Permalänk
Avstängd

Broken h100i Fans

Hello
I did a rma ticket yesterday but i am sure if i did write it right.
Ticket 6249748

The problem i have is that the fans makes almost a "clicking" sound when they are connected to the pump.
I did try auto fan Curve still makes that sound even att low speed and the sound is there even if i do the fan curve and thats with the speed off 2300 rpm, so it doesn't matter what speed the fan are on still doas that sound.

Only only solution i found whas to take them off the pump when the computer is on, but then i would have problem with overheating when i am gaming.

Got firmware 1.07
Pump and led is working so its only the fans thats not working as they should.

Permalänk
Medlem

I got fed up with my stock fans after a couple of hours, replaced them as soon as I could with a pair of SP120 High Performance PWM fans. Amazing difference in noise levels, can't hear it on idle and full load is way better than stock fans.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av paradoxy:

I got fed up with my stock fans after a couple of hours, replaced them as soon as I could with a pair of SP120 High Performance PWM fans. Amazing difference in noise levels, can't hear it on idle and full load is way better than stock fans.

The high nosie doesn't bother me that much but the weird "clicking" sound is really annoying.

New replacement for me would be ok, dont really wanna spend money on new fans when i am happy with stock fans except the weird "clicking" sound.

They are clearly broken so it should go on Warranty.

Permalänk
Medlem

Do you have the Corsair Link commander.

If you dont then i will recommend you to downgrade the firmware from 1.07 to 1.05 because the thing 1.07 do is letting the h80i/h100i be seen when connected to the link commander and not direct to the motherboard, and people on the corsair forum have seen that the fans start to click when they are connected to the punp in FW 1.07, i did notice it also but as i am running over the Corsair Link Commander and the Link Fan Controller it was ok because i dont have my fans conntcted to pump anymore.

Here is the link to 1.05 http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115836
And the "changelog" for the 1.05 FW:
The Firmware is listed bellow Version 1.05 for H80i and H100i Coolers.
This Version adds support for our PWM Fans and should work with most PWM Fans. Our Fan PN# is CO-8950002 and will correct the fan noise some have experienced.

Here is the link to 1.07: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115836
And the "changelog" for the 1.07 FW:
The Firmware is listed below Version 1.07 for H80i and H100i Coolers.
This Version corrects detection problems when connected to Corsair Link Commander

Spelling check.
Visa signatur

Min Dator
Skærm: Philips 49PUS6401/12 Android UHD TV
Arbejder på Dansk Dell Pro Support.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ditro:

The high nosie doesn't bother me that much but the weird "clicking" sound is really annoying.

New replacement for me would be ok, dont really wanna spend money on new fans when i am happy with stock fans except the weird "clicking" sound.

Is the "clicking" constant at all rpms? Mine went quiet below 1k or 900 rpm I think.

I've heard others complain about the stock fans so I don't know if new ones will solve the problem, they are crap. But it will be fun to see Corsairs response, keep us updated!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ditro:

I had 3 replacements before I got fans that I can live with, though the 3rd replacement was the fans only. The "best" noice level I get when running the fans at fixed speed between 1100 or 1200 RPM. Below 1100 i get the clicking sound, above 1200 I think the fans it self sound too much.

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming OC, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL16 3600MHz, Arctic Freezer II 240, Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Seagate Firecuda 2TB, Seagate Ironwolf 4TB, ASUS PG278Q

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS RTX 2060 Dual OC, 16GB G.Skill Flare X CL14 3200 MHz @3200 MHz, Arctic Freezer 240, Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W, Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Seagate Ironwolf 4TB, ASUS PG278Q

ASUS Maximus V GENE, Intel i7 3770K @ 4,6 GHz (1.190 V), EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLi, 8GB G.Skill TridentX CL10 2400 MHz, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Corsair Hydro H100i, Corsair AX860i, Fractal Design Define R4W, ASUS PG278Q

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Mushishi:

Do you have the Corsair Link commander.

If you dont then i will recommend you to downgrade the firmware from 1.07 to 1.05 because the thing 1.07 do is letting the h80i/h100i be seen when connected to the link commander and not direct to the motherboard, and people on the corsair forum have seen that the fans start to click when they are connected to the punp in FW 1.07, i did notice it also but as i am running over the Corsair Link Commander and the Link Fan Controller it was ok because i dont have my fans conntcted to pump anymore.

Here is the link to 1.05 http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115836
And the "changelog" for the 1.05 FW:
The Firmware is listed bellow Version 1.05 for H80i and H100i Coolers.
This Version adds support for our PWM Fans and should work with most PWM Fans. Our Fan PN# is CO-8950002 and will correct the fan noise some have experienced.

Here is the link to 1.07: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115836
And the "changelog" for the 1.07 FW:
The Firmware is listed below Version 1.07 for H80i and H100i Coolers.
This Version corrects detection problems when connected to Corsair Link Commander

the problem started with firmware 1.05 only updated to 1.07 to see if that whas a easy fix but still have "clicking" sound

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av paradoxy:

Is the "clicking" constant at all rpms? Mine went quiet below 1k or 900 rpm I think.

I've heard others complain about the stock fans so I don't know if new ones will solve the problem, they are crap. But it will be fun to see Corsairs response, keep us updated!

Yes its constant at all rpm and the "clicking" sounds a lot more on low rpm but that can also be because its more quiet then.

Waiting for a response from corsair but will keep you updated. Looks like a lot have the same problem with stock fans.

Permalänk
Corsair

Ditro - Are your fans 3pin or 4pin PWM? If you do have PWM fans, then your FW should be 1.07.