Gainward GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX

Permalänk

hello has anybody got this card Part number Tillverkares artikelnr: 426018336-0025

And if you do have , do you have the ENHANCED MODE option in the PERFORMANCE meny in the Expertool utility?

I don't have it nor can I get it. I am presently talking to Gainward on this issue/komplett
thanks..

Permalänk
Antielefant

Most probably your card is already running the correct speed as is.

Run the GPU-Z tool ( http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1379d/GPU-Z.0.3.4.exe ) and check what your GPU Clock, Memory Clock and Shader Clock are set at.

If your card is running as it should, it should say;
GPU Clock 625 MHz, Memory 1100 MHz, Shader 1242 MHz

...or something like that.

If it says 576, 999 and 1242, the card is running 260 stock speeds, which are not default for your card.

It's the numbers outlined in red.

Don't worry, they shouldn't be as high as mine.

Visa signatur

i7-12700KF | 128 GB DDR4-4000 | RTX 4080 | Samsung 990 Pro | 3xAcer XB270HU G-Sync

Permalänk

Thanks my old friend for the reply.....I will test this later as the kids have kicked me off it and installed the Half-life Orange Box.....Already had Half-life 2 / portal ...but not the following on episodes and TFc...198 kr from spelbutiken ...3 days delivery not a bad price..anyway I will check it out later
thanks and hope you are enjoying the summer.

Permalänk
Medlem

Haha jag har tänkt på en sak här på SweC, dom som skriver på engelska (menar dom som även pratar engelska i vanliga fall, misstänker jag att dom gör iaf) gör väldigt många punkter. Ist för ett kommatecken eller en punkt och mellanslag så gör dom massa punkter och sedan fortsätter skriva. Vad beror detta på? Inget illa menat alls, tycker bara det är lite lustigt

Permalänk

Here in this instance the mellanslag means "and" just quicker to do.....
Half-life 2 / portal

The .......... is gramatically incorrect of course but I do it to break up the different points rather than start new paragraphs all the time and end of with a post that looks somewhat longer. I also find it easier to read, but thats just me.

hej
mellanslag används till "och" och jag använder det pga det tar fårar(inte så många ) tryck på tangentbordet.

......... använder jag för att dela upp olika synpunkter (points) utan behöv att starta en ny paragraf ( paragraph) och jag tror att det göra texten mer lätt läst.
And the above is why I write in english (mother tongue, modersmål)

Hope I've understood what you were asking iaf

Permalänk

Hello gainward have sent me a .zip file with the latest BIOS.
When i try to unzip this with winzip it comes up with errors and will not run it(won't open certain things in order to protect my PC)...is it something I should be extracting to a USB memory key?

I also found and Downloaded this file from theirr site which i think is the same file?
bios 426018336-0025-00106 When I try to run this windows states " Window cannot open this file" etc etc

Expertool is showing may BIOS 620D.49.0D
vga DRIVER VERSION 182.50

Any ideas on correct procedure for doing a BIOS update on a graphic card?
thanks

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av SvEngland
Here in this instance the mellanslag means "and" just quicker to do.....
Half-life 2 / portal

The .......... is gramatically incorrect of course but I do it to break up the different points rather than start new paragraphs all the time and end of with a post that looks somewhat longer. I also find it easier to read, but thats just me.

hej
mellanslag används till "och" och jag använder det pga det tar fårar(inte så många ) tryck på tangentbordet.

......... använder jag för att dela upp olika synpunkter (points) utan behöv att starta en ny paragraf ( paragraph) och jag tror att det göra texten mer lätt läst.
And the above is why I write in english (mother tongue, modersmål)

Hope I've understood what you were asking iaf

Ok! Yes you understood correctly. Didn't think you understood swedish as good as you do

Permalänk

I ocassionally do some translation from swedish to english for a local housing corporation aimed mainly at students, believe it or not. One of the biggest problems is that I can talk to some swedes and they more or less understand my swedish , others, like the wife...just look and stare at me like some drunken mad man has been let loose.
My sons sometime understand but that has more to do with whether they can be bothered listening

Plus i cannot stop seeing ÄÅ simply as A and Ö simply as O. A colleague I worked with said I use more Ö,Å,Ä in a week then most swedes use in a year

Permalänk
Antielefant

Heh, sounds about right from my experience with naturalizing English-speaking people, and my girlfriend's American by birth, so I'd know. Half the time I just ask her to repeat whatever she's trying (and usually failing miserably) to get said in English.

I'm still curious what GPU-Z says about the card and whether it's already clocked right.

Visa signatur

i7-12700KF | 128 GB DDR4-4000 | RTX 4080 | Samsung 990 Pro | 3xAcer XB270HU G-Sync

Permalänk

So you know what I mean
I have just run GPU-Z
the figures itis gving ( in ExperTool I have the settings on default SafeMode Settings) are shown here
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/09/07/02/4qz.png
namely 625 , 1100 and 1242
the ExperTool surgests than I can go up to
Core clock setting 820
Memory clock 1320
Shader clock 1770
Should I take these to be the highest overclock settings that Gainward will guarantee?

The sensors on GPU-Z show GPU core clock 300 Mhz
GPU memory 250 mhz
GPU temp 43c ,PCB 36C, GPU temp 35.3C , PCB temp 36.5C, Fan 40%, Fan speed 2016 RPM

Gainward quiet clearly stated today that they have tested this model and it should have the ENHANCED mode....I just a bit worried about not seeing something that should be there , and if its likely to lead to problems later. i.e BIOS corrupted or drivers/software not installed properly,

Any are these figures what you'd expect ?
Thanks again

Permalänk
Antielefant

Hardly, the settings Gainward guarantees would be the 625/1100/1242 stock overclock. As in, it's already running the enhanced mode per default.

820/1770/1320 are the maximum you can even attempt to clock the card through ExperTool, but I guarantee you those settings won't work. It's a 33% overclock.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

So Zcenicx ..its safe Mode is in fact the overclocked mode...correct?
When you say 33% OC I assume you mean of the stock 260 speeds ...what are the stock speeds of these cards?

I would still be interested to know if anyone elase has one of these cards and if they have an ENHANCED MODE or not

thanks again M8

Permalänk

ok for fun I put Crysis on ..everything "VERY HIGH" used the EXPERtool to set CCS to 705, MCS 1195 and SCS to 1410 ( ratio CCs to SCS = 2:1 I read this in one of Zcenicx posts elsewhere ...If I understood it correctly..What is the relation in ratio, if any of CCS to the other two.
I also set the ASUS turbo Button function to Rocket so to O/C the 940 BE CPU.
after bout 10-15 minutes (with Crysis looking breath-taking...Does this mean I need another GTX260 to SLI + ) I got a BSD

How do I know which one I pushed too far.... and any links to any good articles , guides on O/C
thanks