WD problem formatering

Permalänk
Medlem

WD problem formatering

När jag pluggade in min Western Digital externa hårddisk så ville den att jag skulle formatera om den, då gjorde jag en "snabb formatering" och då gick den från att vara 2TB stor till ca 900GB. Hur kan man lösa det problemet någon som har eller har haft samma problem?

Permalänk
Medlem

testade

I am not going to try it on my external drive, but I looked up the tools that in windows 7, and here is what I think you need to do. The (maybe) bad news is that you will lose all data on the drive. The good news is that even if something goes wrong, we can just try a different route without hurting anything.

OK. So the easiest way to get to the tool you need is to go to the start menu and, in the search bar at the bottom, type in 'disk management'. The first thing which comes up should be a utility which is called "create and format hard disk partitions". Click on this, and it should bring up a window which says "loading disk configuration information". When it is done gathering this information, it will show a display with all of the drives connected to your computer. Carefully identify the one you want; you are actually pretty safe since I think that you will only your primary drive, the one you want to format, and a CD drive. It won't allow you to format your primary partition on your main drive, you most likely can't format what's in your CD drive, which leaves only the one you want available for formatting. Still, identify it positively before doing anything to it.

When you have identified it, right-click on each partition on the drive and "delete volume". If this option is grayed out, you are probably trying to delete something on your main drive. Once you have deleted all partitions, right click on the empty space created and tell it to do a format. If given the option, do a full format and format the drive as NTFS. You will be able to name the drive, and when it is done you should have a full sized and fully functional drive. The one thing to watch out for is NEVER turn off the power on a drive which is formatting - this is the one thing which I have heard will probably damage a drive. Best not to take chances. Like I said, I'm not testing the steps myself right now, so something may not work. If this is the case or if I wasn't clear on a point, just post and I'll try to sort it out.

Och nu hittar jag inte den externa hårddisken help please

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Högerklicka igen på den externa disken i disk management och välj "skapa partition". Klart!

Permalänk
Medlem

Funkar tyvärr inte

Permalänk
Arvid Nordqvist-mannen
Skrivet av flixxer:

Funkar tyvärr inte

Du har inte lust att beskriva lite bättre?....

Permalänk
Medlem

Kan vi ta det på skype eller något lite lättare och förklara läget då