Question about the future of distribution

Permalänk
Medlem

Question about the future of distribution

Hello Sweclockers.
I would like to ask you a question and I'm afraid that, just like I am writing this in English, I am asking you to answer in English.
But before asking you the question, I suppose I should give you a little background info.

I am currently taking English C in my high school here in Sweden and I have decided to research into the future of distribution of movies, video games and music. As you all know, the distribution of said media has within recent years began to move their focus into digital distribution with streaming services such as Spotify and Netflix and the video game market are taking the same turn with services like Steam and Origin.

The reason that I'm writing this in English here, and asking for answers in English, is because that since this is a research essay in my English class, I am required to get information in English and not translate from Swedish or any other language for that matter.

These services are offered as an easier way to get your movies, music and video games without having to leave your house, thus saving time and in some cases, the products that you purchase from these might even be cheaper than the one that you will find in your physical stores.

The reason I am asking you, the members of the Sweclockers forum this question is because I have been reading these forums for quite a while now and if there has been one thing that I have noticed, it is how knowledgeable the members of this forum are with technology.

So, my question for you is the following: What do you think will happen with distribution of video games, music and movies within the timespan of 10 years? Will they continue to be offered in your local mall at a store in a box or will they cease to be offered as a physical copy and only being offered as a digital copy?

I thank you for taking your time to read this long post and if you intend to answer the question, I ask of you to answer it in English (Sorry about that).
Of course, if you do not intend to the answer the question but instead have something else to ask me, I ask of you to send me a PM.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a pleasant day!

Permalänk
Medlem

Just wanted to explain that the answers can be short if you didn't think so!