Problem with SSD Corsair Extreme 256 GB and Notebook Clevo W860CU

Permalänk
Medlem

Problem with SSD Corsair Extreme 256 GB and Notebook Clevo W860CU

Hello,
I have had problem with SSD Corsair Extreme 256 GB installed in a Clevo W860CU which many specialized Notebook builder use like Kobaltcomputers , Deviltech, AVA direct etc
When I try to boot the Notebook locks up before entering BIOS and then I either have to wait for it to get warm and it boots normally or I have to reboot 4-10 times and then it boots normally.
I do NOT have this problem when i use a standard WD 7200 rpm 250 GB disk or a SSD WD SiliconBlue or a SSD Crucial RealC300 they are all working normal I only had problem with Corsair Extreme 256 GB and I even burned one because one aint working at all now
Any ideas why Corsair Extreme isnt compatible with Clevo W860CU ?
Thanks

Permalänk
Corsair

Have you tried the latest firmware, if it's not already installed? "X" Series Firmware Update - The Corsair Support Forums

You could also try checking that the BIOS is configuring the drive in AHCI mode, or even check whether your laptop has the latest BIOS. I use a Nova Series SSD (same basic controller) in my old Dell D620 so this newer laptop should be fine!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

Have you tried the latest firmware, if it's not already installed? "X" Series Firmware Update - The Corsair Support Forums

You could also try checking that the BIOS is configuring the drive in AHCI mode, or even check whether your laptop has the latest BIOS. I use a Nova Series SSD (same basic controller) in my old Dell D620 so this newer laptop should be fine!

Thanks for replying fast, I have latest of all and I kind of gave up on Corsair as disk for my Clevo Notebook and are now using one as storage device in my main desktop and the other one that broke after 4 months that one I can use as xmas decoration I guess.
Corsair Extreme do boot fine when I tried with my dekstops all 3 of them ASUS Rampage Extreme III and ASUS P7P55D-Delux aswell as Zotac miniITX H55ITX-C-E MBs.
Unfortunately there seems to be no love between Clevo W860CU and Corsair Extreme SSD.
I do not like when I cant get hardware to work properly and Im curious as to why they wont work together or maybe they just dont like me