Bioshock startUp problem!?

Permalänk
Medlem

Bioshock startUp problem!?

Bioshock seems to run fine under WinXP, however, in Vista it "starts" by going to a black screen then a second or three later the black screen lightens slightly to a very dark gray, then nothing more. When I get tired of waiting for something else to happen, I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, get the Vista screen where I can choose to open the Task Manager, which takes me back to the desktop with the Steam window and the (Windows Vista) error message window, reported in a previous post: "Bioshock has encountered an error..." The same thing occurred in Vista before I upgraded to the 163.44 drivers from 162.22.

Please help me!

Visa signatur

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 3,6 GHz | GeForce GTX 1070 Aorus 8GB| Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz C15 (2x8 GB) | MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Moderkort | Corsair PowerSupply TX550 550W 80 Plus GOLD | Fractal Design Define S | Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 500GB | Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Permalänk

I downloaded the Demo throo steam and i got the same problem. tryed to download the demo from FZ.se and that one did work..

thik it is some kind of copy protektion on Bioshock that block u when running it throo steam try to run it with steam in offline mode maybe might work. did never try that (uninstalled it from steam) but read it somewhere that it might solve the problem

hope u get it my skills in english is like -3000

Visa signatur

ASUS B550-f-Gaming, R9 5800X3D, HyperX 3200Mhz cl16 128Gb ram, rtx 3070ti.
[Lista] De bästa gratisprogrammen för Windows
[Diskussion] De bästa gratisprogrammen för Windows

Permalänk
Medlem

lol.. Svenskt forum och trådskaparen är ifrån Umeå och ändå är det på engelska

Skojjigt!

Ont: Vet inte varför det blir så. Kanske finns någon bioshock patch som fixar det? Eftersom det verkar vara vista som strular.

Visa signatur

Jodå... såatte.. nädå...

Permalänk
Medlem

Tried running or installing the game as administrator?

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag får samma problem i vista home premium (köpt)

Men det fungerade när jag körde dell versionen av Vista Ultimate

Permalänk
Medlem

This one worked for me - Had similar problems like you and the new drivers solved my problems.