer, I have no idea about those courier-questions post #1.

Permalänk
Skrivet av BraCCa:

Skriver inte allt detta på engelska, men om du läser "frågor och svar" så ser du att säljaren verkar vara skyddad mot de som du beskriver:

Efter att säljaren hämtat ut returpaketet har säljaren 24 timmar på sig att kontrollera att innehållet i paketet är det samma som skickades till köparen. Om inte säljaren anger att returen inte godkänns återbetalas köpesumman för varan till köparen per automatik efter 24 timmar.
Överensstämmer inte varan med den som tidigare skickats ska säljaren inom 24 timmar efter uthämtning hos paketombud ange att returen inte är godkänd. Köpesumman innehålls då till dess parterna kommit överens om vem som äger rätt att få köpesumman utbetalad till sig. Meddelande om innehållande av köpesumman skickas till båda parter med instruktioner om hur förfarandet ska gå till.

Dold text

Visst låter det fantastiskt ända tills du kommer till en situation där både säljaren och köparen hävdar att de har rätt, hur ska blocket då kunna veta vem som har rätt. Det de har att gå på är vikten. Är den oförändrad vid retur så får köparen oftast rätt (enligt trådar man läst av lurade typer) och säljaren har blivit av med både produkt och cash, extra snyggt är det om köparen har filmat en fejk öppning av paketet med stenen i.

Så Nej, tyvärr inget som är säkert för köparen.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Retazz:

Yes, but this is the same way between blocket/SC/tradera - courier questions which I still don't know.
Anyway, I registered on SC to excatly write annons but it says that my account need to be at least 3 months old to write any annons and unfortunately there is no PC to sell in norbotten on SC, I wrote to 2/3 guys from other lands in english (few days ago)and didnt get answer. Maybe they don't know english? I suppose I should try google translator or swedish dictionary and write to them in swedish - but still - even if they answer, I have no idea about those courier-questions post #1.

You won't find people willing to send you the item first, it's ridiculous even to ask that from someone.

The 3 months rule are there so people cannot create accounts to scam with.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Retazz:

For the Courier question it simply depends on what kind of package they send it as and with what courier, most options that you can send as large stuff as computer parts with include both insurance and the option to track the package while its sent. Other then that is it just to hope the courier have a good day and dont threat your package to bad.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Retazz:

One thing to keep in mind - if someone contacts you in English regarding selling/buying it will be considered a scam.

Visa signatur

Raid is not backup

Permalänk
Medlem

I don't want to pay on the seller's account after I get stuff from courier. I want to pay money after taking stuff for the courier and their company will send money to the seller - there is something like that in my country, and I though there is this way also in Sweden. This is safe way for both - buyer/seller in my opinion.

@didn't know that. Then I have to write in swedish since now.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Retazz:

I don't want to pay on the seller's account after I get stuff from courier. I want to pay money after taking stuff for the courier and their company will send money to the seller - there is something like that in my country, and I though there is this way also in Sweden. This is safe way for both - buyer/seller in my opinion.

Thats what "blocketpaket" is and it's not 100% safe which got explained above.

I would never use that pos service. It's exactly like getting money on paypal and then suddenly the person who sent money starts a dispute and you lost your item you sold and the money.

Let's say you do use blocket and the seller agrees to use the service, have fun getting a brick.
You then claim you got a brick, the seller claims otherwise, word on word.

I would recommend you to use Tradera and only buy from sellers who have high ratings.

Permalänk
Medlem

There is no way to pay the courier unless you use postförskott for instance but a seller won't really use that and it usually costs extra. But it doesn't really save you from getting scammed either. Your best bet is to buy something face to face really or just buy from one of the many companies around.

If you are interested in used stuff but still want to buy from reputable sellers here are some alternatives:
https://www.komplett.se/k/kc.aspx?bn=10139&ref=cat-left
http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/datorer_och_tillbehor/fyndvaro...

These are demo-products ... Perhaps not as cheap as you want them etc etc but it is an option non the less.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Demo means it's been opened/used but sent back for whatever reason.

Permalänk
Medlem

Yes I got it now. Thanks for all the answers.
@offtop, looks like I need to wait some long-time since I'd like to get ~i5 4670k & not-reference gtx 770.

Permalänk
99:e percentilen
Skrivet av FoxOne:

One thing to keep in mind - if someone contacts you in English regarding selling/buying it will be considered a scam.

Skrivet av Retazz:

If someone writes to me in Google Translated Swedish, I'd almost certainly dismiss it as a scam. Google Translate usually cannot produce an acceptable Swedish translation, so English is probably a better choice.

Visa signatur

Skrivet med hjälp av Better SweClockers

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Alling:

If someone writes to me in Google Translated Swedish, I'd almost certainly dismiss it as a scam. Google Translate usually cannot produce an acceptable Swedish translation, so English is probably a better choice.

