Permalänk
Medlem

Beyond Good and Evil 2 [PS3,X360]

Developer: Ubisoft Montpellier
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Action-adventure
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date: TBA

The original Beyond Good & Evil game was meant to be the first of a trilogy of games. Michel Ancel has stated that he wrote the story of the Beyond Good & Evil-universe to be longer than what is included in the first game, but because of the poor sales of the original game, Ubisoft was reluctant to invest in a sequel.

Michel Ancel first gave a hint about Beyond Good & Evil 2 in an interview with Nintendo Power, where he confirmed that he was working on a new project that means a lot to him. He also talked about Jade (the protagonist from the original game) and said that he really hopes that she will continue to keep her values and her personality.

Many rumors about a possible sequel have appeared since the release of the first game, which all seemed to be false until May 2008, when Ubisoft announced Beyond Good & Evil 2.

In the interview with Jeux Vidéo Magazine, Michel Ancel stated:
"Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be in continuity with the first game, with a big variety of levels, lots of emotion in the gameplay, and characters we care about. This time we are dealing with planet's future, and the relationship with animals..."

On April 3rd Eurogamer.net published a translated interview with Ancel saying:
"There were a lot of inspirations: the Miyazaki universe, my own inspirations, politics and the media; the theme of September 11 - the CNN show with army messages and the fear climate. And it was a mix from other universes."

Ancel also said the game will be a direct sequel to the first game:
"But it is better to discover that when you play, ha ha! But it is clear we want to continue the story - we won't create characters, story. The story continues and we'll react on important events of the first."

Ubidays 2008: Debut Teaser
Is This New Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage? - 2009-05-09

Visa signatur

Intel i7 10700k - Noctua NH-D15 chromax - Asus Maximus XII Hero - G.Skill 32GB 3600MHz Trident Z Neo - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO - Corsair RM750x V2 - Phanteks P600S - Asus ROG Swift PG329Q - Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Medlem

1.an är fortfarande ett av dom mest fängslande spelen jag spelat! Helt underbart

Permalänk
Medlem

Måste vara ett av de mest undervärderade spelen på marknaden

Permalänk
Medlem

1an är svinbra! Synd att man inte har xbox360 eller ps3

Permalänk
Medlem

1an finns att köpa på Good Old Games för en billig slant för de som är intresserade.

Visa signatur

Intel i7 10700k - Noctua NH-D15 chromax - Asus Maximus XII Hero - G.Skill 32GB 3600MHz Trident Z Neo - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO - Corsair RM750x V2 - Phanteks P600S - Asus ROG Swift PG329Q - Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Medlem

Möjligen leaked?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/316492.html?pla...

Finns en chans att de kan vara Mirror's edge 2, men får känslan av att de inte är de

Visa signatur

Irish today, hungover tomorrow

Permalänk
Medlem

Ojj shit! Såg riktigt spännande ut ju! Men mirror's edge 2 lär det ju inte vara, då mirror's edge är i första person. Och filmerna i mirror's edge är av mycket simplare grafik.

Permalänk
Medlem

Tvivlar på att det är nåt annat än Beyond Good and Evil.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Fan vad fint... ska ta och köpa 1:an och lira igenom också... har varit sugen på att spela det i evigheter, men bara testat demot.

Visa signatur

Workstation: i7 6800k, nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 32 GB Ram.
Bärbar: Dell XPS13, i7@2600Mhz, 8 GB, QHD+.
Filserver: Gammal U36SD i5. Inbyggd UPS :-P
Pad: Asus Vivotab Smart.
Battlefield 3

Permalänk
Medlem

Dött på E3 om spelet och här är lite sketna nyheter.

"Whether or not it comes out remains to be seen anyway, but we didn't want to abandon that IP because it has a cache and authenticity about it. There's something very pure about that game and it's too bad that we were not able to build it as an IP at the time."

Tidigare i år läckte en gameplay-trailer av (vad som förmodades vara) Beyond Good & Evil 2 vilket fick oss att hoppas på en officiell utannonsering. Ingen sådan har dock kommit. Detoc berättar att man kände till läckan, att den inte var en PR-kupp och lägger till att den inte behöver betyda en uppföljare till äventyret:

"I'll tell you, I didn't know about the leak and neither did my boss. Ubisoft has been working on some Beyond Good and Evil stuff. Whether there's going to be another game or not, that's something for the future."

http://gamereactor.se/nyheter/18936/Inget+Beyond+Good+%26+Evi...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

PC tack!

