Corsair Vengeance 2000 - Powerissues

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair Vengeance 2000 - Powerissues

This christmas I got a pair of Vengeance 2000. It is probably the best headset I've used but I've had some problems since the beginning. The wireless part, wasn't really wireless. I think I've used the headset wireless in like 15minutes in total since I got it. It simply doesn't work wireless. When I unplug the headset it goes offline and I have to reattach the headset with the USB cable for it to work again.

This however, isn't an issue for me. But I'm pretty sure its the root of the problem. I've continued to use this headset, but with a cable. Still, sometimes the headset turns off itself and I have to leave it be (plugged) for an half an hour or more before I can use it again. Recently, this happen more often. It can still be a while between these powerfailures but when it happen. I can't to use it.

This pretty much sounds like a hardware problem for me, but just in case someone would wonder, i tried to reinstall the drivers and such. I uninstalled the software that came with the headset and when I try to install it again, it checks for devices and find the device even if I've unplugged it (the wizard wants me to unplug it). Before, I had 4 Vengeance 2000 devices and the wizard told me to unplug them. I unplugged my headset and then the wizard says I still have one headset to unplug. (So by unplugging my one and only Vengeance 2000, I virtually unplugged 3 of them).

Then I tried to install the driver on another computer, which works well. However, I cant start my headset

Anyone at corsair have a suggestion? Or anyone else for that matter.

Permalänk
Benchmaskin 🍞
Skrivet av stoll:

This christmas I got a pair of Vengeance 2000. It is probably the best headset I've used but I've had some problems since the beginning. The wireless part, wasn't really wireless. I think I've used the headset wireless in like 15minutes in total since I got it. It simply doesn't work wireless. When I unplug the headset it goes offline and I have to reattach the headset with the USB cable for it to work again.

This however, isn't an issue for me. But I'm pretty sure its the root of the problem. I've continued to use this headset, but with a cable. Still, sometimes the headset turns off itself and I have to leave it be (plugged) for an half an hour or more before I can use it again. Recently, this happen more often. It can still be a while between these powerfailures but when it happen. I can't to use it.

This pretty much sounds like a hardware problem for me, but just in case someone would wonder, i tried to reinstall the drivers and such. I uninstalled the software that came with the headset and when I try to install it again, it checks for devices and find the device even if I've unplugged it (the wizard wants me to unplug it). Before, I had 4 Vengeance 2000 devices and the wizard told me to unplug them. I unplugged my headset and then the wizard says I still have one headset to unplug. (So by unplugging my one and only Vengeance 2000, I virtually unplugged 3 of them).

Then I tried to install the driver on another computer, which works well. However, I cant start my headset

Anyone at corsair have a suggestion? Or anyone else for that matter.

Hello Stoll and welcome to SweClockers.com!

I myself own a pair of Vengeance 2000 headset and the wireless works flawlessly. You could try to calibrate the headset with the reciver again, but the fact that it shuts itself down even when plugged in tells me something is wrong with the hardware.

You should contact the dealer you bought it from or Corsair to get it replaced with a working one.

Good luck
/Raven

Permalänk
Corsair

I would certainly try to 'clean' the drivers off the system then reboot and re-install. Otherwise it does sound like a hardware fault, in which case I'd replace it via your reseller. If you have any issues with that, I should be able to help.

Visa signatur