Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012

Galactic Empire A4-SFX

Update 2019
Featured on Setup Wars Episode 163 😊

Got a question over at SFFFORUM regarding the designs of the different panels. You can download the designs here. Open in Illustrator/Indesign or similar if you want to edit it.

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Update October 2018
Hi guys! I have gotten some questions regarding the CPU-side of the build. My main focus has been the GPU-side. This is now (more or less) completed. Since I use my computer on a shelf with the GPU-side facing me, I decided to run the CPU-side without a panel. This really improved temperatures so for now I will leave it like that. Maybe one day

Update September 2018
The gallery is back up again :)I decided to hide the gallery during the summer until more parts had arrived. Now it´s only down to a new CPU and the cable cover. Will have one version in leather and one version in Black ABS material as a dummy. Ordered from cotter.se (no affiliation).

First entry

So, the time has come for me to start building computers again. I've done quite alot of projects, mostly on Sweclockers.com, but all have been related to charity projects. However, this time I am building a computer for myself. This gallery/post will be posted on a number of different forums, so therefore English only.

I rescently moved to a larger apartment, but the "area" where I have my computer is quite alot smaller than before. So I decided to go SFF. The Dan Case was not the first choice. I was having my eye on the Louqe Ghost MkII, but it got delayed so I moved on to other options. And I am glad that I did. So far I really like what Dan has accomplished. Superb build quality and very easy to build in.

Building a new computer, I wanted to do it properly for once, not compromising with cable management and mods, but since I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to watercooling I decided to mod the things I actually can manage - side panels, cables, lighting etc. I am a huge fan of Star Wars so even if was a bit hard to swallow I finally decieded to buy a Star Wars Titan Xp, and specifically the Galactic Empire-version.

Usually not a sucker for commercials, but this got me hooked

The card is a work of art, but I wanted to make the rest of the build match.

Here my journey begins.

I will update this project with latest entry at the top so can follow along the ride. Pictures of the full build, desk, accessories and "man cave" will be posted along the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------
SPECS:

Case:
Dan Case SFX A4 – Black

GPU:
Nvidia Titan Xp Limited Edition Galactic Empire

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 2700

Cooling:
NH L9i

Motherboard:
Asus ROG STRIX B350-I Gaming

RAM:
Kingston HyperX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz White

Storage:
Samsung 970 EVO series SSD 1TB M.2
Samsung 960 EVO series SSD 500GB M.2
Samsung 850 EVO series SSD 1TB SATA

Mods:
Window kit with custom glas panels from Snijlab.nl (no affiliation):
Death Star: Acrylic transparent anthracite

Accessories:
Acer X43P
Space gray Razer Lancehead Wireless
Space gray Apple Magic Keyboard with numpad wireless
Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 92mm PWM

Custom-made cables :
By pslateCustoms (no affiliation) for my motherboard/case.
- 8 Pin CPU/EPS Cable SF600/SF450
- 8 Pin PCIE Cable SF600/SF450
- 24 Pin to 10+18 Pin Cable SF600/SF450
- 6 Pin PCIE Cable SF600/SF450
- Dual SATA Power Cable Stacked Connectors SF600/SF450
- Single SATA Power Cable SF600/SF450

RGB-kit from Asus Aura RGB (30cm with new connectors for Z370-I)

Besök galleriet här

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Borlänge
Registrerad
Okt 2009

Sucks about the "red" color on the other piece, but damn I really like how it turned out on the GPU side.

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av Undain:

Sucks about the "red" color on the other piece, but damn I really like how it turned out on the GPU side.

Thanks! Yeah, when I got it I was kinda angry. This is not a Mace Windu-build!!!

But on the other hand it didn't line up that well with the CPU-cooler. Will probably do a revision of the design so the sticker from C7 will be in the centre of the logo. I realized they included a metal sticker with the GPU so that will probably be used on the cooler. Fun times ahead Thanks for the feedback!

