Permalänk
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av criscros:

hey man! Just wanted to chime in and tell you about your superb quality and detail you put into every part you mod Very nice !

BR chris

Thank you Criscros! Very nice of you to say, and nice for me to read too

Skrivet av Dragon_Ball:

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.10
Random images of everything I am working on at the same time

Hey guys and girls!
It has been a few weeks since my last update, and I am sorry for the delay. I had some time off with my family over Xmas and New Years, and have been at home with my daughter who was to sick for preschool. But now I have an update

This update is all about randomness. I have been working on all of these little odd jobs, and details which certainly go toward making this PC truly unique. I am in the final stages of cutting, drilling, sanding and filing, and have now almost completed the painting of all fabricated panels. I have not had time to properly document everything as I usually do as I am wanting to finish this project, and start on my next project using In Win's S-Frame.

Some updates on hardware being used in this project: Asus Strix GTX970 4GB and Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866mhz 16GB (4x4GB). They are being painted and modded to match the design accordingly

Free standing GPU.

The sexy RAM before modification.

Strix painted GPU shroud with some custom metal detail work. More to come with this in future update.

I still have some surprises to come, so I hope everyone is still invested in this project!!

BTW, this is something that I have in store for the next upcoming project:

With best wishes,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Permalänk
Medlem

Amazing, as always! I was a bit negative when you posted the pics of the leather inside the case but now its turning out to be a very unique and clean build. Very inspiring indeed! Can't wait for this to be finished so you can start building in the S-frame. (But of course I'm looking forward to seeing this finished product too!)
Cheers!

Permalänk
Medlem

That white paintet Strix looks amazing. On the other hand, the S-frame is one of the most amazing chassis in the world also.

I am really looking forward for these builds!

Permalänk
Medlem

nice update on an amazing build!

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte 1070, MSI B350M MORTAR, Crucial 16GB, Samsung EVO 500GB, Define Mini C, Corsair RM550x (╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av bmawn:

Amazing, as always! I was a bit negative when you posted the pics of the leather inside the case but now its turning out to be a very unique and clean build. Very inspiring indeed! Can't wait for this to be finished so you can start building in the S-frame. (But of course I'm looking forward to seeing this finished product too!)
Cheers!

Thank you sir! I am glad to hear that I have turned you into a believer

Skrivet av Nex3r:

That white paintet Strix looks amazing. On the other hand, the S-frame is one of the most amazing chassis in the world also.

I am really looking forward for these builds!

No pressure, haha! Thanks mate!

Skrivet av Marticus:

nice update on an amazing build!

Thank you! I have another quick updates coming hopefully later tonight.. Hopefully!

Skrivet av Corsair Johan:

Du slutar aldrig att överraska Justin, keep it up!

Well just my way of saying thank you to the sponsors, including Corsair

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.11
Crazy randomness just before the project is completed.

Hello everyone! Well I have been hard at work again trying to put the finishing touches on the last details of my Redefined project. A photo bomb is coming your way, and I will try my best to explain what is going on for each image

In the time that I have been modding, I have come to realise that the devil is in the details. I am trying to make all of these little details "pop" and stand out, or blend in so that I have a uniform and strong design.

Hope you enjoy!

Here I remade the panel which sits beside the motherboard. The design will have holes for the 24pin, 8pin GPU and SSD.

This is the custom PCIE riser support which is pop riveted onto the bottom panel.

The custom back panel in primer.

This PCIE riser has green PCB and blue isolating tape. This was fixed by painting the PCB and using black electrical tape to cover up the blue tape.

SSD installed.

Front panel button cables which enter through a hole behind the motherboard, and come out to be connected up.

Here you can see that I have routed the excessively long H100i USB cable underneath the armour of the Z97 Gryphon. The end of the cable is covered in black electrical tape, but turned out looking like rubbish.

New back panel is installed and motherboard IO is painted. This is the main support for the GPU, which directly screws onto this plate. The back panel is finished with black countersunk screws.

Painting the thumb screws black which belong to the H100i.

An overview image of the installation thus far.

I will be building the rest of Redefined tomorrow, which means that I will hopefully have some final images for you by the end of this week. Also, do you think that I should install LEDs?

Thanks for reading guys and girls

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

no leds for me

Visa signatur

*Define S Black *MSI X99S SLI PLUS *i7-5960X *Corsair 1000W *Ripjaws 32GB 3000MHz *GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming *Kingston 240gb SSD *Crucial 1TB SSD *Asus ROG SWIFT *Custom vatten loop

Permalänk
Medlem

A small lightbox in the top with a couple of LED's so you can view the handiwork in the dark. But its seems a bit cramped, as long as we dont have to see the light sources/i.e the LED's then you should be fine.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Good job man! Nice way to sneak in the usb-cable without any real visability.
The cable-holes will be really interesting to see how they turn out.

As for leds, if you can cramp in some subtle lighting without it showing or being too bright then go for it, otherwise don't imho.

Can't wait for final updates.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av HampZZ:

no leds for me

Thanks for the input.

Skrivet av Arazand:

A small lightbox in the top with a couple of LED's so you can view the handiwork in the dark. But its seems a bit cramped, as long as we dont have to see the light sources/i.e the LED's then you should be fine.

Of course, I had thought of using aluminium L profile to attach and hide them.

Skrivet av willeykk:

Good job man! Nice way to sneak in the usb-cable without any real visability.
The cable-holes will be really interesting to see how they turn out.

