[Build Log] MetallicAcid's ROG Gene V Inspired TJ08-E

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Safir100:

Skulle gärna kikat igenom hela tråden, synd bara att bildena från photobucket (i princip alla) inte kan visas.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Yeah I know, I am sorry for that. I have waited already 4 days for a transfer to PayPal so I can upgrade my photobucket account before the limit was reached. I don't know why it has taken so long, but it sucks hard!!

By Monday or Tuesday it should be up again.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Yeah I know, I am sorry for that. I have waited already 4 days for a transfer to PayPal so I can upgrade my photobucket account before the limit was reached. I don't know why it has taken so long, but it sucks hard!!

By Monday or Tuesday it should be up again.

MetallicAcid

Inga problem, ville bara uppmärksamma dig på det. Väntar med spänning!

Visa signatur

----

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Safir100:

Inga problem, ville bara uppmärksamma dig på det. Väntar med spänning!

Cheers mate

I tried to pay with credit card today, twice, but there was an error both times. This sucks

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

I have been busy trying to get some of the small jobs out of the way, and I had a paid side project to get some PSU cables sleeved for TomDaMuffin here on Sweclockers, so I thought I would show my work

Here are the Corsair AX850 PSU cables which were sleeved in colours to match Tom's build:

MCP350 modded to be run on my Lamptron FC9 fan controller:

Second pipe bent and fitted! SUPER EXCITED!!

And a couple of glory shots, including the drain port with the quick disconnect, revised back plate cable management, and other bits and pieces.

Please enjoy

With thanks to my sponsor Aquatuning!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks really great! especially the last picture!

Permalänk
Medlem

Vert nice!

Visa signatur

FD Define R6, Noctua NH-D15S, 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Corsair AX860i, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core i7 9700k, 32GB Corsair Vengence PRO 3200MHz, Asus GTX1080ti, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av DDemis:

Looks really great! especially the last picture!

Skrivet av Marwin88:

Vert nice!

Thank you guys I know it was just a small update, but I guess it was better than nothing

MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Looks awesome, keep it up. Looking forward for the final result.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Bacontree:

Looks awesome, keep it up. Looking forward for the final result.

Thanks for looking bacon. Nice name by the way

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

The acrylic tube bending is finally complete! Hopefully by the end of the week, I will have a functioning water cooling loop! It is photo barrage time

I hope that you have all enjoyed this chapter
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Mycket trevligt!

Visa signatur

----

Permalänk
Medlem

This is totally just awesome! Not a day goes by whenever I see these water cooled systems and I think to myself, damn I really need something like this. It's just so damn CLEAN! I absolutely LOVE those carvings you made with the back lit lava like gloving thingies you made! Will follow this and please do tell when you're on vacation, where you live and leave a spare key to me so that I can "borrow" this amazingly rig

Visa signatur

..:: trickeh2k ::..
Windows 11 Pro - Ryzen 7 7800X3D - ASUS TUF B650-PLUS - Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 64GB CL36 - MSI MAG A850GL - MSI RTX 4080 VENTUS 3X OC - Acer Predator XB271HU - ASUS VG248QE - QPAD MK-85 (MX-Brown)/Logitech G PRO Wireless - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 860 500GB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Kingston KC3000 2TB - Steelseries Arctic 5 - Cooler Master Masterbox TD500 Mesh V2

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Safir100:

Mycket trevligt!

Thanks for looking Safir

Skrivet av trickysaer:

This is totally just awesome! Not a day goes by whenever I see these water cooled systems and I think to myself, damn I really need something like this. It's just so damn CLEAN! I absolutely LOVE those carvings you made with the back lit lava like gloving thingies you made! Will follow this and please do tell when you're on vacation, where you live and leave a spare key to me so that I can "borrow" this amazingly rig

Haha! Thanks for compliments, and joining the build Tricky.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare

Great work, MA! It looks so futuristic and compact when the case is down to just the frame.

Let's hope you have a functioning loop by next week, because I can't wait to see it.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Laine:

Great work, MA! It looks so futuristic and compact when the case is down to just the frame.

Let's hope you have a functioning loop by next week, because I can't wait to see it.

Cheers Jazid. What tips can you give me about photography? I am still just learning after all, and your photos are a massive source of inspiration

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

So, today's work day has been spent on designing a GPU backplate. I am really happy with this design so far! I will be able to implement my design on the graphic card, and be able to cover over that green logo which will clash with the red lighting. Here, take a look:

What is everybody's opinion about this design?

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Ser riktigt snyggt ut, det enda jag undrar över är hur långt det är mellan kylaren där texten sitter och "topplaten", om du förstår hur jag menar. Det ser rätt långt ut men det kanske inte går att göra mindre med tanke på att du ska ha leds och sådant också.

Visa signatur

Har en förkärlek för alternativa standarder och trä; Trädator, Trätangentbord.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av hag.com:

Ser riktigt snyggt ut, det enda jag undrar över är hur långt det är mellan kylaren där texten sitter och "topplaten", om du förstår hur jag menar. Det ser rätt långt ut men det kanske inte går att göra mindre med tanke på att du ska ha leds och sådant också.