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Over the rainbow
Registrerad
Sep 2006

Riktigt fint bygge.

Daisy, Daisy...
On a bicycle built for two!

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av Mizzarrogh:

Riktigt fint bygge.

Tack

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Göteborg
Registrerad
Sep 2006

Inget direkt Star Wars fan själv men bygget blev ruskigt snyggt! Bra jobbat!

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
stockhlom
Registrerad
Nov 2010

Stiligt ✨👌🏻

Intel core l7 8700k | asus rog strix Z370-F | strix 1080 | WD blue 500gb | velociraptor 150gb | Samsung 840 pro 250gb|Asus VG248QE 144HZ

Youtube https://m.youtube.com/user/mllndplayer

Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/linde_swe/profile

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av Shuya:

Inget direkt Star Wars fan själv men bygget blev ruskigt snyggt! Bra jobbat!

Skrivet av linde:

Stiligt ✨👌🏻

Tack tack Inte riktigt klar ännu men fick precis leveransinfo för de sista bitarna. Förhoppningsvis inga större problem. Inser också att jag inte fotat något med kabeldragning i chassit så ska se till att göra det i samma veva.

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Mar 2012

I humbly bow before your shrine of awesomeness! Really liked you chassi, even though the look of the excellent death-star cut-through isn't as visible as it could be due to the transparent panel. It doesn't really matter that much since the inside looks totally awesome...fantastic job

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming // CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 // Acer Predator XB271HU
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz // PSU: Corsair 750W HX
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 850 EVO 250GB + 850 EVO 500GB

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av Wiggin:

I humbly bow before your shrine of awesomeness! Really liked you chassi, even though the look of the excellent death-star cut-through isn't as visible as it could be due to the transparent panel. It doesn't really matter that much since the inside looks totally awesome...fantastic job

I know, it bugs me as well Thank you! Alot of hard work but fun to keep going for a couple of months.

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Nov 2014

I wish that gpu would be cheaper, it looks amazing, just like your entire build.
Well made and fitting design, good job!

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av 165Hz:

I wish that gpu would be cheaper, it looks amazing, just like your entire build.
Well made and fitting design, good job!

Thank you! Really happy with it. Soon it will be ready

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Over the rainbow
Registrerad
Sep 2006

Jag måste fråga, har du gjort stället till C 64an själv, eller?

Daisy, Daisy...

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Apr 2012
Skrivet av Mizzarrogh:

Jag måste fråga, har du gjort stället till C 64an själv, eller?

Hur menar du? Hyllan är egentligen tänkt som ett vitrinskåp och hade blå belysning. Det enda jag gjorde var att slita ut den blå lampan och installerade ett RGB-kit samt byta ut dörrhandtagen från ett långt i plast till små i metall. C64an står sen på ett plastställ som inte syns från någon vinkel. Kostade typ 50 spänn på Ebay.

Jag vill inte länka till hyllan för butiken som sålde den var den sämsta skiten jag någonsin shoppat för, så de förtjänar inte att länkas nånstans

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Over the rainbow
Registrerad
Sep 2006
Skrivet av dix_xib:

Hur menar du? Hyllan är egentligen tänkt som ett vitrinskåp och hade blå belysning. Det enda jag gjorde var att slita ut den blå lampan och installerade ett RGB-kit samt byta ut dörrhandtagen från ett långt i plast till små i metall. C64an står sen på ett plastställ som inte syns från någon vinkel. Kostade typ 50 spänn på Ebay.

Jag vill inte länka till hyllan för butiken som sålde den var den sämsta skiten jag någonsin shoppat för, så de förtjänar inte att länkas nånstans

Tackar! Jo, jag funderade över om det var ett färdigt ställ eller om du bockat till det själv. Då skall jag kolla Ebay.
Litet sugen på att bygga om ett köksvitrinskåp till någonting liknande.

Daisy, Daisy...