Medlem
Plats
Umeå
Registrerad
Nov 2008

Solution Fallout 3 / New Vegas Vertical Sync/Crossfire

Fallout 3

Vertical Sync Solution
1. Locate YOUR My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/FALLOUT.INI and open file.
2. Find "iPresentInterval=1" under "[Display]" and set it to "iPresentInterval=0".
3. Make sure you save the changes before shutting down the window.

Crossfire Solution
1. Locate YOUR game dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\e.t.c. or whatever you have chosen) and find Fallout3.exe.
2. Rename Fallout3.exe to Oblivion.exe.
3. Replace your C:\..........\Fallout3\atimgpud.dll with this

http://uploading.com/files/4283f1b1/atimgpud.dll/

This is my personal atimgpud.dll and it works great for me, I don't remember where I downloaded it
so I uploaded mine.

4. Use Oblivion.exe to launch the game.

If you want to change the settings for the game, just open FalloutLauncher.exe and change after your needs, shut it down and launch the game with Oblivion.exe. Crossfire should work and Vertical Sync should be off.

Fallout New Vegas

1. Locate YOUR My Documents/My Games/FalloutNV/FALLOUT.INI, right-click and choose "Properties".
2. Uncheck the "Read-Only" box and press OK.
3. Find "iPresentInterval=1" under "[Display]" and set it to "iPresentInterval=0".
4. Make sure you save the changes before shutting down the window.
5. Right-click on My Documents/My Games/FalloutNV/FALLOUT.INI and check the "Read-Only" box.
6. Do NOT use FalloutNVLauncher.exe to launch the game. In fact if you even open the FalloutNVLauncher.exe the "iPresentInterval=0" will change to "iPresentInterval=1".
Use FalloutNV.exe to launch the game.

Crossfire

I have not stumbled upon any troubles running Crossfire in New Vegas, but in case there are issues with it there is probably solutions out there in some forums. The reason I chose to post this solution is because I did not find any solution for it on the net. At least nothing that told me to use the FalloutNV.exe to launch the game after changing the iPresentInterval to 1. And I made the guide in English because I am sure a lot more people than sweclockers will be needing this guide.

Enjoy!
gugel aka cyphol

ASUS RIIIE | i7 970 @4.6GHz | DOMINATOR 1.92GHz CL8 6x2GB | GTX 970 STRIX | C300 SSD 64GBX2 | EVO 850 500GB | CORSAIR AX1200i | CORSAIR H100i | CORSAIR AIR 540 |