Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Origami

Hello everybody, and welcome to yet another of my modded projects! I would like to introduce you to my project named "Origami" which features the exclusive In Win S-Frame chassis.

The name Origami is inspired by the way this single 2m long, 4mm thick aluminium plate has been folded 15 times to give this unique chassis it's form. There is no floor or roof, and tempered glass panels which really set this chassis aside from most all other PC enclosures on the market today. I felt that I would take on the challenge of modding this chassis to enhance its design in typical MetallicAcid style, complete with brushed aluminium panels, and a full custom water cooled loop with hardline tubing.

Definition of "Origami" according to Dictionary.com:
[awr-i-gah-mee]
noun, plural origamis for 2.
The traditional Japanese art or technique of folding paper into a variety of
decorative or representational forms, as of animals or flowers.

Hardware:
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k
GPU - 2x ASUS GTX980 Ti Strix 6GB
Chassis - In Win S-Frame
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S
PSU - SilverStone ST1200-G Evolution
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz 16GB (4x4GB)
SSD - Kingston Predator PCIE SSD 240GB
Water cooling - Bitspower

Performed mods:
-Painted chassis
-Fabricated custom radiator holder for backside
-Mounted reservoir under motherboard
-Fabricated custom back panel which also acts as radiator cover
-Created custom water loop with pass through fitting to connect front loop to back side
-Sleeved PSU and chassis cables
-Removed anodizing on various S-Frame parts
-Applied custom designed vinyl decals
-Designed custom GPU backplates

Thank you to all of my sponsors who have contributed to making this project a reality, as it has been extremely fun to work on!! I love the end results!

Please enjoy!

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Featured on 9gag with 5000+ upvotes :'D HAHA
http://9gag.com/gag/aVPYOj8/-origami-by-metallicacid

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

Oh boi, what a monster.... 5/5

Visa signatur

Denon AH-D5000 | Sennheiser HD-650
Aune X1S DAC |

Permalänk
Medlem

Det här måste ju vara något av det snyggaste som gjorts..

Visa signatur

- R5 5600X | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080 | ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I | NZXT H1 -

Permalänk
Medlem

5/5 Perfektion

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare
Permalänk

Vilken skönhet en klar femma

Permalänk
Medlem

I want that computer! What a beast, mate

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Väldigt snyggt och stilrent! Det här bygget ska du vara stolt över!

Permalänk

ooo yäää, fy fan va snyggt! 5/5

Visa signatur

2x Xeon E5 2697 v3 | 64GB | 6700 XT

Permalänk

really cool 5/5!

Permalänk
Medlem

du bör skicka in detta som ett bidrag i "PC Wars"
TechSource Youtube

Klart 5 poäng!!

Permalänk

The best In-Win S-Frame build I've ever seen. Really nice work!!

Visa signatur

[| Singularity | X99-Delxe | 5930K @ 4.4GHz | 2x 980 SLI @ 1,5GHz / Memory @ 8GHz | 16GB RAM @ 2666MHz | 500GB SSD (Boot) / 120GB SSD / 2TB HDD |]

[| Watercooling | 2x 480 Alphacool Monstas | Koolance 380I | 2x 980 EK-WB Acetal&Nickel w/ Backplates | EK Tube Res | Alphacool D5 w/ Top | Acrylic Tubing |]

[| Album | http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/13427-singularity |]

Permalänk

Wow.... How much did this beauty cost?

Permalänk

Som showpeice och utställningsföremål nått av det snyggaste jag sett. Men hur är det med damm i det chassit?

Permalänk
Medlem

Mind = blown

Permalänk
Medlem

Snyggt

Visa signatur

Phanteks P400s | Asus B-350 Strix |Ryzen 1600X @4 Ghz
G.skill 16GB 3.6Ghz CL16 Trident Z RGB | FD Celsius S36
Samsung 960EVO 500GB |Corsair RM750x | Asus Vega 56 Strix

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hello everybody, and welcome to yet another of my modded projects! I would like to introduce you to my project named "Origami" which features the exclusive In Win S-Frame chassis.

The name Origami is inspired by the way this single 2m long, 4mm thick aluminium plate has been folded 15 times to give this unique chassis it's form. There is no floor or roof, and tempered glass panels which really set this chassis aside from most all other PC enclosures on the market today. I felt that I would take on the challenge of modding this chassis to enhance its design in typical MetallicAcid style, complete with brushed aluminium panels, and a full custom water cooled loop with hardline tubing.

Definition of "Origami" according to Dictionary.com:
[awr-i-gah-mee]
noun, plural origamis for 2.
The traditional Japanese art or technique of folding paper into a variety of
decorative or representational forms, as of animals or flowers.

Hardware:
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k
GPU - 2x ASUS GTX980 Ti Strix 6GB
Chassis - In Win S-Frame
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S
PSU - SilverStone ST1200-G Evolution
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz 16GB (4x4GB)
SSD - Kingston Predator PCIE SSD 240GB
Water cooling - Bitspower

Performed mods:
-Painted chassis
-Fabricated custom radiator holder for backside
-Mounted reservoir under motherboard
-Fabricated custom back panel which also acts as radiator cover
-Created custom water loop with pass through fitting to connect front loop to back side
-Sleeved PSU and chassis cables
-Removed anodizing on various S-Frame parts
-Applied custom designed vinyl decals
-Designed custom GPU backplates

Thank you to all of my sponsors who have contributed to making this project a reality, as it has been extremely fun to work on!! I love the end results!

Please enjoy!

