PS4 Pro SSD conversion - need suggestions

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Registrerad
Okt 2018

PS4 Pro SSD conversion - need suggestions

Hello guys,
Allow me to apologize for the use of english (not sure is allowed on the forum) but my swedish is just laughable (I am italian), you dont' want to read that.

So, I am an old PC user, used to work assembling PCs, used to overclock the hell out of them (thats why I always appreciated so much you guys), I recently started using more and more my PS4 Pro, and something I really noticed is how its HD really sucks big time, hands down the bottleneck of the system.
Then the next logic step to fix the issue is to swap the stock HD with an SSD, maybe not even a big (and expensive) one, just to let your favorite games run and load a bit smoothly.
I have found many user-made guides to help you in the swapping process, but in all honesty, knowing the ps4 system little to nothing I didn't have the heart to do it myself. Besides, I think I am very rusty with hardware and software trickery in general.
Long story short, any tip about someone in Skåne (Malmö-Lund-Helsingborg area) that could perform a qualified and well-tested service for the process ? for the right fees of course.

Thanks !

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Stockholm
Registrerad
Okt 2005
Skrivet av Undi:

Hello guys,
Allow me to apologize for the use of english (not sure is allowed on the forum) but my swedish is just laughable (I am italian), you dont' want to read that.

So, I am an old PC user, used to work assembling PCs, used to overclock the hell out of them (thats why I always appreciated so much you guys), I recently started using more and more my PS4 Pro, and something I really noticed is how its HD really sucks big time, hands down the bottleneck of the system.
Then the next logic step to fix the issue is to swap the stock HD with an SSD, maybe not even a big (and expensive) one, just to let your favorite games run and load a bit smoothly.
I have found many user-made guides to help you in the swapping process, but in all honesty, knowing the ps4 system little to nothing I didn't have the heart to do it myself. Besides, I think I am very rusty with hardware and software trickery in general.
Long story short, any tip about someone in Skåne (Malmö-Lund-Helsingborg area) that could perform a qualified and well-tested service for the process ? for the right fees of course.

Thanks !

I swapped out the HDD in our PS4 Pro for an SSD ages ago. The process wasn't difficult at all. Open up the side of the console containing the HDD, take it out, replace with the SSD, put it back together. At worst, you'll have to install the software on it anew, which is as easy as following the instructions here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/...

I do recommend that you make a backup of your installation first, though, such as your configuration, using a USB device.

Intel i7-5960x @ 4.5GHz 1.273v | 64GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz CL14 | 120GB SSD Sysdisk | 1TB SSD Speldisk

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Registrerad
Okt 2018

As I wrote I already found many tutorials online, my question was another one, but thanks for your reply Soir.

Trädvy Permalänk
Medlem
Plats
Malmö
Registrerad
Dec 2014

I live in Malmö and I can help you with it pm me if your interested