nForce 4 SLI X16 testat

Permalänk
Melding Plague

nForce 4 SLI X16 testat

<font style="font-size: 10pt"><b>nForce 4 SLI X16 testat</b></font> <small class="small">onsdag 19 oktober av <a href="mailto:nyhet@sweclockers.com">Bjorn</a></small><br>
<a href="http://hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=739" target="_blank">Hot Hardware</a> har recenserat moderkortet ASUS A8N32 SLI som använder Nvidias nya chipset nForce 4 SLI X16. Den stora skillnaden jämfört med tidigare nForce 4 är två stycken PCI Express 16x-platser istället för två stycken 8x så grafikkort i SLI-konfigurationer får mer bandbredd. Moderkortet jämförs mot vanliga nForce 4 SLI. Ett intressant test för att se skillnaden mellan två stycken 8x-platser mot två stycken 16x-platser.
<br />
<br /><i>The company's new A8N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard is no exception. NVIDIA's new nForce 4 SLI X16 chipset has been out the door at NVIDIA for months now, but retail boards have yet to appear on the scene. We've heard ABIT and others may have boards on the horizon, based on this new high-end NVIDIA chipset, but the A8N32 SLI Deluxe was the first to hit our test bench, and it looks like it will be the first to hit retail sometime this week.</i>
<br />
<br />Läs testet hos <a href="http://hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=739" target="_blank">Hot Hardware</a>.

Visa signatur

Observera att samma trivselregler gäller i kommentarstrådarna som i övriga forumet och att brott mot dessa kan leda till avstängning. Kontakta redaktionen om du vill uppmärksamma fel i artikeln eller framföra andra synpunkter.

Permalänk
Medlem

wohoo!

Väntar nu ivrigt på deras P5N32-Sli Deluxe och hoppas den kommer prestera lika bra!

Visa signatur

P150 solo rev | P5N-E SLI w/NB47J on SB | E6600 w/ Ninja 1st rev | 2GB GEIL Ultra 5400 CL 3 | XFX 7800GT w/ ZM-VF700-Cu | 2 x SP120 250GB

Permalänk
Medlem

Trevligt moderkort, jävligt nice med heatpipe så man slipper de där irriterande nordbryggskylningarna som brukar kom med på moderkorten. Kanske inte de bästa resultaten i världen, men de presterar tillräkligt bra för att det ska vara värt att köpa. Nu väntar man bara på en matchande modell från DFI, MSI o de andra

Permalänk
Medlem

Jisses på siffrorna på Far cry testet. Nästan så att snåla jag blev sugen på att köpa ett par kort.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Kunde ju varit intressant att se hur samma system presterade på endast ett grafikkort också. I synnerhet eftersom det tydligen försigick en massa trafik mellan korten som man slipper med ett singelkort.

Permalänk
Medlem

Här har ni tweaktown.com Final Thoughts
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/813/1/page_1_introduction/i...

The A8N32-SLI Deluxe like all products that we have seen from ASUS is tops, as far as we are concerned. It would seem though that the new X16 chipset from nVidia doesn’t give us a huge boost in performance, not in today’s games or until you really turn your graphics settings up at a high resolution – and we’re talking above 1600 x 1200. If you remember benchmarking at 4x AGP and 8x AGP back some years ago now, the performance difference was extremely minor or none at all.

The motherboard itself though is fantastic - SATA on the IO panel, dual gigabit LAN, optical audio, 6 SATA ports, Firewire, SLI, heat pipe cooling technology – it pretty much as everything you could want.

We might not see the performance difference between the GeForce 7800GTX in SLI with the full bandwidth PCI Express slots but it could be the next generation line up from nVidia that lets us make use of the huge bandwidth available. This is the kind of motherboard from ASUS is one we recommend to someone who doesn’t upgrade their motherboard very often as it offers a more “future-proof” design thanks to the huge amount of bandwidth available. It wouldn’t seem that the current generation 7800 GTX cards gets much extra performance from the extra lanes but it doesn’t mean its not coming - new drivers and new cards could see this becoming one of the more popular technologies around.

Plus we’re sure as new games are released, they’ll be far more demanding than any of today’s best titles and the full bandwidth PCI Express slots will be more crucial than when the extra bandwidth available to the graphics cards can be properly utilized. Just as we saw in our testing, as soon as we turned up the settings in our benchmarked games, we started to see some improvements from the extra bandwidth.

The ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and A8N32-SLI Deluxe both have their places in the market. The A8N-SLI Premium seems to offer the best performance with the 7800GTX running in SLI where the A8N32-SLI one would tend to think is going to achieve greater numbers when games and applications are released that need more bandwidth. In the end this is why we have moved from AGP to PCI Express – to get more bandwidth. While this is only a personal opinion, I feel that extra performance is only a BIOS and driver update away.

- Pros
Packed full of features
Roomy SLI ports
3 x PCI slots
Heat Pipe Cooling
Future-proof design
Good overclocker
Great bundle with in the motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 support out of the box
No SLI selector adapter anymore

- Cons
X16 performance is up and down
No pointing upgrading unless you’re an ultra high quality and high resolution gamer

The A8N32-SLI is for people who upgrade their graphics card regularly but not their motherboard and want the highest resolution with extreme AA and AF settings and is not for people who don’t venture past 1600 x 1200 with AA or AF turned off. In other words, it’s for extreme gamers who are really going to want to push as much data through the PCI Express slots as possible.

Visa signatur

R-SON

Permalänk
Medlem

Ja så tweaktown var alltså ganska off med sin "preview".

Synd att du inte citera hela sidan för det är ju ganska jobbigt att trycka på lenken.

Visa signatur

P150 solo rev | P5N-E SLI w/NB47J on SB | E6600 w/ Ninja 1st rev | 2GB GEIL Ultra 5400 CL 3 | XFX 7800GT w/ ZM-VF700-Cu | 2 x SP120 250GB