Visa signatur

ηλί, ηλί, λαμά σαβαχθανί!?

Permalänk
Medlem

Dags att dra igång denna gamla tråden. Det ryktades om att spelet var nedlagt för några dagar sedan men icke. (Tack för det)

[i]"Ubisoft has dismissed suggestions that Michel Ancel has left the company, confirming that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development.

Word of the Rayman creator's supposed departure appeared on the internet last week. It was said that Ancel had left to set up his own studio, and that the BG&E2 project had been cancelled as a result.

But a Ubisoft representative told Eurogamer, "There are no changes on the horizon."

When asked if that means Ancel is still at Ubi and that BG&E2 is still in development, the representative replied, "Yes."

It's been two years since the sequel was first announced, and since then there's been nothing more to see than the original teaser trailer. Here's hoping more is revealed soon. "

[/i]

Beyond Good & Evil 2 still in development News | Eurogamer

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Ååååh B G&E måste vara ett av dom bästa äventyrspelen genom tiderna. Hoppas verkligen 2:an kommer snart. Har väntat länge nu

Visa signatur

Galleriet: Dynamic Black Chassi: Lian-Li O11 Dynamic & custom loop CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X RAM: GSkill Trident Z 32GB Moderkort: Gigabyte X570S Auros Master GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB PSU: Seasonic PX850

Permalänk
Medlem

Får nog bli till att spela igenom denna skönheten till spel igen. Hoppas det släpps mer info snart..

Visa signatur

Speldator :[I] AMD 5600X - 16GB fläskigt ram - AMD 580RX - AOC 32" Wide
HTPC : i5 3450S - 8GB G.Skill - Streacom F8

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

"Michel Ancel has revealed that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development with a very small team at Ubisoft's Montpellier studio.

"It will take time. Please have patience. I'm sorry," he told the audience at a Montpellier games conference (captured on video, and in French, by Crisy.fr).

Ancel said that he is experimenting with new development practices and tools on Beyond Good & Evil 2 so he can keep the number of staff working on it small and preserve its "artistic spirit".

"On this game, we're keeping the team small, to preserve creativity and so the game doesn't become a commercial product, so that is has soul," Ancel said.

He revealed that he's been working on tools that will do the same for game creation in 3D as the tools - demonstrated at the conference - being used by just five people to create 2D platformer Rayman Origins (which was revealed at E3).

"It takes a bit longer, but we're very keen to use this system with this game, because it's an ambitious game and we want to create something exceptional," he said.

The tools and techniques, Ancel said, were getting close to those used in cinema by the animators at Peter Jackson's effects house WETA Digital. Ancel was inspired by working with Jackson and WETA on the King Kong game.

"At its base, it's about using tools to preserve an artistic spirit," Ancel said. "Perhaps one day we'll be the WETA Digital of Montpellier, which would be superb. It will take some time.

"But we don't want to go too fast, and that's a shame it's true, because the project is taking a long time to come out... but we want this project to be truly exceptional.

"[Beyond Good & Evil 2] hasn't been abandoned, it's an ongoing project, and we hope to do it in this way using these tools, that's to say making a 3D game with very few people."

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was first announced back in May 2008 with a CG trailer (watch it below). It's in development for Xbox 360 and PS3."

Ancel using small team to make BG&E2

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Spännande!

Visa signatur

Speldator :[I] AMD 5600X - 16GB fläskigt ram - AMD 580RX - AOC 32" Wide
HTPC : i5 3450S - 8GB G.Skill - Streacom F8

Permalänk
Avstängd

kan nog bli bra.

Visa signatur

AMD Phenom II X4 720 BE @ 3.61 GHz || MSI 790XT-G45 Crossfire || 800MHz 4GB Corsair|| Sapphire HD5850 1GB || Corsair 650W || BENQ G2400W 1920x1200

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Hoppas! Hoppas! Hoppas!

Visa signatur

//Gelantious
I heard life sucks, that''s why I''m glad I don''t have one.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag blev väldigt glad när jag såg att det inte kommer ut på PC, äntligen så slipper man Ubis värdelösa portningar och söndriga DRM. Dock kanske det inte blir ett köp till 360 ändå, just pga. hur jag som PC lirare blivit behandlad innan. Får se om Ubi slutar våldta PC scenen, då kanske det blir ett köp. Älskade ettan trots att det var en port.

Permalänk
Medlem

Orginalet är ett av mina absoluta favoritspel och om 2:an inte släpps till PC'n får jag helt enkelt ta och köpa en Xbox 360... igen. Skulle vara värt det enbart för det här spelet!

