Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av JMP76
Hi,
I write a catalog about core memories, and i have seen here (in this thread) beautifull pictures of one. Can the author of these pictures, give me the authorisation to publish them on my website. As you can see there http://pichotjm.free.fr it is a very serious, non profit website. Photos will be credited to the author name (if you give me it)

May i suggest you to have a look in my website, and particularily in the core memory section http://pichotjm.free.fr/MemTores/MemTores.html. I describe about 50 different core memories. With many, many pictures...

I have saved two very early french computers, designed with germanium transistors, (before the invention of silicium ones) and core memories. A one bit memory needs one PCB!

Thanks

pichotjm(at)free(dot)fr

Welcome! I'm impressed that you managed to subscribe. Thanks for making a nice site, I've visited it before and I really appreciated the pages about the SEREL computers. Do you have an english version of those pages?

The original poster agreed to put the pictures on wikipedia, I'm not to familiar with the wp licence, but perhaps you can use images with that license. But I'll ask the poster specifically one more time:

@SNQ: får den här trevliga fransmannen använda dina bilder på sin hemsida?

Visa signatur

Sökes: Maskiner och tillbehör från Silicon Graphics och Digital Equipment Corporation.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av ares93
bomber3: jag tror jag har en sån laptopladdare. jag ska kolla närmare. satt förresten en 60mb hd i den datorn men den var helt slut. stängde man av strömmen så formaterade hårddisken sig... så dator sländes men jag har hdd:n upphängd på väggen.

Har gjort en tråd om min laptop för länge sen, har bilder där = http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6...

Köper gärna laddaren om du säljer den

Visa signatur

ATI TALIBAN.
Är inte någon expert, men jag har inte akne heller.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS.. "Betala i förskott på blocket?" tråden.

Permalänk
Medlem

[sorry, Internet was out yesterday]

Citat:

Welcome! I'm impressed that you managed to subscribe. Thanks for making a nice site, I've visited it before and I really appreciated the pages about the SEREL computers. Do you have an english version of those pages?

Thanks!

The english version starts with http://pichotjm.free.fr/indexUS.html

I often put, just after title, a link with ''In english'.
A lot of pages have been translated in english. (but not french scanned text: jpg) It's a hard work for me to translate... my english is not very good...

Core memories are bilingual. (black for french, blue for english)
I think lot of photos does not need translation... just for the eyes!

Citat:

The original poster agreed to put the pictures on wikipedia, I'm not to familiar with the wp licence, but perhaps you can use images with that license. But I'll ask the poster specifically one more time:

I received an eMail giving me authorization. Nico helps me to correct some data. Thanks to him!

Google gives me a poor translation... but that's better than nothing! Some words or sentences cannot be understood. But it helps me! It is easy, for me, to make mistakes! But with people having passion, we can do many thinks!

It's the first time i write to swedish people!

I tried to visit your country, 40 years ago. We (my brother and me) crossed the sea from Copenhague to Malmö. We had so very heavy and continuous rains that we were obliged to stop the visit...

Have a nice day!

JMP

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av snq

Den andra.. PRIME COMPUTER INC / MADE IN USA / ART3572 REV E / PCB3573-001 REV E.
Dom flesta av chipsen heter TMS4164-20NL vilket verkar vara 64 kbit DRAM? Isf måste det här varit riktiga värstingsprylar, då det finns 176 st såna på den... Så det skulle alltså bli 11 Mbit?

4164 chippen är ju bara 1bit*64K Så du behöver 8 eller 9 sådana för 64Kbyte. (Beroende om du har paritetsbit eller inte).

Har för mig att vissa datorer hade fler en en paritetsbit för error handling, så teoretiskt, så kan det vara 3 paritetsbitar på detta kort. Då är en rad med 11 chip, 64Kbyte inkl. paritet. Vilket ger 1Mb. totalt på kortet.

För övrigt så står -20 för flanktiden i nanosek om jag minns rätt.

Visa signatur

AeroCool Bolt, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro, Ryzen7 3700X, Corsair Force MP600, Powercolor RX580, Corsair DDR4 3600MHz Vengeance RGB Pro AMD 16Gb.

Permalänk
Medlem

Hi,
Concerning the Prime board, you have 176 IC. In that time, Dyn RAM had errors (due to alpha particules, emitted by ceramic), So we used to design with ECC technics. (or were obliged...)
16 bits words require 6 bits of redondance. Giving in fact 22 bits per hardware word.
So 176 IC give 8 x 22. Ie a memory of 512 K words of 16 bits. (but with ECC)

TMS4164-20NL are 200 ns acces time. Actual cost is about 13 $ per chip! (new?)

Have a nice day.

Permalänk
Medlem

Har varit lite upptagen senaste veckan, men fransmannen har som han redan skrev fått svar på epost

JMP76: You've got mail again!
$13 per chip! So only those chips on the board would cost $2288. Is that $13 todays price or from back in the day?

Visa signatur

Surf/jobbdator: i7 3770K | GA-Z77-D3H | 16 GB | Intel 510 + 750 GB | HD6870 2GB | 30'' | P180B
Server: Phenom X4 9500 | GA-MA78G-DS3H | 8 GB | 5.4 TB | YY-0221
Speldator: IBM PC XT | 8088 4.77 MHz | 640k | 10 MB HDD | EGA | 360k/720k diskett

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

[i]
$13 per chip! So only those chips on the board would cost $2288. Is that $13 todays price or from back in the day? [/B]

I thank that -20 after TMS4164 indicates a 200ns version, so i checked that data with Google and TMS4164-20. The first answer http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com/tms4164-20nl.html gave me the price... Many parts are available on the market. So the price is not a selling price for vendors, but for people needing part to maintain machines...
At that price, parts are probably checked and new.
JMP

Permalänk
Medlem

Har nu fått svar på vad HP 8K modulen är.. Det handlar om 8K words på 16 bitar. Så allt tillsammans 128 kbit.
Och jag vet inte om det här är sant, men tydligen så låg nypriset för en sån här modul runt 80,000 kr.

Visa signatur

Surf/jobbdator: i7 3770K | GA-Z77-D3H | 16 GB | Intel 510 + 750 GB | HD6870 2GB | 30'' | P180B
Speldator: IBM PC XT | 8088 4.77 MHz | 640k | 10 MB HDD | EGA | 360k/720k diskett

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av snq
Har nu fått svar på vad HP 8K modulen är.. Det handlar om 8K words på 16 bitar. Så allt tillsammans 128 kbit.
Och jag vet inte om det här är sant, men tydligen så låg nypriset för en sån här modul runt 80,000 kr.

Coolt

Jag kan tänka mig det var snordyrt 80 k är nog inte orimligt.

Visa signatur

Sökes: Maskiner och tillbehör från Silicon Graphics och Digital Equipment Corporation.

Permalänk
Medlem

Helt sjukt! Har nog aldrig sett såna gamla grejer faktiskt, inte på bild på ett forum iallafall! (91-a) Synd att man inte kunde lite mer om gamla prylar hehe.

Coolt tycker jag!
Ta väl hand om dem

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av PBGP
Coolt

Jag kan tänka mig det var snordyrt 80 k är nog inte orimligt.

Jo inte var det då billigt på den tiden
Man kan ju börja fundera vad X1 modulen måste ha kostat.. HP 2100 var liksom en dussinmaskin i jämförelse med iaf flera 1000 st tillverkade. X1:an fanns det 31 st av. Och att samma grejer hade varit totalt värdelösa idag om det inte hade funnits folk som samlar på sånt här

Visa signatur