Antec 1200, fans already giving up? (+replacement questions)

Permalänk
Medlem

Antec 1200, fans already giving up? (+replacement questions)

Hi!

I bought the Antec 1200 chassi not very long ago and one or two of the 120mm fans are already producing some noise, not always but it is happening more and more. After installation all fans was immediately set to lowest speed as they are not the most silent fans out there, a thought was that this would give them a slightly longer lifetime but this is the shortest of all fans I have ever used. Maybe I just got a couple of bad fans (same luck as always ) but I'm still curious, how long are these fans supposed to spin?

Are there any other fans that are compatible with this chassi, that has good air flow, silent and controllable from the chassis fan control?
I have a fan controller (akasa) but I don't know how much it can handle, it have small connectors like the ones on the motherboard. The power connector is flat with a few pins, if I remember correctly it is the same as for floppy drives.

Best Regards
Dalton Sleeper

Permalänk

Hello there,

Loking at your request there are a few options here:
when you purchased the case the following fans came already with it:
- 1 top 200mm Big Boy 200™ blue LED fan
- 2 rear 120mm TriCool™ blue LED fan
- 3 front 120mm blue LED fan

Meaning if the 120 mm fans you refer to are not working properly, you should contact our RMA department to have them replaced, as it is part of your warranty. then, please follow the link to place the order http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/EUnewticket.php. My colleagues will pick it and get back to ASAP.

if the fans you refer to are purchased by you seperatelly, then i would recommend the 120 mm TriCool fans for you. Please see te product page: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTkxNg==

Hope this helps,

Antec Support

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Thank you, I will look into this as soon as possible. Is the warranty for this chassi (and fans) one year?

Permalänk

Hi again,
it should be 3 years!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Dalton Sleeper:

Hi!

I bought the Antec 1200 chassi not very long ago and one or two of the 120mm fans are already producing some noise, not always but it is happening more and more. After installation all fans was immediately set to lowest speed as they are not the most silent fans out there, a thought was that this would give them a slightly longer lifetime but this is the shortest of all fans I have ever used. Maybe I just got a couple of bad fans (same luck as always ) but I'm still curious, how long are these fans supposed to spin?

Are there any other fans that are compatible with this chassi, that has good air flow, silent and controllable from the chassis fan control?
I have a fan controller (akasa) but I don't know how much it can handle, it have small connectors like the ones on the motherboard. The power connector is flat with a few pins, if I remember correctly it is the same as for floppy drives.

Best Regards
Dalton Sleeper

Inte för att vara dryg eller så men varför använder du engelska?

Permalänk
Medlem

Because the guys behind the Antec Support nick don't understand Swedish:

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/117-antec-support/916012-om-...

Permalänk

Sensuella Sven,
The reason why we have it in English is that the forum moderators are product managers and true experts of the product who are based globally and not necessarily speak Swedish.

Antec Forum

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Antec Support:

Sensuella Sven,
The reason why we have it in English is that the forum moderators are product managers and true experts of the product who are based globally and not necessarily speak Swedish.

Antec Forum

Ahh... Ok, sorry. My bad.