Visa signatur

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66GHz | Corsair Dominator 8GB @ 1600MHz | ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot assured me today that work continues and has never stopped on the highly anticipated sequel to 2003's Beyond Good & Evil.

"We were, as we are, working on the game," Guillemot told me during a meeting at Germany's Gamescom this week. "What is very import with this next product is that it will be perfect."

Developer Michel Ancel's "intention is to come [out] with something really exciting. But everybody needs a little bit of patience."

What makes Beyond Good & Evil 2 so significant to both Ubisoft and an industry powered, and sometimes limited by, great investments and huge profits, is that it is a sequel to a game that was, at least financially, a flop.

Guillemot said that Ubisoft was both happy and not happy with the reception of the original action-adventure game which had players taking on the role of reporter Jade who was investigating an alien conspiracy on her native planet. While the game received relatively strong reviews, sales were lackluster.

"I would say the game was very well appreciated by the people who played it," Guillemot said. "But we didn't have enough people when it was launched. After its time it become a very recognized product."

Guillemot chalks the game's disappointing sales to the fact that the game pushed on the notions and concepts of what people at the time expected a game to be.

This time around, with Beyond Good & Evil 2, Guillemot expects that the buzz already building around the game will help get more people to pick up the title in that critical first month of release. But it's still a risk.

So why do it?

"It's in our DNA to do innovative stuff because that's how the company was become what it is," he said.

That doesn't strike me as a talking point or a line from a press release when Guillemot says it and then quickly follows up the claim with a list of the titles that he says helped put Ubisoft on the map, help grow the company.

First, he says there was Rayman, a game the company head describes as a break-through in animation and one of the first platformer to hit stores that wasn't created in Japan.

"Rayman brought the western flavor," he said.

Then there was P.O.D. racing, one of the first games to support the MMX processors. It was bundled with some computers using the Intel chipset.

And there were both the Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon games, both new series that did tremendously well on the current and last consoles.

For this generation, Guillemot said, there is Assassin's Creed.

"The first Assassin's Creed was very innovative, but as with most innovation everything was not perfect. But then with the second game you go one step forward. You have to be able to start and come up with something that will be different first."

And those risks often pay off for Ubisoft. It did with Assassin's Creed, which delivered a sequel last year that was far better received than the original.

"You have to take risk," Guillemot said.

But sometimes the risks you take need to be in smaller markets. For instance, upcoming god game From Dust won't be released on a disk, instead it's coming on as a downloadable game for the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

"When we do From Dust we are doing it on Xbox Live Arcade because there are not too many products on XBLA," Guillemot said. "Using a new format for a new game can help the creators be seen. When you are in the crowd it's harder to be recognized at being innovative. The products on the market now, like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, are not perfect, but they close to perfect."

Often a victim of innovation is polish.

"It's difficult to be innovative and be perfect," he said. "Gamers love innovation but want perfection."

That doesn't stop Ubisoft from taking risks, huge risks, risks like unveiling at this year's E3 a laser tag game that uses plastic toy guns.

Guillemot calls Battle Tag a "next-generation" toy which uses a machine, community and creativity to deliver something innovative.

The idea with Battle Tag is to have the people playing it create their own laser tag game modes and share them. It's a toy that will allow people to play one city against another, or compete in worldwide competitions. It's also a toy mean to connect people.

Most of these ideas come from within the company, from teams who approach the management with concepts.

"When we have a team come to us with an idea we give them a certain amount of time to develop that idea," Guillemot said. "We are very open to new ideas. "

That's how voice-controlled real-time strategy console game EndWar came about. And when it didn't do as well as expected, Ubisoft still approved the development of another real-time strategy game that tinkers with the formula of such titles.

R.U.S.E. has players using deceit along with standard tactics to trick players into losing military battles. Guillemot said that he is very intrigued with the use of the Move motion-controller in the PlayStation 3 version of the game.

"The real-time strategy genre is not doing very well on the console because the interface doesn't work," he said. "The better the interface the more we will be able to give lots of fun to consumer playing those games on the console."

It's that same willingness to continue to try in the face of occasional financial failure that allows developers like Michel Ancel to make a sequel to a game that wasn't a tremendous success.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is the sort of title that gamers should love when it comes out, not just because of its content and its pedigree, but because of what it says about a company still willing to take risks despite the potential costs.

Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Must Be Perfect

Visa signatur