r9 290 TRI-X from service.

Permalänk
Medlem

r9 290 TRI-X from service.

Hey,
First, forgive me for not using a swedish language.
I had this problem with my GPU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomL1oysVXs
Unfortunately the problem was not gone when I put the pieces of rubber under scruvs so I decided to send it on warranty.
Now my card is back and I'm 90% sure it is a new card because the serial numbers etc. are diffrent from my "old" 290 and it has a plastic bag protection on the tri-x cooler. It also smells like a new card, not used. The inside of this card is totally clean, no dust etc. Also the boxes had sapphire's plombs so they was not opened. I now just opened it to check the graphic card is it working - it is. Can it be true that they have send me a new card when the problem with me "old" one was seriously low?

Permalänk
Hjälpsam

In general Graphic cards are very rarley repaired, they are replaced.

If there is something wrong with your old, you will 99% of the times get a newone.

Visa signatur

Allt jag säger/skriver här är mina egna åsikter och är inte relaterade till någon organisation eller arbetsgivare.

Jag är en Professionell Nörd - Mina unboxing och produkttester (Youtube)
Om du mot förmodan vill lyssna på mig - Galleri min 800D med 570 Phantom SLI

Permalänk
Medlem

and also is this normal that I have not any confirmation/info, no document at all with the card?

Permalänk
Medlem

Which retailer is it? They usually provide some sort of information on actions taken (Such as issuing a replacement card) during RMAs, either by email/SMS/phone or via your account on their homepage - are you sure there's no such info? But there's not really any point in guessing here, why don't you just call them and ask?

Permalänk
Medlem

I recently sent a motherboard back that was faulty. And efter a few days I got a new one back, no report from the service department or anything. But I too noticed a new serial number etc.

It is odd that you don't get a report of the troubleshooting, decision to replace it or anything. But apparently some retailers just replace it right away.

Visa signatur

Cooler Master MasterCase 5 || Asrock X99M Extreme4 || i7-6800K || Antec KÜHLER H1200 PRO || 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 3000MHz || Samsung 840 EVO 1TB || Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 || Antec 620w High Current Gamer

3 st HP LP2475w || Logitech G710+ || Razer Diamondback

Permalänk

Its often cheaper to replace an electronic device than repair it

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av Retazz:

and also is this normal that I have not any confirmation/info, no document at all with the card?

I have never recieved any kind of document while sending in computer parts for repair. I have either got a new one right in the hand in the store or i have got a new product sent back in the mail. If you have a working card now everything is fine and you should be happy

Permalänk
Medlem

Well, I sent my GPU to komplett.se because there is my card from, and to which service they have sent the GPU - no idea. There is just one new sticker on the sapphire's box with batch nr, prod. nr, mrf. part nr, and at the end it says ASRET 177. No more info at all.
Anyway, thanks for all answers guys.

Permalänk

Hi,

A GFX is a "if it doesn't work, give the customer a new one and send the defect one to the manufacture" - kind of part, like most of the components. From Komplett you should have gotten an email saying something like "We have found your GFX to be defect and a new replacement-card is sent to you" to the email you have registered with your account with them.

Permalänk
Medlem

Well, maybe they did, but not on my adress because on the kvitto there is not my name etc. I have bought this card from the real owner.