Blackberry 10 delvis svenskutvecklat

Permalänk

Idag fick vi veta att 12.000 företag redan har implementerat BES10. Vi fick också veta om en ny lur som Blackberry kommer släppa i sommar, Q5, en billigare variant av Q10 dvs en med QWERTY tangentbord, tanken är att den ska släppas i de länder där folk generellt inte har råd med de dyraste high-end mobilerna.

Permalänk

Blackberry har precis uppdaterat BB10 till version 10.1 med en massa fina nyheter fast ännu bättre är nog nyheten att i nästa större uppdatering, version 10.2 så kommer Android runtime uppdateras till Jellybean 4.2.2 i BB10, enligt visssa kan det i princip innebära att man kan köra Android appar bättre och snabbare än på flertalet Android lurar eftersom BB10 är ett så effektivt OS i grunden. BB10.2 lär komma till hösten.

Här är lite fler uppdateringen som kommer med 10.2:

Headless apps

Headless apps will be able to run in the background or be triggered instead of showing up and running as a pane.

USB Host Capability

This should allow you to connect usb sticks to BlackBerry devices and transfer files.

WiFi Direct and Miracast

This will allow Wi-Fi connectivity directly between devices instead of going through a router. This will essentially act like Bluetooth, but use the Wi-Fi radio for faster transfer speeds. Miracast will use Wi-Fi Direct for high bandwidth transmission of video to an external display.

Flurry Analytics

BlackBerry will support the analytics solution called Flurry which can help developers understand their customers better and create better apps via analytics solutions.

Smart cards

Smart card support will allow BlackBerry 10 devices to act as access cards to physical buildings/rooms via NFC.

Altimeter

The altimeter would allow developers to make apps that can use altitude information. This is either access to an existing barometer in the Z10, or simply a way to obtain altitude information from a GPS location.

Geofencing

Geofencing on BlackBerry smartphones will allow developers the ability to create apps which work or respond depending on a precise area you’re in. This can be useful for securing smartphones for business within a complex, or an application for notifying whether your child leaves a certain virtual area.

Android Jelly Bean Support

Along with OS 10.2, BlackBerry should be rolling out support for Android Jelly Bean Apps. This should bring in many new high-quality Android apps that are designed for the latest Android smartphones.

Permalänk

"One of the interesting things regarding BB10 OS is that it has true multitasking. If you're running 2 apps, you're truly running 2 apps, honest-to-God, in parallel, it's not that the front one runs and all others are in some sort of a semi-sleep mode.

This makes switching between apps fast and easy, and when you switch back, the previous app is exactly in the state in which you left it. On my Android tablets, it's not always so... an app can be tossed onto the "disk" and live in a sleep mode, to be reawakened by the OS at need, which takes time and not all of them wake in the same state as they were.

Of course, true multitasking takes its toll; original plans for Z10 were that it should have 1 GB memory, and it had to be changed to 2 GB, because having a bunch of stuff from the OS itself in memory, and then multitasking apps on top of that, takes a lot of space.

But that price was paid, and it multitasks beautifully.

Also, any native BB10 app, written in C++ and using Cascades, is going to run circles around any Java app. What you get out of it is... smooth responsiveness. Things written that way respond in a split second, you don't wait for them, they wait for you.

Also that gives you much better CPU usage, which on a mobile device translates also to more battery life and less heating.

In truth, if you connect it to a serious monitor and a keyboard... you could make real desktop-style applications and it would be on par with a weaker notebook. Now if someone would start making serious desktop-level applications for BB10..."

Permalänk

BB Q10

Tjena,

Har en iphone sen länge, och kände att jag ville testa något nytt. Var inte helt övertygad om jag verkligen skulle ge mig på en BB 10, men jag kommer nog aldrig att ångra detta beslut! Köpte mig en BB Q10 med nordiskt tangentbord, det är en REN fröjd att skriva på ett fysiskt tangentbord, och det går så fort och smidigt att skriva också! Känns nästan att det går knappt att jämföra iphonen med denna iom att de är olika telefoner i flera avseenden...

Gällande operativsystemet så multitaskar jag som aldrig förr, sjukt enkelt och snabbt. Jag använder faktiskt min BB Q10 mer än iphonen, även om jag fortfarande gillar iphonen så är BB Q10 en ny favorit!

Kan inget annat än att rekommendera att ni går och kollar på ett exemplar och testar en Z10 eller Q10. Sen angående appar och allt sådant är jag inte ett dugg orolig då jag ahr hittat det jag behöver! Jag lirar inga avancerade spel i mobben så jag har inte haft behov att ladda ner något spel....än

En sak till, IOS 6 känns helt plötsligt dögammalt om jag jämför den med Android och framförallt BB 10 OS!

Permalänk
Avstängd

Hur snabba är telefon operatörerna med att implementera uppdateringar på BlackBerry?
Som 10.2:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10#BlackBerry_10.2

På Windows Phone 8 går det rätt trögt. Intressant att veta hur det funkar för BlackBerry.