Thinking of switching ISP – is Bahnhof any good?

Permalänk

Thinking of switching ISP – is Bahnhof any good?

Sorry for English but my Swedish writing is not that great.
So we have had Telia forever. We have Telia fiber 100/100.
I have no complaints about their service but I do have issues with their giving my private info over.

I was thinking of going with Bahnhof since they do not do this and I can get 500/500
I will just keep Telia TV service.

Here are the companies I can get where I live.
https://gastabudstaden.se/index.php?id=14

Some of them I would never use like Com Hem. Had them long time ago for TV and hate them.

If you have Bahnhof what do you think about their service? I need a reliable internet that is up 99.9% like Telia is.
I also want faster speed. Telia said if I call the people that own the place where I live, all they have to do is tell them to
let us have up to 1000/1000 here now. Still I do not like that they give out my private info.

Thank you for your help

Permalänk
Avstängd

I've used Bahnhof on my former company. They have great service and superB SLA, I have heard that they don't give much responses to end customers since they are a small $$ for them, But in general i would choose them if possible, just for their prices and their general attitued against "your Information".

Visa signatur

Inte Core i7 4790K
Asus Z97-A
Asus Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX
Kingston DDR3 HYPERX Genesys 16 GB 1600MHZ

Permalänk
Medlem

If I lived in Sweden I would choose Bahnhof any day just for their privacy policy which is unique in Sweden.

Visa signatur

Fractal Design Define R6, ASUS X99a, Xeon E5-2697v3@3.5Ghz allcore, 64gb Hynix ECC REG 2133Mhz, ASUS 1070GTX, 2.5gb nic

Server: Proxmox med OMV 5 och annat virtuellt: Supermicro X9SRH-7F, 64gb RAM, Xeon 2651v2, 4x10tb, 2.5gb Nic

Permalänk
Avstängd

Have had Bahnhof for a few years now and don't have any complaints. I've been in contact with their support a couple of times and it feels as though they have a higher technical level than someone like Comhem or Telia. No fuss, they don't force you to go through a bunch of steps that you have tried already just so that they can verify that your cables are plugged in or your router has been restarted etc. However when it comes to uptime and such it's rarely the ISP that is the problem when you have fiber over a city net (stadsnät) but rather it's the one who owns the last bit of infrastructure, like Telia or in my case Itux (who are or where owned by Comhem). It's usually in their network the problem occures.