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Besök galleriet här

whats the things that keep the cabels sorted? the plastic things

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Thank you so much everybody for the awesome comments and the ratings!! It is very warming to know that there are many others who are enjoying Origami as much as I am! Thank you once again!!!

Skrivet av Xeizz86:

du bör skicka in detta som ett bidrag i "PC Wars"
TechSource Youtube

Klart 5 poäng!!

Thank you for the idea, I will check him out and try to remember to send in an application.

Skrivet av J.Hilleskog:

Wow.... How much did this beauty cost?

I did a rough calculation and all in all, it would have cost around 50000kr, including for the paint job and materials used.

This said though, I am very fortunate to be sponsored with these high end parts due to my passion for modding, quick completion time for each project, and am very active on social media, so my costs are very minimal at best.

I personally paid 6000kr for the materials and painting and small bits and pieces to make this project happen.

Skrivet av RazerEdge:

Som showpeice och utställningsföremål nått av det snyggaste jag sett. Men hur är det med damm i det chassit?

Cheers again Dust will always be a problem with an open air chassis. Thank goodness for air in a can! I also have some magnetic 360mm dust filters on both sets of 3 fans for easier cleaning too.

Skrivet av Fac31:

whats the things that keep the cabels sorted? the plastic things

Those combs are anodized aluminium combs which are purchased from Gosumodz.

Next project will be to complete the Define S project then I will post up an album here for all to see, then start on the new Corsair project featuring the all new 600C and ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Z170 with Plasma Orange highlights and own DAC + 2x GTX980Ti Strix

/J

Permalänk

Hi Justin,
very nice as always, but i think this must be your best build so far.
Teknikporr!!!!!

5/5

Visa signatur

Lian Li O11 Dynamic | i9 9900KS @5GHz | Aorus Master Z390 | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB LED Pro 3200MHz | NZXT Kraken X72 | Gigabyte RTX 3080 OC | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000w | Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB | Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Asus Swift PG279Q IPS G-Sync | Ducky One 2 SF MX Red RGB | Philips Fidelio X1 | V-MODA BoomPro | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av xxxPaladinxxx:

Hi Justin,
very nice as always, but i think this must be your best build so far.
Teknikporr!!!!!

5/5

Thank you! My fav is still Elegance though, and I am really keen to do another Metis project again very soon

/J

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Wow!!!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av anon41947:

Thank you for looking and commenting Robert!

/J

Permalänk
Snusfri

Snuskigt porrigt, älskar de böjda rören till vattenkylningen.

Visa signatur

WS: i9 13900K - 128GB RAM - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - LG C2 42" - W11 Pro
LAPTOP 1: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650
LAPTOP 2: Acer Swift 3 - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
SERVER: i5 10400F - 64GB RAM - 44TB HDD
NALLE: Pixel 7 Pro

Permalänk
Medlem

Har en dator för hur mycket pengar som helst. Sitter i (vad som ser ut som) en billig IKEA stol.. xd

Visa signatur

CPU: i7-6700K | GPU: GTX 1050Ti | RAM: 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HDD: 2TB | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Tangentbord: Varmilo VA69M V3 | Mus: Zowie FK12 | Mikrofon: Blue Yeti Blackout | Hörlurar: Astro A40 | DAC/Amp: FiiO E10K, Astro MixAmp Pro TR | Skärm: BenQ XL2720Z | TV: Samsung 65" LED 4K TV | ASUS VG248QE

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av THB:

Snuskigt porrigt, älskar de böjda rören till vattenkylningen.

Thanks THB. I would have liked to have skipped the right angle fittings from the CPU but I couldn't get it perfect, and had to compromise there.

Skrivet av Vizuka:

Har en dator för hur mycket pengar som helst. Sitter i (vad som ser ut som) en billig IKEA stol.. xd

Haha, very true. once I move the PC from the living room, I will be able to upgrade the chair to something more fitting. The PC didn't get to stay on the table and now rests under the desk on the floor.

Happy wife. - happy life :'P

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Lovely tubing! The all-white PC looks good, it's so bright and nice. Not black and depressing as many other builds are.

Permalänk
Medlem

Ett helt underbart och rent bygge.
Gillar det helskarpt. Önskar man kunde göra såna saker själv.

Visa signatur

FD define r4 vitt// ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) II + Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Vengeance RGB RT Svart// Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz + Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT// Sapphire RX5600XT Pulse// AOC 27G2UG4 IPS 144Hz// Win11 på wd_black sn850x 1tb// Corsair RM750x// MATTA: SWECLOCKERS 90cm// Corsair Dark Core RGB PRO Wireless // Google pixel 8 Pro// HyperX Cloud II

Permalänk
Medlem

Justin This is Awesome build Man Just super fine

jag har en Lian li pc 2120 black edition chassi, med ena sidan öppen alltid. och damm finns inte, mer damm samlas när man kör sluten chassi

Keep it clean mate !!!!!!

Visa signatur

[Intel Core i9@13900KF Raptor Lake@5,5Ghz Oc][Asus ROG Z790 HERO[G-Skill RGB 32GB 6600Mhz cL34][WD Back 2TB NvMe][2TB Samsung 970 Evo + 2x8Tb Samsung 870 Qvo spel disk][Msi RTX 4090 Gaming Trio-X][ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ][Windows 11][1000/1000Mbits Telia fiber][Razer Ornata Tangentbord.

Permalänk
Medlem

@Vizuka: Har sånna i vår studio, dock väldigt bekväma xD
MALKOM Arbetsstol

Permalänk
Medlem

This belongs in a museum!