Permalänk
Medlem

Uppdaterad K750i ?

Hej, jag har hört rykten om att det kommer en uppdaterad version av k750i nångongång i juli. Den skall ha en bättre kamera i stort sett - bättre autofokus osv.

STÄMMER DETTA ENLIGT SÄKRA KÄLLOR? Isådanafall skall jag vänta med att köpa den och därför är det en rellevant fråga för mig och kanske många andra ;P

Visa signatur

Officially known as WixlunD

Permalänk
Medlem

Saxat från: www.mobile-review.com. Sen vad som är sant eller inte vet nog bara SonyEricsson

Sony Ericsson K750i gets CCD-matrix [ 12:16 ]
Author: Eldar Murtazin Translation by: Anja Rytchkova

The review of Sony Ericsson K750i published at iXBT stated that the model was equipped with a CCD-matrix; the matrix type turned to be a matter to argue about. I don’t mean to offend my colleagues, but all existing models involve CMOS-matrixes, which were initially planed for this phone. We can see it by test photos made indoors, matrix noise is getting higher and quite distinctive. The main problem during the development of the K750i was the size of CCD-module, which didn’t fit the form-factor, at that moment there were no tiny modules with acceptable specs. Given this the answer by the Sony Ericsson Call Centre sounds curiously, I’d provide an extract of it:

«Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre. With regards to your enquiry, the camera specifications are as follows: Overview camera K750: CCD-Camera With the integrated 2.0 Megapixel camera with auto focus and digital zoom, the user can take pictures and video clips and save them in the phone memory or on the Memory Stick».

There arises a question, how come that the manufacturer provides wrong info. We had a blitz survey, talked to the people in charge of this product and found out something interesting. The Sony Ericsson Call Centre got such info, as the company really intends to change the matrix type in the phone. All produced models and the models in retail will have a CMOS-sensor, that’s true also for the handsets, which will be produced till July presumably. From August on the camera module will be replaced, there will be some other improvements:
- Better auto focus under poor light conditions
- Higher detailing of items within 5 meters distance compared with the CMOS-module
- Another image processing algorithm, saturated colors
- Better implementation of image processing from macro mode
- Slightly longer time to save images
- Power consumption up by some 5-10%
- Other lenses for the new matrix

The new CCD-module looks the same, you can hardly see the difference with your eye naked. The company will try not to focus on the improved camera in the K750i, at least until all released models will be sold. Then the inscription informing about the CCD camera will appear in promo materials, as well as on the shell. It will happen approximately on the Christmas sales.

The new camera module for Sony Ericsson K750i is becoming the standard for the company’s whole line, starting from the mid-range. Top models of 2005 will have 3-megapixel matrixes, however they will be CMOS. Well, we see that the very Sony Ericsson K750i will have optimal specs. As we’ve said many times, it’s not always right to buy a phone at first sales days. Sometimes the manufacturer improves some components, as it happened in this case. Unfortunately, at the moment no one can boast of Sony Ericsson K750i with a CCD-matrix, except for company’s developers. We will certainly compare the new matrix with the old one by the end of the summer and also provide a comparison with other models of this class. Taking into account that the picture quality of the current Sony Ericsson K750 is close to the maximum for such products, the replacement of the matrix (resulting in a higher picture quality) looks justified. The main point here is that the manufacturer doesn’t intend to collect extra money on it. Just remember the situation with Sony Ericsson K700, the memory size was increased sharply, that was unexpected and very nice. Well, there is an example in company’s history, besides the company plans to make its product the best.