Sadly all the blocket scammers who write in English have probably ruined his chance ;P

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Retazz:

Yes I got it now. Thanks for all the answers.
@offtop, looks like I need to wait some long-time since I'd like to get ~i5 4670k & not-reference gtx 770.

Personally hardly uses places like Blocket myself for trading smaller stuff or buying things.
The risk for getting into mistakes as I seeing it is always higher than if bring it home from a Swedish store online. Then I'm assured its in good new shape when it arrives with the postman or at the post-office where I can pick it up. When buying new electronics online it also usually comes with warranty for the future, something to forget when dealing with used items from other users. Great help to have if something happens.

Recommending checking out following site if haven't done it yet, shows visually in live very well the price-range between lots of products on the market. Haven't been any delays from what I've seen so far and one of the best pages I know in keeping an eye upon if interested to get stuff for a fair price. You able to make your own list of items, having triggered price guards, delivering by e-mail etc. Very nice!

http://www.prisjakt.nu/

Intel i5 4670K?...Have you noticed there's a new performer on stage??? "i5 4690K"

Skrivet av UnknownError:

Sadly all the blocket scammers who write in English have probably ruined his chance ;P

To not mentioning all the dozens of spammers saying hello in the inbox.

Always caught on their accent...

Permalänk
Medlem

Yea, I know about the i5 4690k, but chance of getting 4670k is much higher since its simply more of it.
Maybe when GTX 800series will appear, there is a chance to get 4670k/90k with gtx 770/780/r9 290 because now - its impossible in Norrbotten and very hard to get in whole Sweden.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Retazz:

Hey,
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Mark

Hi Mark,

Call some of the different freight companies, UPS, DHL etc and ask if they provide COD services. It will probably cost a little extra than the normal transport but I assume you are willing to pay for it.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Retazz:

Yea, I know about the i5 4690k, but chance of getting 4670k is much higher since its simply more of it.
Maybe when GTX 800series will appear, there is a chance to get 4670k/90k with gtx 770/780/r9 290 because now - its impossible in Norrbotten and very hard to get in whole Sweden.

Wasn't that long time ago since they were released so can imagine that might be possible, though haven't checked with any local stores. If ordering 4690/4790K online I think they should be available from anywhere by now but that's the bigger stores online then you'll find in the link. I'm looking to get one of these myself for a new rig later on this year but will see if the price may drop a bit closer to the fall.

Hopefully it'll, fingers crossed they said to be 10-15% better performers than the earlier replacements.

Wish you good luck with your search!

Permalänk
Festpilot 2020, Antiallo
Skrivet av FoxOne:

Skrivet av Retazz:

Skrivet av Alling:

I totally agree with Alling (a guy I've actually met IRL through the SweClockers Marketplace).

Much rather a well formulated message in English rather than a crappy translation, just make sure you (ThreadCreator) clarify your situation to the seller and why you write in English.
I have no issue buying or selling to proper buyers, whether it's a scammer or not, I'll not judge through which language is used.
(Also, Metallic Acid, a well-regarded member and modder here on sweclockers write all his adverts here on Sweclockers in English, he's a nice guy although I haven't actually bought something from him).

Visa signatur

| PM:a Moderatorerna | Kontaktformuläret | Geeks Discord |
Testpilot, Skribent, Moderator & Geeks Gaming Huvudadmin

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av lekman:

Hi Mark,

Call some of the different freight companies, UPS, DHL etc and ask if they provide COD services. It will probably cost a little extra than the normal transport but I assume you are willing to pay for it.

Thank You, this is what I was looking for!
COD service - cash on delivery. Thanks mate.

@edit: btw. how is "COD - Cash On Delivery" called in swedish to explain to the seller what type of package I would like to get?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Retazz:

Thank You, this is what I was looking for!
COD service - cash on delivery. Thanks mate.

No problem and good luck.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av BraCCa:

Dold text
Skrivet av lanbonden:

Visst låter det fantastiskt ända tills du kommer till en situation där både säljaren och köparen hävdar att de har rätt, hur ska blocket då kunna veta vem som har rätt. Det de har att gå på är vikten. Är den oförändrad vid retur så får köparen oftast rätt (enligt trådar man läst av lurade typer) och säljaren har blivit av med både produkt och cash, extra snyggt är det om köparen har filmat en fejk öppning av paketet med stenen i.

Så Nej, tyvärr inget som är säkert för köparen.

blocketpaket, Payson, Internet giro (everything is the same shit) is just a service that fools one into a false sense of security and then you pay (not much) for it too!
It "may" be a way to get rid of the "beginners / those who do not know much about these services" fraudsters and they "may" then choose to not sell the goods / says that it is already sold if the buyer wants too use these services.
But those more experienced/skilled fraudsters unfortunately know that these services are a pure bluff and thus fooled the buyer into a false sense off security.

