Permalänk
Medlem

Ändra RAM timings på Intel DQ67SW

Införskaffade en ny surfburk baserad på Intel DQ67SW moderkort, I5 2400S. 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 minne. Av någon anledning går det ej att ändra timings i BIOS, alla fält är "gråa" trots att man ställer om från Auto till Manual. Enda som går att ändra är minnesvolt. Har flashat till senaste BIOS (0051), men problemet fanns redan innan.

Intel själva hänvisade till nån e-post adress, men jag tänkte kolla om någon annan här har lösningen.

Nedan chat-loggen från Intel:

Citat:

You are now chatting with 'Allan'

Allan: Hello. Thank you for using the Intel Customer Chat Support service. We are glad to be of service. How may I help you?

kabanan: Hello. I have bought a Intel DQ67SW motherboard, Intel I5 2400S CPU and 8GB DDR3 RAM, using the latest BIOS (0051) for my motherboard it is not possible to manually adjust the RAM timings in the BIOS menu. Is there any solution?

Allan: I am sorry but your request is not part of our scope of support, changing memory timings is considered overclocking or downclocking

Allan: this is not supported

kabanan: Should'nt this be considered a bug since the BIOS advertises the capability to adjust the timings but it is not implemented or functional?

Allan: in that case I recommend escalating this situation through your local support department at emea_support@mailbox.intel.com

Visa signatur

Happy Face!

Permalänk
Medlem

Då var det löst, det ska visst inte vara möjligt att justera timings då moderkortet är designat för stabilitet. Se nedan för Intel's svar:

Citat:

Dear "kabanan",

Thank you for contact Intel® technical support.

In relation to the email received from you about Intel® board DQ67SW, I can tell you that on bios the option for RAM timings is normal that are greyed out and there is not bugs. On Intel® boards, Bios is the same for all new generation boards, but some options are greyed out as they are dependent from the chip-set boards. As your board is designed for stability and not for performance, this could be the reason why the options cannot be changed or functional, so they are greyed out. If for example you had a chip-set board designed for performance you could probably be able to see RAM timing option like now, so you may had to use the same Bios like now, but the options wouldn’t be greyed out, actually you could change as well.

Hope I made a clear response and explanation to you, but if there is anything else you need to know,

do not hesitate to contact as again.

Kinds Regards,

Claudio M.

Intel Customer Support (EMEA)

Visa signatur

Happy Face!