aercool touch fan controller won't fit in 350d (about a mm too big)

Permalänk
Avstängd

aercool touch fan controller won't fit in 350d (about a mm too big)

i bought a fan controller for my 350d that from my understanding should fit in any standard slot

but it won't fit in the 350d it is about 1 mm too big

which i find weird

http://www.aerocool.us/peripheral/touch2100.htm

it simply does not fit isn't it supposed to fit?

other than that i am very pleased with my 350d

Permalänk
Corsair

Technically, it should. The fact that the case has two 5.25" bay, which the fan controller requires, but considering that this case is mATX case, there may be some difference in optical bay depth compared to a standard ATX case. A mm in difference shouldn't be that bad.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Technically, it should. The fact that the case has two 5.25" bay, which the fan controller requires, but considering that this case is mATX case, there may be some difference in optical bay depth compared to a standard ATX case. A mm in difference shouldn't be that bad.

i tried to get it in the case it was impossible it was too big

Permalänk
Corsair

Do you mind providing a photo? I'd like to see how much of gap you are referring to. Thanks

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Do you mind providing a photo? I'd like to see how much of gap you are referring to. Thanks

i am sorry for the late reply but it will be very difficult to take a photo considering i have to take down the pc

isn't it easy to tell if it fits or not if you know both model names?

Permalänk
Corsair

The thing is, we do not test any fan controller available in the market to make sure that it fits the optical bay. Most case vendors would simply follow the standard 5.25" bay specification. Now since third party fan controllers are not going to have identical spec between different makers, it'd be really hard to know which models and which won't. Some may fit perfectly and some may have some imperfections in terms of installation.