Corsair Vengeance 2000 issue

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair Vengeance 2000 issue

Hi!

Today, 15 minutes after that i had putted my corsair vengeance 2000 headset on my head, the right headphone came off.
The plastic had cracked so that a big piece of plastic came loose. I have not ever handled it carelessly, as when it broke i where already wearing it! I received the headset as a Christmas gift last Christmas. I can provide a picture of the damage if necessary. Is it supposed to crack after just a couple of months? I've always enjoyed Corsair products and thought of them as good quality... Should i change my mind? :/

Permalänk
Medlem
Permalänk
Medlem

No you should not change your mind. Corsair knows bout thiss issue with the Vengeance 2000 and u will most truly get a new headset if you inform them about this.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Corsair

Yes, we'll replace it. I'd suggest initially returning it to the reseller for a replacement (they will RMA to us), as that's often easier than doing it direct.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Within 6 months from purchase my V2000 headset cracked on both sides. My friend has the same issue and it seems there are many of us with this problem. Now time has passed, warranty is still valid, and I am planning to RMA the headset. Before I do that it would be interesting to know if the design has been improved. Are the ones sold today improved / stronger?

Permalänk
Corsair

Duedate - Sorry to hear that. To answer your question, yes, current version of the V2000 headset are now improved in respect to headband cracking issue. We were able to catch this problem right away and we were able to make necessary action to have it corrected. Please submit an RMA and we'll get them replaced for you.

Permalänk
Benchmaskin 🍞
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Duedate - Sorry to hear that. To answer your question, yes, current version of the V2000 headset are now improved in respect to headband cracking issue. We were able to catch this problem right away and we were able to make necessary action to have it corrected. Please submit an RMA and we'll get them replaced for you.

Hello Greybeard.

I've got two V2000 in my household and both have cracks by the sides.
It's a comfortable and a good sounding headset and would rather not switch brand just because of this little design flaw.

Mine is about to crack in a way that the right cup will detach from the headband, while my girlfriends V2000 has a bigger crack which makes it unstable to wear and is exposing some wires.

She got her's first as a christmas present and i got mine a few months after that.
If they now have been improved i would very much like to replace them as well.
Is it possible?

/R

Permalänk
Corsair

Hi Raven,
I am very sorry to hear that. If this is indeed the case, then my suggestion is to get both headset replaced. Go ahead and submit a ticket to start an RMA process and let me know what the ticket # is, then I'll make sure that we take care of you.
Thanks

Permalänk
Benchmaskin 🍞
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Hi Raven,
I am very sorry to hear that. If this is indeed the case, then my suggestion is to get both headset replaced. Go ahead and submit a ticket to start an RMA process and let me know what the ticket # is, then I'll make sure that we take care of you.
Thanks

Hello Greybeard.

I have now created a RMA request and my ticket # is 6093908

Thank you for the help
First time i've needed Corsair support and i am quite pleased with it!

/R

Permalänk
Benchmaskin 🍞
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Hi Raven,
Thanks

Btw, i entered both our headset in the same ticket but i can only see one in the ticket-information.

Is there two headset in the ticket?

Permalänk
Corsair

I have added the second unit manually under the same ticket #. You are good to go