As for leds, if you can cramp in some subtle lighting without it showing or being too bright then go for it, otherwise don't imho.

Can't wait for final updates.

Cheers, I just wish they made their USB cable like 1m shorter. I really don't like the H100i because of the rats nest of cables it has. Still debating the LEDs though

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Put in a normal light bulb=) warmer light that will fit the build better than the LED

Visa signatur

*Define S Black *MSI X99S SLI PLUS *i7-5960X *Corsair 1000W *Ripjaws 32GB 3000MHz *GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming *Kingston 240gb SSD *Crucial 1TB SSD *Asus ROG SWIFT *Custom vatten loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.12
Further progress on final touches.

Why G'day folks!

Just another quick update to show you some sponsored Corsair Dominator White 1866mhz 16GB RAM, and some custom metal panels on the ASUS Strix GTX970! Enjoy

Plastidipped Corsair Platinum RAM, which had a final coat of normal white paint to match the rest of the repainted chassis:

And the custom metal plates, plus an engraved badge which says Redefined. The badge has been further engraved and now sports a deeper and more detailed logo. More images of this coming soon

Now silly me forgot to take my camera to work today, so I couldn't document anything that I had done. I promise to take the camera tomorrow, and get some shots of the current progress before I continue. I plan on having the PC complete before this weekend

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you all in the next update. Please feel free to let me know what you think!!

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av HampZZ:

Put in a normal light bulb=) warmer light that will fit the build better than the LED

Haha, it would get too hot though.. Maybe a steampunk build perhaps?

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Make it so the leds can turn on and off if you put any in it!

Visa signatur

En gammal cpu från AMD. Ett par äldre grafikkort i Cross-Fire. En del minne. Gamla slö-diskar. Antik nätdel. En ok kylare. Ett nedsuttet chassi. En del fungerande tillbehör.
Ett moderkort som brann upp. Ytterligare CPU och GPU från AMD. Mer minne. En SSD och ett par hårddiskar. En nyare PSU.

Permalänk
Konsolgrävare

looking forward to the end results! Looks great so far!

Visa signatur

Vardagsrum📺: Rotel RC-1590 | Rotel RB-1590 | Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE | LG OLED65CX | PlayStation 5 | Nintendo Switch OLED | Xbox Series X | Steam Deck 512GB | Nvidia Shield TV Pro | Panasonic DP-UB820 |

Laptop💻: Lenovo Legion 7 | RTX 3080 | Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB | 1TB | 27GR95QE-B OLED 240Hz | Sennheiser PC38X |

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Laccy:

Make it so the leds can turn on and off if you put any in it!

Thank you for the suggestion I have opted to go without LEDs, as the RAM lights up, giving just enough glow

Skrivet av tyvar1:

looking forward to the end results! Looks great so far!

Thank you mate! I have now finished the project and will be posting final images very soon!

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.13
My lucky number, and final update!

Hello my friends!

In this update, I am proud to present to you the posting of the Redefine project, and the final photoshoot of this beastly machine. I am very happy and sad to see this project complete as I have had a blast working with this chassis, all the products and various materials. I cannot say that everything went problem free though as I had some driver issues and software problems to deal with which took 3 days of my life, wasted on trying to get this system up and running.

I am happy to report that everything is now working perfectly, and I have installed Windows 10 Preview and played a few rounds of Battlefield Hardline.! BTW if anyone wants to have a match on BF4 or BFH please add me at metallicacid_01

But before I get on with the image onslaught, I would like to take this moment to thank my sponsors who have giving their time and products to make this project come to life. Without your support, I would not be able to create these projects that I love to create! Thank you to:

Inet
Corsair
ASUS
Ultimate Personal Computer
Dremel

So firstly I want to show you some awesome custom engraving made by the owner of this project, Jens. He is magical

Some of the cable routing from behind to the front:

White painted Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM installed:

Redefined H100i hotwired to another PSU as I didn't have a second SATA power cable handy.. And the machine posting:

Jens working on some more engravings, and a Corsair badge be made:

Final images taken on location where I work, and modded:

Final images at home in the kitchen

I really hope that you all have enjoyed this projects' build log, and the finished resulting PC. It has been a pleasure working on the chassis, and having all of you joining me once again in creating another custom project!

For those of you wanting to know what is next, I have a few projects in the works, and hope to start with a personal HTPC project right away. Once I have some more confirmed information, I will set up a build log and inform you all where you can find me

That is it for now, and thank you for following. I hope to see you again in the next project!!

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Really Neat build Justin!! looks great!
How´s the S-Frame going?
more fun to look at this smaler builds do.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey again everyone! I have just put up the official gallery for this project. Please give it a rate

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk

One word, incredible....

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av HampZZ:

Really Neat build Justin!! looks great!
How´s the S-Frame going?
more fun to look at this smaler builds do.

Cheers mate! The S-Frame is on hold again until I can find someone that wants this project

Skrivet av Crozzfajor:

One word, incredible....

Awesome!! Thank you for checking out my project

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow, I'm lost for words how impressed I am.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Arazand:

Wow, I'm lost for words how impressed I am.

Thank you Arazand!

/J

Permalänk
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Corsair Johan:

Riktigt fint Justin, tack!

Cheers Johan!!

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey guys!

Just letting you know that I have started a new project, which can be found here http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356949

Please come and watch

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Hey Justin! Where did you get your PCI riser? I'm thinking of incorporating one in my upcoming build, but I know very little about them... Do they affect performance?