In one blocket ad i sold one thing (for 500:-) and the buyer wanted too use internetgirot (which is what blocketpaket uses) ok i said, the buyer paid i sent the package and according too the post it weighed 1,2kg (and the thing in the packgae weighed 0,9kg and was obviously in the pakage), the buyer gets the package and the day after tells internetgirot that i sent an empty package and gets his money back.
I demand he send the "empty" package back too me and he agree if i pay for the shimpment which i do (the shipment is now lower then when i sent it and also weighed only 0,3kg).
So i send that info in too internetgirot as it is very obvious in both weight and shipment price that something clearly have been taken out off the package internetgirot never responeded too any of my many emails and clearly do not give a fuck about me and my evidence.

Other people that have gotten fooled when using blocketpaket/internetgirot/payson/etc have maild and mostly they get no answers but if they do they answer with something like "we do not get involved in customers buisnesses and you have too solve any dispute on your own" or "come back when you have won the court case and we get you your money".
And it is not only sellers that gets taken for a ride it is almost 33%/33%/33% if they belive the buyer,the seller or simply keeps the money untill al is resolved (meaning court) and when they have decided something it is only the court/police that is left as an option.

COD does exist for some companys.
Posten.se have "postförskott" bussgods.se have "Efterkrav" dhl.se did have similar service but i can not find anything about that now so they may have stoped that, schenker and ups do not have anything like this (for posten/bussgods/dhl you have too go to a delivery point to be able too get and pay for your package meaning no home delivery).

The problem with any of posten/bussgods and dhl if they still offer COD is that you have too pay before opening any package and if it happens too be a stone instead off a 20000:- laptop inside the package you do NOT get any money back from them.
See http://www.bussgods.se/pages.asp?PageID=694&MenuID=645

Citat:

- Jag har köpt en grej på nätet som är skickat med efterkrav, får jag titta på den innan jag betalar?

Nej, efterkravet måste betalas innan du får sändningen i din hand. Om det du beställt är fel eller inte motsvara det du kommit överens med säljaren om, är det en sak mellan dig och säljaren. Bussgods är endast transportör.

And google translate.

Citat:

- I bought a thing on the net that is sent with the following requirements, I may look at it before I pay?

No, the requirement must be paid before you receive the consignment in your hand. If you ordered is wrong or does not correspond to what you have agreed with the seller, it is a matter between you and the seller. Bussgods is only conveyor.

Posten does have similar rules and dhl did have also have similar meaning this does not really solve the problem.
And one big downside for postens postförskott is that you have too have a postgiro account too be able too use postförskott (COD) and such account is NOT free there is a monthly cost (NOT cheap either) and then they take a % (do not remember how much % but it was quite high) of all money going trough the account.

All in all there is NO service in sweden that helps you in any way when it comes too delaing with buying/selling stuff over the internet in te best case scenarios some services could get the first time and witouth any knowledge scammers too back off.
In all other scenarios they do nothing at all besides charge the seller/buyer for the pleasure of using the service=you are equally safe using regular bank transfers and shipments.
And if the banktransfer/regular shipment option is too unsafe there is only two options left and that is too meet and pay/get the stuff personaly.
OR send another person to the seller/buyer for the meet, but the safety on this option depends off how much you can trust the person you sent and then in two ways 1, do you trust them with your money? 2, do you trust that they can check the stuff you bought for faults,specifikations,that the seller does give them what you really bought?

Visa signatur

Nu när vi betalar för det!
Glöm inte bort att slänga alla plastpåsar i vattnet!

Skit nätagg (som inte alltid=med billigt) är enbart till för dom rika som har råd att byta ut allt när (inte OM utan NÄR) det dör!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av FoxOne:

Well that's kinda bullshit. I had an iPad on sale, got a sms in English from a buyer. A few text back and forth and the iPad were sold, buyer picked it up one hour later.

However doing business in English will be a lot harder, and if you are not willing to meet them face to face then you should not really blame them if they are afraid to get scammed. But that does not mean that everyone is out to get you.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tino:

Well that's kinda bullshit. I had an iPad on sale, got a sms in English from a buyer. A few text back and forth and the iPad were sold, buyer picked it up one hour later.

However doing business in English will be a lot harder, and if you are not willing to meet them face to face then you should not really blame them if they are afraid to get scammed. But that does not mean that everyone is out to get you.

Not bullshit, have you missed all the posts about buyers from england that are scammers? The scammers will obviosly not meet face to face.

Permalänk
Medlem

It's simple really. If you're buying second hand electronics, make sure you buy face 2 face. There is NO WAY to gurantee that you won't get scammed buying something in any other way than face 2 face, and even then you can't be 100% sure unless you know what to look for and how to properly test the product.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

LG OLED77CX • Intel i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz • Noctua NH-D15 • ASUS Strix Z490-H • Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz • GIGABYTE RTX 4080 • Phanteks Evolv X • Corsair RM 850W V2