Permalänk

Prepaid card roaming in China?

Hello,
I have a telia pre-paid card. I plan a travel to China. However, I found that Telia did not support prepaid card to use in China. It cannot even receive any SMSs. This is annoying. I am afraid I would need to receive some SMSs verification code during the time I am in China. What should I do? Any work around?

Visa signatur

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 PRO Keyboard: SteelSeries 6G v2 MX Black Speakers: Samsung HW-Q995B/XE Monitor: Apple Studio Display, LG OLED65C2 Game Console: PS5 digital, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Steam deck

Permalänk
Medlem

From what I've read it should work if it's registered. But double check with customer support. If you don't have a swedish personalnumber their site said that you could get help in a Telia store.

EDIT: sorry, looked a bit further and seems it doesn't work..
You could temporary switch to a mobile plan?

Visa signatur

Intel i7 4970K, Fractal define mini, 24GB DDR3 1600mhz , 500GB SSD * 2 RAID0, GeForce 1060 6gb

Permalänk
Skrivet av railman:

From what I've read it should work if it's registered. But double check with customer support. If you don't have a swedish personalnumber their site said that you could get help in a Telia store.

EDIT: sorry, looked a bit further and seems it doesn't work..
You could temporary switch to a mobile plan?

I can switch to mobile plan and switch back? I still don't get it why the price could be such different between subscription and pre-paid?

Visa signatur

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 PRO Keyboard: SteelSeries 6G v2 MX Black Speakers: Samsung HW-Q995B/XE Monitor: Apple Studio Display, LG OLED65C2 Game Console: PS5 digital, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Steam deck

Permalänk
Medlem

I am not sure if its to any help for you...

I used this site to find options for simcard when i was traveling in asia during this spring. For all the countries l visited the site presented accurate and up to date information.

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/China

But indeed it seems to be a bit complicated...

Also i feel its a bit like a x/y problem... What are you really trying to do? What are these SMS varifications codes? Could you use another way? Bankid? Microsoft Authenticator app?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Medlem

@CaptainYan: Yeah, should be no problem to switch, it's one month cancellation on the mobile plan. I dunno, not a fan of Telia's pricing, I've usually used halebop, they are owned by Telia but got better prices.

Visa signatur

Intel i7 4970K, Fractal define mini, 24GB DDR3 1600mhz , 500GB SSD * 2 RAID0, GeForce 1060 6gb

Permalänk

My mother just received her phone bill from her stay in China.
It was somewhere aroud 180kr for 12min of out&incomming calls, and 60kr for 20sms. U can't use Facebook to communicate with the world but whats app worked.
But i know halebop have the same price on pre-paid as mobile plan..

Permalänk
Medlem

Prepaid cards usually dont work in roaming. I had a hallon prepaid last summer in my car, stopped working as soon as i left sweden. As was written in the faq.

Visa signatur

Bosna u <3

I7-6700K :-: 16gb DDR4 :-: ASUS 1080TI :-: MSI Gaming Carbon :-: NH-U14S :-: FD R5 :-: Seasonic X 760W

Permalänk
Skrivet av zeleni:

Prepaid cards usually dont work in roaming. I had a hallon prepaid last summer in my car, stopped working as soon as i left sweden. As was written in the faq.

Actually, Telia's pre-paid card after registered, it could work in the EU area and some other non-EU countries including US.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av PlogarN97:

I am not sure if its to any help for you...

I used this site to find options for simcard when i was traveling in asia during this spring. For all the countries l visited the site presented accurate and up to date information.

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/China

But indeed it seems to be a bit complicated...

Also i feel its a bit like a x/y problem... What are you really trying to do? What are these SMS varifications codes? Could you use another way? Bankid? Microsoft Authenticator app?

Thanks. You are right. Maybe I think too much. After checking my sms history, I only has Google code and microsoft code. Those are when I trying to change something. It is not a big deal and I have bankID available.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av StuntmanMike:

My mother just received her phone bill from her stay in China.
It was somewhere aroud 180kr for 12min of out&incomming calls, and 60kr for 20sms. U can't use Facebook to communicate with the world but whats app worked.
But i know halebop have the same price on pre-paid as mobile plan..

It is kind of strange... If you hold a Chinese sim card and travel in Europe, the roaming fee is unbelievably cheap....

Visa signatur