Hey Hag! Thanks for the compliment, and checking out my build log.

You are right, the design has been created to allow for white plexi and LED's between the graphic card and the cut out line design So, that said, I have an...

Update

Hey everyone!

I have the loop filled, and it is currently bleeding. I am extremely happy with the end result!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare

So that's what you've been up to! I like the red, very intense.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Laine:

So that's what you've been up to! I like the red, very intense.

It turned out better than I expected. EK's water is pretty good after all

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hey Uber! It's been a while

I almost bought an FT02 case second hand from a fellow sweclockers member, but couldn't raise enough money... But I already to own an TJ07 which I plan on doing something with

MetallicAcid

Well.. kanske trillar du över ett FT02 till ett billigt pris någon gång, i så fall förväntar jag mig en bygglogg!

Jag tänkte även ge lite subjektiv feedback. Jag tycker verkligen inte att Vengeance-minnena med dom (enligt mig) fula och höga kylflänsarna passar in i bygget. Tycker att röda eller svarta Mushkin Ridgeback hade sett bättre. Men smaken är som baken, delad

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||
|| Självutnämnd Silverstone FT02-riddare ||
|| Silverstone FT02B-WRI "Limited Edition" No. 0743 & 0640 ||
|| Sweclockers officiella FT02-tråd ||

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Überklass:

Well.. kanske trillar du över ett FT02 till ett billigt pris någon gång, i så fall förväntar jag mig en bygglogg!

Jag tänkte även ge lite subjektiv feedback. Jag tycker verkligen inte att Vengeance-minnena med dom (enligt mig) fula och höga kylflänsarna passar in i bygget. Tycker att röda eller svarta Mushkin Ridgeback hade sett bättre. Men smaken är som baken, delad

I agree with you 100% about the RAM sticks Uber. I was almost the winner of an auction where the seller had Redline Ridgeback 32GB for 1600kr. I was outbid in the last minute Since then I have spent that money of other things... But if I were to upgrade something on my PC in the near future, it would be 1. RAM sticks 2. i7 3rd Gen 3770K.

And having a build log for the FT02 goes without saying! You can expect something soon from me with a TJ07 case though

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

The GPU backplate has been cut, filed, and sanded. Next thing to do is to attach some white plexiglass and LED's to the plate, modify the LED RGB cable to take a 4 pin fan connection, then I can easily connect and disconnect the GPU's LED cable if I need to remove my graphic card from the PC.

So, without further delay, here come some pictures. I do apologize for the cell phone quality, I am doing this at work after all

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

The GPU backplate has been cut, filed, and sanded. Next thing to do is to attach some white plexiglass and LED's to the plate, modify the LED RGB cable to take a 4 pin fan connection, then I can easily connect and disconnect the GPU's LED cable if I need to remove my graphic card from the PC.

So, without further delay, here come some pictures. I do apologize for the cell phone quality, I am doing this at work after all

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo1...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo2...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo3...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo5...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo6...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo8...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo9...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/photo7...

Dold text

MetallicAcid

Riktigt snyggt.
En fråga, hur gör du för att skära ut hålen och få dem så sjukt jämna och snygga?

Visa signatur

Har en förkärlek för alternativa standarder och trä; Trädator, Trätangentbord.

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

MetallicAcid

Knowing where you work, that's hardly a legit reason, no? Haha!

Looks great, very clean shroud, and amazingly accurate to the vision you first had.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av hag.com:

Riktigt snyggt.
En fråga, hur gör du för att skära ut hålen och få dem så sjukt jämna och snygga?

Thanks hag To make the lines straight and nice just takes a lot of filing, and time. I think I filed for 2 hours or something to get them right.

Skrivet av Laine:

Knowing where you work, that's hardly a legit reason, no? Haha!

Looks great, very clean shroud, and amazingly accurate to the vision you first had.

Hehe, cheers Jazid. You would think that we would have a spare SLR just laying around to use.. But noooo... I was going to take some pictures when I got home and replace the ones in the thread, when tragedy struck. The test fit of the backplate want excellent except for one thing.. There was not enough space between the GTX780 reference cooler shroud and the aluminium to house both the LED's and plexi. I am going to try and make another one today to allow for these tolerances

Thanks for reading guys,
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

So, I was kicking around in Sketchup again (at work ) and came up with a window design. I was hoping to get everyone's opinion on it.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

So, I was kicking around in Sketchup again (at work ) and came up with a window design. I was hoping to get everyone's opinion on it.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/window...

MetallicAcid

Awesome

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av NJB Mods:

Cheers mate! Do you have any input on how it could be better?

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Cheers mate! Do you have any input on how it could be better?

MetallicAcid

Nope i really like the design:P

It fits the rest of the "theme"

may i ask you what do you work with?

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius