Geforce Experience and Linux

Permalänk
Medlem

Geforce Experience and Linux

Hello Luke!

I would like you to shed some light onto this subject. Linux is a growing platform for gaming and is growing faster than ever because of projects like Steam on Linux and I would like to hear more about your work on the Linux platform to help it grow.

"Geforce Experience" is one feature that made me love my GTX 980 purchase even more because of the simplicity to work with recordings and this is one of those things that I would greatly miss by going to a Linux only based system (dual booting is "fine", but it's frustrating to have to jump between installations just because some feature is missing on the other OS).

Will you release Geforce Experience for Linux? And if you do, how is the progress for it? As in, how far may the update have come on the way?

Förtydligande / Edited question to avoid confussion
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Sandip Posted 08/14/2014 10:04 AM:

We[Nvidia] do not have plans, at this moment, to release GeForce Experience on Linux.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/612745/geforce-exper...

Though i heard rumors about Nvidia and some new things for GForce, think it was on phoronix.com

Visa signatur

Arch - Makepkg, not war -||- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master -||- GSkill 64GiB DDR4 14-14-15-35-1T 3600Mhz -||- AMD 5900x-||- Gigabyte RX6900XT -||- 2x Adata XPG sx8200 Pro 1TB -||- EVGA G2 750W -||- Corsair 570x -||- O2+ODAC-||- Sennheiser HD-650 -|| Boycott EA,2K,Activision,Ubisoft,WB,EGS
Arch Linux, one hell of a distribution.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Loyen_:

Hello Luke!

I would like you to shed some light onto this subject. Linux is a growing platform for gaming and is growing faster than ever because of projects like Steam on Linux and I would like to hear more about your work on the Linux platform to help it grow.

"Geforce Experience" is one feature that made me love my GTX 980 purchase even more because of the simplicity to work with recordings and this is one of those things that I would greatly miss by going to a Linux only based system (dual booting is "fine", but it's frustrating to have to jump between installations just because some feature is missing on the other OS).

Will you release Geforce Experience for Linux? And if you do, how is the progress for it? As in, how far may the update have come on the way?

I'll certainly raise you suggestions with the GFE team. Although I can't confirm future GFE features/OS support right now. Sorry!